Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn - open world ARPG from Ashen devs

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.playflintlock.com

ABOUT THIS GAME
Join humanity’s last stand as Gods and guns collide in an all-new action-RPG open-world adventure.

The Door to the Afterlife has been opened, allowing the old God’s army of the undead to escape from within. The living are on the brink of extinction. It’s time for the coalition army to retake their world. Embrace vengeance, gunpowder and magic and embark on an epic journey to lead mankind’s final siege against the tide of the dead.

Your battle begins now.

Forge a bond like no other
Join Nor Vanek, a member of the coalition army, and your companion Enki, a strange creature gifted with magical powers, in their personal vendetta against the gods.

Defeat the most powerful beings in creation
Challenge the Gods. Master a demanding yet rewarding combat system blending axe wielding, gunplay, magic and more. Unleash powerful combos and embrace your creativity with every encounter.

Make your mark on a vast battlefield
Explore a dangerous open world. Fly through the desert sands, journey through cavernous ruins, and unveil the secrets that lie in the towering City of Dawn. Reassemble the Blackstream sappers, a team of crack explosives and weaponry experts, to lend their skills in the last siege against the gods.
ss_aaa687994e65456c4bf6918c48e15b83c95dff83.600x338.jpg
ss_e1b61cdcdc35b9a651af9ec580f06c36ec79ca32.600x338.jpg

ss_0c9b42965c3392beaf2d342e273a3883874d4986.600x338.jpg
ss_57bcb8728676487ed4f9a6cb56b152f45c14e8ff.600x338.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wishbonetail

Learned
Dunno anything about this game but consoles-questcompass-respawn-levelscaling-questionmarks i presume. Oh, and maybe dodgerolls.

Barbie

Novice
Open-world? Sounds terrible. When you have a limited budget that always turns out to be terrible. Even huge developers have a hard time making open world not terrible. It does remind me of greedfall which is not exactly a positive thing.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Any game with flintlock guns is a must buy for me and Ashen was very simplistic but enjoyable imho.

Ashen must have made a lot of dough for them to drop the low fidelity look. Kinda sad though, Ashen's look was really memorable.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Please tell me it isn't a genderlocked bullox or characterlocked crap.

"Join Nor Vanek, a member of the coalition army, and your companion Enki, a strange creature gifted with magical powers, in their personal vendetta against the gods."

"
MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
The developers describe the content like this:

Violence against supernatural creatures
Violence against humans"

Last edited:

KateMicucci

Arcane
I do not like the term "flintlock" because in the actual period they were usually called firelocks.

But despite Undercut Socjus holding the gun, they did a good job on the gun animation. They even have not only a flint, but a piece of leather in the cock to hold it. I've seen many historical movies where they forgot to actually put in a flint at all.

They didn't include any wad on the ball, but I suppose that it would have ruined the image of the ball flying out if there was a wad of paper in the way.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1832040/view/3112556530770520234
:mca:
Listen to "Flintlock" (feat. Monica Martin)
Hi all !

Following a lot of requests we have prepared a full version of the game's main theme, called "Flintlock" and featuring vocals by Monica Martin[www.monicamartinofficial.com].

Written and Produced by: e.hillman
Performed by: Monica Martin
Mixed by: Joe Visciano
Mastered by: Ian Sefchick

Stay tuned for more on Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn later this week as we debut a first behind-the-scenes look at the game. Keep an eye on our @PlayFlintlock social channels for all of the latest!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Take a sneak peek behind the scenes of Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn, the upcoming action-RPG from the makers of Ashen. In the latest video, join the game’s talented creators as they share a glimpse of the epic adventure that awaits.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
From today's Edge magazine
1648092241_edge-issue-370-may-2022_downmagaz_net.jpg

-Open world Action RPG/Soulslike with factions, side quest and mini-games
-Industrial revolution setting where gods unleashed the undead to prevent human technological advancement
-Nor can use Mortars, Handcannons, shotguns and rifles with a boarding axe as a tool and melee weapon
-3 skill trees Melee, Guns + explosives and magic
-The talking foxlike creature is called Enki and serves as your companion and a magic weapon

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Take a look at the making-of Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn as A44 Games pull back the curtain on what it takes to build a world worthy of the gods. Join Art Director, Robert Bruce, and Principal Environment Artist, Steven Chen, as they share details of the rich and vibrant backdrop to the upcoming action-RPG.

Unwanted

Don Salieri

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
From today's Edge magazine
1648092241_edge-issue-370-may-2022_downmagaz_net.jpg
I may not have a diploma in niggerology but ain't that, what they call it these days, cultural theft or something? Maybe they can't help themselves and have to steal wherever they go but this is embarrassing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom