Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Dragon Age screens & art

MetalCraze

Arcane
Somehow deep inside me I want this game to be announced as a console game as well so I will be able to say "I told you bitches"

Texas Red

Whiner
skyway said:
Somehow deep inside me I want this game to be announced as a console game as well so I will be able to say "I told you bitches"

I think most here predicted that years ago.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
J1M said:
I never claimed to have played them all.

You probably won't be able to fully appreciate this link unless you've played Ikaruga, but it's amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZEGyrEnXrk

Just saying you can't tell if it's more fun than all of them without having played them all. But you were right anyway, Ikaruga is likely the most fun, aside maybe Touhou if you like that style. And that video is lovely, especially the other videos of later stages.

Arem

Scholar
Apparently the entire thing is just a teaser for a new trailer, which will come out on Saturday.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Arem said:
Apparently the entire thing is just a teaser for a new trailer, which will come out on Saturday.

So...it was a teaser for a teaser for a trailer?

J1M

Arcane
Jasede said:
J1M said:
I never claimed to have played them all.

You probably won't be able to fully appreciate this link unless you've played Ikaruga, but it's amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZEGyrEnXrk

Just saying you can't tell if it's more fun than all of them without having played them all. But you were right anyway, Ikaruga is likely the most fun, aside maybe Touhou if you like that style. And that video is lovely, especially the other videos of later stages.
Right. I was just pointing out that you don't need complete knowledge to have an educated opinion.

Murk

Arcane
someone explain the white/blue and black/red shield thing in ikaruga

MetalCraze

Arcane
Once in 50.000 years dragons come to our land, destroying, burning everything that is alive and enslaving what is left with a necromancy. And we don't know why...
But only one man can stop them. His name is sir Shepard and he is a Commander of The Guard. A hero of countless wars, a captain of the new and fast sea-frigate "Normandy" and together with his brave friends Anomen Carth, Canderous Wrex and Juhani Liara he will chase the evil wizard Saren, a former member of the Wizards Council to the edge of the world. To stop him and his evil dragon ally Sovereign once and for all.

J1M

Arcane
Mikayel said:
All damage in the game is one of two colors. If it matches the color of your shields then instead of dying when you are hit your missiles charge up. You can flip the color of your shields at any time with a button, but can only have one type of shield at a time.

Additionally, the color of lasers you shoot is the same as the shield type you have on. Red lasers do double damage vs. blue enemies and vice versa. It's a huge risk/reward setup, because red enemies will always shoot red lasers and vice versa. You can either be safe by using the same color, or kill faster but be more vulnerable.

Zhirzzh

Scholar
Mikayel said:

From the vid, it looks like bullets are one of two colors, and you can run a shield that blocks one of them.

Murk

Arcane
So charging up the proper colour gives you that super weapon - which explains why the last boss kept getting blasted and blasting back - so long as the colors were matched properly then the player could use the super weapon over and over as it was charged immediately.

neat

J1M

Arcane
I guess what Bioware meant by "more July 9th 2008" was "we are going to work more on Dragon Age after lunch on July 9th 2008 now that our post-PC Mass Effect vacation is over".

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Once in 50.000 years dragons come to our land, destroying, burning everything that is alive and enslaving what is left with a necromancy. And we don't know why...
But only one man can stop them. His name is sir Shepard and he is a Commander of The Guard. A hero of countless wars, a captain of the new and fast sea-frigate "Normandy" and together with his brave friends Anomen Carth, Canderous Wrex and Juhani Liara he will chase the evil wizard Saren, a former member of the Wizards Council to the edge of the world. To stop him and his evil dragon ally Sovereign once and for all."

Try to be funny next time. Thanks.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Can someone please explain to mean why this game is going to be so great, besides the fact that it has its own RPG system?

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
"Once in 50.000 years dragons come to our land, destroying, burning everything that is alive and enslaving what is left with a necromancy. And we don't know why...
But only one man can stop them. His name is sir Shepard and he is a Commander of The Guard. A hero of countless wars, a captain of the new and fast sea-frigate "Normandy" and together with his brave friends Anomen Carth, Canderous Wrex and Juhani Liara he will chase the evil wizard Saren, a former member of the Wizards Council to the edge of the world. To stop him and his evil dragon ally Sovereign once and for all."

I think it was pretty funny.

Callaxes said:
Can someone please explain to mean why this game is going to be so great, besides the fact that it has its own RPG system?

Right now we only care if the game will be what was promised or not.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah; but youa re a Double Dumb Fuck and I'm a Pretty Princess. Obviously, my opinion matters more. Sorry.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Name tag fight!

And I can't wait to take on the role of Sir Shepard and grab some medieval collar's.

El Dee

Scholar
So when the hell is the site going to be up? I've been waiting all day to scoop DU on the news post.

Warden

Arbiter
Dark Individual said:
Volourn said:

I think it was pretty funny.

Me too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom