Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameBanshee twaps ToEE

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I agree with this guy's review. Very much.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
bryce777 said:
As far as the crashes go, it is simply that some people move the mouse around wildly and have a crappier system. That exaccerbates the bug of slowdowns for them. The only place I noticed it was in the fire and earth nodes, and it was really not a big deal.
Are you kidding? ToEE chugged like a bitch in the nodes. Half the potions didn't work either or crashed the game (try the potion of "giant size" or whatever). The scrolling speed bug was warped too. The fact that Troika didn't notice that when the scroll speed is set to the maximum, the scroll slows down to a crawl, is just poor form.

I give it 3,732,984-E¹%

bryce777

Erudite
DarkUnderlord said:
bryce777 said:
As far as the crashes go, it is simply that some people move the mouse around wildly and have a crappier system. That exaccerbates the bug of slowdowns for them. The only place I noticed it was in the fire and earth nodes, and it was really not a big deal.
Are you kidding? ToEE chugged like a bitch in the nodes. Half the potions didn't work either or crashed the game (try the potion of "giant size" or whatever). The scrolling speed bug was warped too. The fact that Troika didn't notice that when the scroll speed is set to the maximum, the scroll slows down to a crawl, is just poor form.

I give it 3,732,984-E¹%

There are only 3-4 rooms in each of the nodes. The fire and earth ones were the only ones that had a real problem, but you only spend like 10 minutes there anyway, so who cares?

All the bugs you site were patched, though rather belatedly.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
ToEE is the only D&D CRPG I beat three times. Most of them don't even get finished - which includes Planescape: Torment. I had heaps and heaps of fun with PS:T until that maze crap and how combat heavy it got near the end.

Given all the stuff you could do in ToEE's combat, I'm not sure I'd be satisfied with another D&D CRPG that didn't allow me to command undead, trip monsters, and so forth.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Saint_Proverbius said:
ToEE is the only D&D CRPG I beat three times. Most of them don't even get finished - which includes Planescape: Torment. I had heaps and heaps of fun with PS:T until that maze crap and how combat heavy it got near the end.
Sure, you go ahead and you ruin my Planescape experience. Just because I haven't gotten to the end yet.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
I had heaps and heaps of fun with PS:T until that maze crap and how combat heavy it got near the end.

DarkUnderlord said:
Sure, you go ahead and you ruin my Planescape experience. Just because I haven't gotten to the end yet.

Think Fallout 2 Electric Floor Maze x 10 (the music is awesome though.) By the way, Deionarra is a man. In The Nameless One's countless forgotten lives, he was homo in roughly 95% of them.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
I haven't played PS:T (or any other game) for about a month. I was trying to find Nordom in the Modron maze, but everything is a dead end except the room that goes to Rubikon, and I'm not tough enough to beat him. I skipped the medium difficulty, so I suppose I'll to go through that, and then the hard one ALL OVER AGAIN. Grr.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The mazes are completely optional and I remember not having to fight too often during the whole game. When problems arised, I usually just let Anna sneak past the baddies or ran like hell with the whole party or used some of Fall-from-Grace's more powerful spells.
A game that got really combat heavy near the end was Bloodlines. PS:T's near-endgame encounters are nothing like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom