Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Front Mission 2nd Remake - April 30th for PC/PS5/Xbox

spekkio

Arcane
AFAIR Switch version had some serious problems, so don't get your hopes up. It's newshit Square + cheapass Polish (?) porting studios after all.

REhorror

Educated
AFAIR Switch version had some serious problems, so don't get your hopes up. It's newshit Square + cheapass Polish (?) porting studios after all.
I hear FM1 remake on Switch was also buggy but most of the bugs are fixed on PC version.

Let's hope the same here.

TwoEdge

Scholar
It's not only a matter of bugs, though. It seems the translation was completely borked, and the quality level comparable to machine translation.

REhorror

Educated
It's not only a matter of bugs, though. It seems the translation was completely borked, and the quality level comparable to machine translation.
Fine with that, as long they don't put in tranny shit.

Machocruz

Arcane
Unlike Front Mission 1 remake, the 3D assets are acceptable compared to the Playstation original.

Silva

Arcane
My body is ready.

D364527B5BD90717DAF4F7C84D994388B7AB2FBE

KeAShizuku

Novice
Pretty insane a SNES game had such an intricate story. Loved the first remake. I dont think FM2 was ever released in the West?

TwoEdge

Scholar
I played the demo for a bit and can confidently say I'm not playing this. As stated before, dialogue is unnatural and filled with typos, it feels sluggish, with micro stutters and loading delays when starting every combat, and it's capped at 30 fps for some reason. Wanzers feel more like toys made out of shoeboxes than towering armored robots, shadows are flat, there's no weight to the gameplay, no punch to the combat, and I could go on. In short, it's a poor and amateurish rendition of a great classic at best and I do not know who Square was targeting with this. I now dread the remake of part 3, which is the one I was earnestly hoping for, but now that hope is all gone. I agree with Jinn that it's way better to play the menu translation of the Playstation version with the accompanying transcript than touch this. Buyer beware.

Edit: The 30fps lock is a bug that forces half refresh rate when you turn on VSync. Devs said the bug should already be fixed, but it's not. My point still stands.

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated
I dunno guys, I think the combat animation is done pretty swell, sure, the camera has some issues but it's that bad.

REhorror

Educated
They just push a new patch for the demo, anyone sees if they got improved performance?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom