Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of the year 2011: RPGCodex Top 3

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RPGs? Duh. Who cares about them? The genre is barely alive anyway. We all know Jaesun is running the Top 10 RPGs of 2011 poll in General RPG Discussion, and it's all cool, but it has some restrictions, like being all about RPGs in the first place, and on PC to boot. Let's rather see what 2011 games the Codex have enjoyed regardless of the genre and/or the platform.

Vote for up to 3 games released in 2011 on any platform. The idea is to decide on one Codex GOTY and two runner-ups.

THE RULES:

DO NOT PUT NUMBERS BEFORE THE NAME OF A GAME. IF YOU DO I WILL NOT COUNT YOUR VOTE. PERIOD. Just list 3 or fewer games. What ever you want in any order you want. Order does not matter.

USE THE EDIT BUTTON IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE. If you have multiple posts with games, I will not count any of your votes.

ANY PLATFORM IS OKAY. REMAKES COUNT. "GOLD"/"GOTY" EDITIONS COUNT. MMOs COUNT. ANYTHING THAT IS A VIDEO GAME PUBLISHED IN 2011 COUNTS.

IF A GAME WAS RELEASED IN ONE COUNTRY AND THEN IN THE US WITHIN THE YEARS STATED ABOVE YOU CAN LIST THEM AS YOUR VOTE. For Example Drakensang: The River of time was internationally released on in 2011.

IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE GUIDELINES ALL OF THE GAMES YOU VOTE FOR WILL BE IGNORED.

I will be collecting your votes until January 15th, 2012 when this poll will close. I will then tally the results in a different topic.

Yeah, I stole Jaesun's rules for this voting to be similar to the one in GRPGD.

My own list:
Chantelise
Dark Souls
E.Y.E.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There's the edit button for that; if a game you enjoy comes out in December, you can always edit it in. Too complex, I know.

But whatever, if there isn't enough interest in a poll like this, this thread will just die or be retardo'ed.

Cheers.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
(up to) top 10 lists feel pretty pointless these days where you have 1-3 truly "...of the year" contenders at most. arent ppl simply listing any game they remotely enjoyed ? i could probably piece 10 together of that but then it d include stuff like space marine or DOW2: Retribution which i merely like because they are 40k and not particullary good games.

just saying, i d recommend something like (RP)GOTY / Runner Up and leave it at that. maybe TOP3 at most.

anywhay, in case you keep to the top 10 here s mine

Dark Souls

edit: another 2:

Lego Star Wars III
Little Big Planet 2

no, i m not kidding, these are family/kids games but as that they are truly great whereas everything else other than Dark Souls released in 2011 was at best good , most of the time merely mediocre though.

Peter

Arcane
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Frozen Synapse

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
psychonauts (2011 mac os x rel :D)
deus ex: human revolution
spacechem

I think I have played exactly one game that has been released this year, nothing new simple appeals to me so here it goes my complete top list.

Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Since the English translation/western release was this month I guess that counts as a 2011 game under those rules.

made

Arcane
Oh hell yeah

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - GOTY all years, all categories

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Dark Souls
[space reserved]

I'm waiting on Arkham City's PC port before I settle on a third.

Lgrayman

Novice
Portal 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic

SWTOR hasn't been released yet but, having played the beta I know it will be in my top 3. Was quite silly to post this in November. Yes people can edit their posts but will they really be bothered to do so in a months time?

Crooked Bee

Patron
Enlighten us, then, Skyway. What are the good 2011 games in your opinion? Seriously, why do you care if other people have shitty taste? Just vote for the games you consider better and incline the thread.

Lgrayman said:
Was quite silly to post this in November. Yes people can edit their posts but will they really be bothered to do so in a months time?

Just following in Jaesun's footsteps here. I'm a bit too late, though, should've posted it in October, but oh well. And if you don't feel like voting now, don't. I'll bump this at the end of December for people to vote or edit their votes anyway.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Keep your shit out of here Skyway. If you have a legitimate concern then post it (or send Ms. Bee a PM). Otherwise shut the fuck up.

So give us your top 3 games Skyway, so we can be enlightened.

:Buddha:

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gray Matter. :thumbsup:

Will edit in other 2 once i have time to get a good look at some of the other stuff released this year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom