Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

shinobuliker

Literate
How do you get female kesselring? i beat him at night just as the wiki said and finished the route but when i start up a new game none of the maids ever dropped. did i do something wrong?

shinobuliker

Literate
never mind i fixed it by beating him and completing the route again. I think its because zeth fell at the last phase before fighting kayblis

Framepler

Literate
Hi everyone,

I advanced quite nicely in the game.

Finished all A games except the last one. Also missing the 1st B route (no idea how to get it but shouldn't be too hard I guess).

This time, I tried to free all cities and successfully did it on turn 15.

On top of that I saved Hornet, got Wenlina, I went to Soul Administration through Poppins Tunnel, didn't get the black seashells with Crook and didn't H Wenlina.

However, I ended fighting the impossible monster with 3 gals on it (never was able to defeat it no matter what).

Could you tell me what I did wrong here?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Hi everyone,

I advanced quite nicely in the game.

Finished all A games except the last one. Also missing the 1st B route (no idea how to get it but shouldn't be too hard I guess).

This time, I tried to free all cities and successfully did it on turn 15.

On top of that I saved Hornet, got Wenlina, I went to Soul Administration through Poppins Tunnel, didn't get the black seashells with Crook and didn't H Wenlina.

However, I ended fighting the impossible monster with 3 gals on it (never was able to defeat it no matter what).

Could you tell me what I did wrong here?

For land invasion you need to liberate every country by end of turn 13, spend turn 14 to raise troops back to a million.

Framepler

Literate
Oh ok, I thought I was on "True" route but I was on Land Invasion instead, it makes sense now I read it.

I killed T2 2 bosses Helman & T3 2 bosses Zeth but couldn't do it too on T4 with another country (and only killed twin angels instead, forgot their name)

However, Zeth & Helman didn't liberate by themselves because I didn't reinforce in Prep, am I right or did I miss something else? (this is where I messed up it seems)

Thanks Jason :)

Jason Liang

Arcane
Something like that, unfortunately. It takes a long time for countries to self liberate, and make sure you do shangri-la asap.

shinobuliker

Literate
how can i fight demon king miki? ive seen some videos posted on yt but im not sure how to trigger it

Framepler

Literate
Hi,

I got the mission to do the Great Invasion of the Monster World.

I do it on turn 14.

However, I end up fighting the unkillable monster at the end of the map... :(

What did I miss?

I have all 4 countries liberated (I liberated 2 of them and 2 of them self liberated)

I have only 17% dead.

Some help here would be amazing.

Thanks!

Framepler

Literate
I think I see where (on top of the map) but I'm not sure how to read it honestly...

Choi

Literate
Goodness, I can't believe this forum is still active! Such a blessing!

I already finish Rance X back in 2018 but decided to play again for the nostalgia. I found 4 new patches (with 1.04 being the latest), is it safe to patch my game with these, save-file wise?

Choi

Literate
Hmmm... maybe I'll back up my game and create a copy to experiment

Framepler

Literate
That's a good question but where can I check this Jason please?
The map screen.

I double checked and I was at 480K only...

I ran a new game again and was even able to double kill boss for each country which was a first for me but in the end, I finished T14 at 550K only (killed Warg on T9 only though)...

What are the missions to gain troops? (I checked and I'm at 1M120K at T11 for example)

Choi

Literate
That's a good question but where can I check this Jason please?
The map screen.

I double checked and I was at 480K only...

I ran a new game again and was even able to double kill boss for each country which was a first for me but in the end, I finished T14 at 550K only (killed Warg on T9 only though)...

What are the missions to gain troops? (I checked and I'm at 1M120K at T11 for example)

1. In early turn (2 or 3), there's a mission in base phase to reduce casualty, NG+ only (mission with Hanny King in it)
2. Shangri-la mission asap
3. There should be a mission to increase troops for each country (iirc, there's a turn limit to liberate all country to give you a chance to do this mission)

I'm trying to help but sorry if my memory is blurry

Jason Liang

Arcane
There is the Prep phase mission to add 140k troops, and the Base phase mission to add 200k (requires set numbers of characters among Sill, Crook, Café, Sheila, Terra, Maris & Mi Lordring). Otherwise you should just pay attention to the arrows at the start of each turn. Support countries after clearing out the Darklords to keep the advantage.

Framepler

Literate
Thanks for the answers.

What is NG+? I remember doing a mission with Hanny King indeed and I couldn't get the card though (even if I have the 3 colored hannies & many more monster cards)

I was wondering, there are usually 2 missions on prep phase for each country. Can you tell me the difference between each two please? (I believe they both provide swords to reduce casualities but that's all I know)

Concerning Shangri LA I always do it but usually on T7 cause I do the 4th country on T5 when it appears and need to do Miki T6. Should I do Shangri LA T5 instead and double kill boss on T7?

I'm sory but didn't understand this one at all :p : "Otherwise you should just pay attention to the arrows at the start of each turn."

Choi

Literate
Thanks for the answers.

What is NG+? I remember doing a mission with Hanny King indeed and I couldn't get the card though (even if I have the 3 colored hannies & many more monster cards)

I was wondering, there are usually 2 missions on prep phase for each country. Can you tell me the difference between each two please? (I believe they both provide swords to reduce casualities but that's all I know)

Concerning Shangri LA I always do it but usually on T7 cause I do the 4th country on T5 when it appears and need to do Miki T6. Should I do Shangri LA T5 instead and double kill boss on T7?

I'm sory but didn't understand this one at all :p : "Otherwise you should just pay attention to the arrows at the start of each turn."

1. NG+ = New Game +, starting a new game again after reaching one ending
2. It's not a mission to get a hanny king card (or any card, even). It's a mission to reduce casualty on this run
3. Really? As far as I can remember, in prep phase there are only 1 mission for each country (except Helman and Leazas, the mission to find Seracholas and Wenlina). If what you mean is the main phase, there will be 2 mission for each country (the main mission, and the leftover-from-prep-phase mission). About how to differentiate, look at the mission's description (the main mission will have a black star amidst the Japanese letter)
4. About when to conquer Shangri-la, now that's a discussion topic. I don't know the difference in impact yet, maybe you can experiment
5. What Jason means by arrow is the situation, blue-red meter in each country.
a. Red >>>>> >> Blue , country at disadvantage
b. Red >>>>>>> , country is defeated
c. Red | | | | | | Blue, neutral
d. Red << <<<<< Blue, country at advantage
e. <<<<<<< Blue, country liberated

Framepler

Literate
Thanks for the explanation Choi :)

I'm already in NG+ for quite some time now :) (only missing one A & one B finishings)

I see for the arrows, yeah I check them more or less as long as I have more troops than the ennemy.

Framepler

Literate
Wtf, I checked and I lose 800K on T9 (killing Warg) & also 800K on T10 (when freeing a country)... no wonder I can't stay with more than 1M troops.

Omg this games drives me crazy :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom