Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of the year 2011: RPGCodex Top 3

Gregz

Arcane
the kind of people who enjoy Dark Souls are made of rather frayed moral fibre, and thus are more likely to spam with their alts.

Where does this (stupid and unjust) sentiment come from?

You can't argue with science.

Jasede is right, Felipepepe raves about it and he is a bro's bro. I too experience butthurt seeing a console title taking 1st however.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Or maybe because there was no poll and this thread was only resurrected recently. I doubt that even the site voting Dragon Age as RPG of 2009 would stoop so low as to effect this result. Not to mention that the kind of people who enjoy Dark Souls are made of rather frayed moral fibre, and thus are more likely to spam with their alts.
I trust your authority on the Codex to be able to create such thread for us, post next-gen-codex upgrade and with poll. Without shitty platform rules, and lenient interpretation of the meaning of cRPG (if marketed as one, count it in). Make it so!

Cassidy

Arcane
The only East Asian developer that made great true CRPGs and also great strategy games is KOEI. And most of their classic games were designed first and foremost for the PCs of their time and ported to the consoles later. Of course right now they declined together with the rest.

Obsidian or From Software, which has the most vocal fanboys and why?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO LOLLOLOL LOOK AT THE PCTARDS CRY LOLLOLOL

BROS CHECK OUYT THE GAMESPOT SYSTEM WARS FORMAT PCTARDS FIT RIGHT IN THERE LOLOOLOOL

BROS YOU CAN BE A PC GAMER AND NOT BE A PCTARD YOU JUST HAVE TO FLEX YOUR BRIAN

Humanophage

Arcane
I haven't played any 2011 games apart from Avadon. Are Deus Ex and Skyrim regarded as better games? Avadon was relatively low by Spiderweb standards, but still quite decent.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Difficult. There was plenty that was good enough but very little that was actually fantastic. Plus, I've actually played only a few new games really extensively enough to make any sort of judgement. Oh well, of the stuff from 2011 that I did play I liked the following the best:

The Witcher 2 - C&C, story, graphics, gameplay, gameworld are all great. Loved this.
Battlefield 3 MP - While the SP is the epitome of decline the MP turns all that around into an amazingly great game that keeps on throwing 'WTF did you just see that' moments at me at every turn.
Gemini Rue - Best adventure in, well, a long time.

Shogun 2 was fun but it's obvious the CA of today is not the same that made Shogun, MTW and RTW. Deus Ex: HR is a fun game but lacks the impact, freshness and openness that made the original. Red Orchestra 2 is nice but is not as good as its predecessor and has by now turned into a pixel hunting sniper game. Achtung Panzer: Operation Star is an amazing game that almost makes my top three if it was not for a slight lack of polish. Dirt 3 is a great racer and would have made my top 3 if I was more into racers in general. Skyrim was a much better hiking sim than anticipated but turned out to be as soulless as all the recent other Elder Scroll games.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLOL DESPITE BEING A TOTAL BRO I HAVE BEEN INTO MOSTLY PC SHIT THIS YEAR THANKS TO BROS HERE TURNING ME ON TO OLDER AND INDIE SHIT I HAVE MISSED

REALLY THOUGH DARK SOULS MEASURES UP IN TERMS OF QUALITY IT NAILED SO MANY THINGS RIGHT AND BEFORE THAT I DIDNT KNOW FROM SOFTWARE FROM DICK

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom