Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Gamebanshee Game of the Year 2012 Awards: Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel Edition

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
BTW, the irony between the Codex getting on GameBanshee for its decline while one of the advertisements for the Codex is for a Call of Duty commercial.
lol @ seeing ads

SearchEngine

Learned
For the record, the reason I had ad-block off for a few minutes was because there were two items I want to allow on my computer but it wouldn't let me. I forgot to turn it back on when I went to the codex.

Modron

Arcane
Well, we're finally reached the bottom. Next year, bros, next year will be glorious
I vaguely remember hearing a similar sentiment about last year.

Care to clarify about what people were optimistically looking forward to about the new year in 2011? I mean besides Crusader Kings 2, I cannot think of many games that people were looking forward to back then. I always thought the feel of this year was that we just had to wait it out so we could have nice things again via Kickstarter.

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
And here are the rest of the winners:

Best Character System: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Dragon's Dogma​
Best Story/Writing: Inquisitor, Guild Wars 2​
Best Graphics: Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3​
Best Sound/Music: Mass Effect 3, Darksiders II​
Best Expansion/DLC: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark​
Most Anticipated of 2013: Wasteland 2​
Independent RPG of the Year: Legend of Grimrock, Drox Operative​
RPG Hybrid of the Year: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Dishonored

Now with that out of the way, let's see our picks:

RPG of the Year: Legend of Grimrock
Indie RPG of the Year: Legend of Grimrock
RPG Hybrid of the Year: XCOM Enemy Unknown
Best graphics: Darksiders II
Best sound/music: Mass Effect 3
Best expansion/DLC: D&D Online: Menace of the Underdark
Best story/writing: Inquisitor
Best character system: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

For fuck's sake...

Now that they've been paraded around with their glorious medals, time to march them victoriously back onto the shortbus and who-gives-a-fuck-where-might-as-well-be-off-a-pier.

Somewhere beyond 'good for what it is' surely.

SearchEngine

Learned
Yeah and we all know how people around here like to suck on that CoD cock.

Or doesn't care that their own website known for criticizing decline is advertising the big proponents of decline or even making profits off of those ads.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
We don't profit much from ads nobody clicks on, very few pay just for showing. And since the people who block all ads and those who don't click on any constitute the majority here...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
mrbeanbored.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom