Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

CaptainTowel

Novice
This is super informative, thank you for sharing! :)

From what I've seen on the Japanese wiki, there's also some stuff you can do with looping in the second Helman suppression mission (Kesselring) +/or High Level God Willis

Requiem Zero

Literate
Guys, bringing up old question, sorry, but I cant get a traitor for some reason in Free city campaign 1 going for Lei. I did it only once in the past - where I succesfully passed to recruit him in that campaign, and do not remember which options I had chosen. As I remember, Crane shows up if I am talking to a traitor, and she does twice in the second row, and once in the first row. After procceeding with campaign, I only get "failed" ending, where I am not going to face Lei. So I am asking - in which order should I go with those nine?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Guys, bringing up old question, sorry, but I cant get a traitor for some reason in Free city campaign 1 going for Lei. I did it only once in the past - where I succesfully passed to recruit him in that campaign, and do not remember which options I had chosen. As I remember, Crane shows up if I am talking to a traitor, and she does twice in the second row, and once in the first row. After procceeding with campaign, I only get "failed" ending, where I am not going to face Lei. So I am asking - in which order should I go with those nine?
This is on the first page, but choose to talk to the mayor of Diptheria, he's the traitor -
latest

And then when you get to the end of the interviews (before the battle begins) choose the red option and Kanami will watch him when he makes his move to betray the Free Cities.

Requiem Zero

Literate
This is on the first page, but choose to talk to the mayor of Diptheria, he's the traitor -

And then when you get to the end of the interviews (before the battle begins) choose the red option and Kanami will watch him when he makes his move to betray the Free Cities.

Thanks. It wasnt mentioned specifically on the 1st page though, so I was living in confusion.

CaptainTowel

Novice
Yep, it's the admiral looking guy! Whoever you choose for the next two choices doesn't matter at all. As long as you pick him, you should be fine. The only other way you can loose is if you step on the wrong tile after the choices. One of them (the furthest left, red option, I believe) is "I've found the traitor" which makes Kanami track the people you talked to. The next option (green, I think) is "I want to try again and pick other people" which sends you back to the start of the traitor section. And the last one is "there is no traitor" If you pick the third option, you lose no matter what

Requiem Zero

Literate
Yep, it's the admiral looking guy! Whoever you choose for the next two choices doesn't matter at all. As long as you pick him, you should be fine. The only other way you can loose is if you step on the wrong tile after the choices. One of them (the furthest left, red option, I believe) is "I've found the traitor" which makes Kanami track the people you talked to. The next option (green, I think) is "I want to try again and pick other people" which sends you back to the start of the traitor section. And the last one is "there is no traitor" If you pick the third option, you lose no matter what

Thanks, but I remembered that part, ie that I should step on red. The fun part is that whole time I was believing that traitor is one of the guys in the second row, and this admiral guy is complaining to me that since I havent found traitor, those two - woman from brothel and short guy from Helman made us fall into trap or something.

Requiem Zero

Literate
Here's something weird. Dont really know how that happened, but I had Arios killing Rance (the scene on 30% casualities) on T9 when I had 11%.

Framepler

Literate
Hi,

I've got all the CP+1 except the last 3 A routes & the first B route but even if I'm trying to do route A again & again, I can't unlock them...

bc24FL2

Mind helping me please? (it's even harder as I don't read Japanese lol but I love the game!)

Cheers,

Framepler

Jason Liang

Arcane
The A ending you have is "From the Sea." I don't know if you just want hints or a step by step walkthrough for the other endings, but I will assume you just want hints, since you can look up step by step solutions on the alicesoft wiki's Rance X page.

- for "Through the Air", choosing a plan that becomes available once you have access to a certain flying thing will put you on the path to it. This is almost exactly like "Through the Sea"
- for "Breakthrough" complete the mission to rescue Hornet and recruit her but do not rescue K-k-kamilla and this plan will open on turn 10.
- for "By land" you must completely liberate all 4 regions by end of turn 12 and have at least 1,000,000 troops left.

For the B ending, you have to fight and defeat Kayblis after he's become the Demon King.

Last edited:

Framepler

Literate
Wow thanks for the hints!

I supposed it was because I was doing by the sea again & again that the issue was coming from (poor Sill being murdered so many times lol).

I'll try by the air now, thanks!

By land seems really hard omg, still many hours to play :D

Jason Liang

Arcane

I supposed it was because I was doing by the sea again & again that the issue was coming from (poor Sill being murdered so many times lol).

I hope you are at least using machine translation! Good luck!

Framepler

Literate

I hope you are at least using machine translation! Good luck!

Nope lol, just using the walkthrough here https://alicesoft.fandom.com/wiki/Rance_X:Walkthrough and other pages of thius fanbase and many pages here to help too which are great!

I tried back in the time to make ASTH & other things to translate but it worked rarely and was a pain to install.

Are there new "easy" solutions out there to help with the translation? (that would be nice to understand better & enjoy the story even more of course :))

Framepler

Literate
Btw, I'm on the Route A sky ending, I followed those:

You can't get the quests for the "sky" ending until you've completed "Sea" or "Land" ending.

1. After you get Patton's Toushin Toshi on turn 8, you'll see a Prep phase mission with Cantel (Hanty's White Dragon). You must do this mission on turn 11 at the latest.

2. You'll then get a short Operations phase mission (with "2" in the title) where you can fight either Tropos or Anise. You must choose to fight Tropos, not Anise.

3. Then you'll get a prep phase mission on turn 12 to use Toushin Toshi to move Rance Castle into the Monster Realm. If you do all the Sky route prep and operation phase quests, you'll reach Kaybliss' Castle on turn 14.

4. This quest is almost identical to the 2nd part of "Sea" route with only a few differences (you don't get a recovery after fighting Stragonoff in "Sky" route, for example).

5. Like "Sea" route, H Shariela in Shangri-la and getting her card will help you a lot against Kaybliss.

6. Again, this route occupies turns 11, 12, 13 and 14 almost entirely, so you must have everything else you want done by end of turn 10. If you are going back to a previous save and need to do a side-quest like the Poppins Tunnel, you must go back to an end of turn 9/ start of turn 10 save.

• [*]Need to have already cleared another Ending A in your global save to unlock the preparation mission! i.e. it's impossible for you to get this ending the first time.
    [*]Preparation mission (浮遊するだけのランス城) "Rance Castle just floating" required
    [*]Two Disasters (2つの厄災) operation quest, pick Toppos route and follow the game
    [*]Start the Preparation mission ランス城、進軍開始. Need to start it no later than Turn 11 or Kayblis will kill Miki on Turn 14 and become Demon King.
    [*]Since the preparation will take a few turns, pay attention that another ending doesn't get triggered in the meanwhile before you reach Kayblis.
    [*]Choose the "Mountain" choice in Operational Stage as the last mission.
I did everything till turn 11 (I moved the castle - ランス城、進軍開始- on turn 11).

Then I didn't know exactly what to do so I just freed the cities one by one but in the end, I ended up at the Turn 15 fighting the monster with 3 girls which was impossible to beat for me... :(

Any help where I messed up please?

Framepler

Literate
I found out that there are some kind of series of quests with incrementing numbers which I followed from turn 11. However, when I choose number 4, it ends up in a game over.

Wouldn't mind some help on this please.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Once you get to Kayblis' castle, you have to attack it.

If your goal is to get to Part Two, you actually don't need to do the other endings.

Framepler

Literate
I just want to do all the endings before doing part 2 :)

I finally succeeded doing Sky and doing breakthrough right now, thanks!

It's weird concerning VNR cause it works perfectly with Rance quest magnum but not with Rance X... (I don't even see the "menu" tab when game is launched)

CaptainTowel

Novice
I primarily used VNR to play as well (it was a bit finicky, and the best way to make it work seemed to be starting a new game and clicking through the first few lines of exposition until it started translating them, then loading the current save), but if you can't get it to work, liberal use of the Japanese Wiki w/ Google Translate (https://rance10.wicurio.com) and Capture2Text might also be a big help!

Framepler

Literate
Thanks Captain, this is actually how I made it work after many many tries. Starting a new game made the translation launching and working... Thanks :)

CaptainTowel

Novice
how do you get shariela? I completed the shangrila quest but i never got her

You get one version of her by choosing to H her in the Shangri-La quest, then losing the fight with Kayblis in the final map of the 'From the Sea' or 'From the Sky' route. Shariela joins your team to help you fight him a second time. That version of her is super OP, and can't drop in the normal game, to the best of my knowledge.

I believe there's also a less OP version that gets added to the card pool after you've gotten the OP version, though I think she only drops from chests when you have the "all cards available" CP start of game bonus on

shinobuliker

Literate
how do you get shariela? I completed the shangrila quest but i never got her

You get one version of her by choosing to H her in the Shangri-La quest, then losing the fight with Kayblis in the final map of the 'From the Sea' or 'From the Sky' route. Shariela joins your team to help you fight him a second time. That version of her is super OP, and can't drop in the normal game, to the best of my knowledge.

I believe there's also a less OP version that gets added to the card pool after you've gotten the OP version, though I think she only drops from chests when you have the "all cards available" CP start of game bonus on

Yea thanks! I just beat From The Sea route yesterday and she did join much later on as you said. Going to go for sky now but i wonder if its alright to try hard mode now. i do have like 5 CP+ bonuses but maybe that aint enough lmao

CaptainTowel

Novice
I'd say go for it with hard mode! It's not as bad as it seems! You get two cards from each chest, so with both of the +5 starting level CP bonuses, you gather power really quickly. Plus, you can hit the 200 + 400 card thresholds much easier for those big power boosts. I would suggest taking the "all cards available" one as well, so you have less risk of running into repeats of cards you already have. So with just 3CP, hard mode should be relatively comfortable.

I found it to be a lot more fun as well :P I basically never went back to normal difficulty once I started on it.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I did Land victory on hard at 4-5 cp iirc and it was a good satisfying challenge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom