Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of the year 2011: RPGCodex Top 3

Zlaja

Arcane
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Witcher 2

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
funny, that's exactly what people say about the kwa elections.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
that's a kwa thing or are they the only ones to realize that?

Skyrim
FNV: Old World Blues
League of Legends (?)

Saw someone put LoL in, although it was released a couple years back. Just in case it gets counted anyway. First two choices because I didn't have time to play much else released this year, and those 2 are decent enough to play and enjoy.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh, that's tough. =/

Crimzon Clover
Red Katana

Skyrim, but probably Dark Souls. I haven't played it yet. Come to think of it, I haven't played Skyward Sword yet either, or Anno 2070, and they could be strong contenders.

By the way, the new Kirby game is not very good. And not because it's bad, but simply because it does everything the same way all Kirby games did. Not one new thing in it. If you never played Kirby before that'd be a wonderful game to play with your nephews.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
villain of the story said:
Gray Matter is a 2010 release FFS.

Not quite.

Wikipedia said:
It was released on November 2010 in Continental Europe and in English-speaking territories in 2011.

Its international release was in 2011, so it's okay to vote for it.

anus_pounder said:
Assuming DLCs don't count

They do.

I'm not sure about League of Legends. Why are people voting for it as a 2011 title? Has there been major new content added or something?

MCA
Crooked Bee said:
villain of the story said:
Gray Matter is a 2010 release FFS.

Not quite.

Wikipedia said:
It was released on November 2010 in Continental Europe and in English-speaking territories in 2011.

Its international release was in 2011, so it's okay to vote for it.

Oh... Fucking multi-timezone releases! :x

But then I have to question all of your taste. Gray Matter went shit fast.

Derpy

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Portal 2
Alice: Madness Returns

bussinrounds

Augur
Lonerville said:
Dark Souls
Crimzon Clover
Circle of Eight Modpack 6.1.0 NC
If i have 6.0 installed and haven't started playing yet, can i install 6.1.0 NC right over it ? Or do i have to uninstall 6.0 first ?

Mortmal

Arcane
Crimzon clover ? what is that never read a thread about it?
watching you tube video... :o :o :o
Good thread i hope to make more discoveries like that

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
@bussinrounds, you're using the front end, yes? That allows you to use any patch you want, just activate it.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
These were the only 2011 games which I actually played:

Panzer Corps
Kerbal Space Program
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why, hello thread. :)

So what exactly won this prestigious poll? I seem to have missed the RPG results as well...

Not enough people cared, not enough people voted. Something like that. Also, yes, I forgot about this thread.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
bee probably forgot about it. thats good because i can still vote:
dragon age 2
dragon age 2
dragon age 2

the witcher 2
deus ex human revolution
alice: madness returns

Anyone who voted Skyrim is un-broed by me and should be shot in the groin.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Crimzon Clover
Frozen Synapse
Skyrim (the only other 2011 game I played - still, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, fuck you Konjad)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom