Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FOnline #2: The floodgates have been opened, content unknown

WhiskeyWolf said:
Cathedral the last bastion of English speaking folk MY ASS! Went into the building and got blown away by 3 russians armed with rifles and a hammer.

Oh god, this game really hates the player with a passion.

I just heard the news that the Cathedral was taken over by Russians.

The reason that russian players are usually stronger and better armed is that they can do quests and we can't. We need someone science savvy (110%) so we can do a certain quest with promising booty.

We do have a advantage. Russians only band in small gangs, while we, the proud english speaking people, we have Unity! We are usually united, while the russians aren't - They are like Chaos Cultists, you see, they fight each other as much as they fight us.

I just heard over radio that The Unity and other english-speakers are migrating and regrouping in Gecko! Join us, and soon we will take our beloved Cathedral back!

NiM82

Prophet
Looks luzly, ingame nick = Nimeh

Hmm, just found out the hardway about the russkies at the cathedral, some cnut in Enclave armor just pwned me with a flamer :/

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Oh SHIT! I just found Sierra Base north of Reno (1 square up) and by the entrence found some major phat loot, this is what I found:

- TNT x12
- Radio x3
- SMG 10mm x1
- Desert Eagle x1 + 70 rounds
- enough 10mm AP & JHP to supply an army

I looged out near Sierra, my new nick is "Whiskey", if someone could meet up with me at Sierra, I will gladly share because there is to much hot shit to travel across the desert and I'm still level 1.

I didn't go into the Base because there where some sentry turrents there - I won't try my luck.

NiM82

Prophet
Bah, just died again, there's a shitload of russians in APA at the Den incase anyone cares :P

Edit: Is there an IRC channel for english peeps playing? The ingame radio thing is fucking annoying.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I don't even know how it works, I equiped it into the slot and set it to 555 but nothing - is there an other channel?

NiM82

Prophet
Ghoulem said:
I'd love to see some action reports from this.

Atm, I think most would read:

"Exited Bunker, went to town X, got killed by a Russian in Advanced Power Armor"

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
  • Connecting to Server
    Connection established, authentication...
Is all I get... I couldn't join the main server but got into the second one. I lol'd at the help file. "Commands for intercourse"! Silly Russians.

I can't speak to any of the characters because I don't speak Russian. Now I have no idea what I'm doing. Thankfully the old press "0" on the keypad trick still works to get out of conversations.

I died. Apparently I found the store room and walked in the wrong spot. :(

You seem to have to do a lot of waiting after combat?

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
NiM82 said:
Ghoulem said:

"Exited Bunker, went to town X, got killed by a Russian in Advanced Power Armor"
Pretty much.

The desert is the safest place to be - when you are careful. The rest of the place is Russian bullet butt-rape, this game seriously needs some safe-spots where you can't get killed or robed.

Texas Red

Whiner
NiM82 said:
Ghoulem said:

Who are the untermensches now? :P

If i`d describe the recapturing of the cathedral to you, you would think im a fucken Larper. Don`t ask, we recaptured it. That`s it. Took a bunch of english dudes, went in, killed the russians and received the supplys. That`s it, really. But the history will tell something different. It`ll make us heros!

@DU: Mainserver was down, usually not longer than 10-20 minutes or shorter. I`d suggest you to go north of Modoc, there`s the cathedral. It`s frustrating and slow, so get yourself another hobby while playing.

Radio: Channel 2 for english guys and another sekrit channel(for unity)

I`m not gonna remake my character, but i suggest beginners to tag those skills:
Small guns, Steal (mandatory, full HP recommended), Barter
Special: Max Strength(unarmed needs to be relative high!), High Int(for levelup), Luck1, Charisma1(can`t lead group), Max Agilty, Perception 1(not sure about this one, but it works for me)

One more advice: Only log off on the worldmap.
Before i forget it, to avoid the turret (see my guide) only click once on the other side, don`t chicken walk.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Somehow I can't log on right now, I hope I didn't get the same disease as DU.

EDIT: At least I'm not the only one. Damn, I want to trade my awesome loot for some armour.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I can't fucking believe this shit!

I lost my whole fucking loot to some stinking dog! God why?!?

I wouldn't recommend going to Sierra Base, it has been taken by a bunch of Russians in Adv. Power Armour.

I know the pain, WhiskeyWolf, I know the pain. Lost my beloved loot and Tesla Armor I got in Navarro because I decided that, after kiling a bunch of deathclaws (weak ones, though) with my bare hands, fighting a wannamingo was possible.

Yeah, Sierra is ocupied by russians armed to the teeth.

Man, I just killed a Robber with a cunt-punch (YES, Cunt-Punch) followed by a eye punch.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I finally met SC and the rest of the gang. Went to raid Modoc - it was awesome, for some strange reason the Russians especially hate ME - it's a mutual feeling :twisted:

entertainer

Arbiter
Group photo: :cool:

screenshot0001hg1.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
How do you get weapons and fat loot? Do you have to do the quests to get them or is it just about punching stuff until you hope you punch something to death which has awesome stuff on it?

EDIT: Well that was fun. Met up with some people, got a weapon and I was following whomever it was on the World Map with the follow thing and they disappeared. So I wandered around myself for a while kicking ass. Only to be shot by three robbers and lose all my stuff. :(

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Come to Cath, I will tell you everything you should know.

EDIT: Go to Cath.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom