Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Mechanically the only way you can fight Kesselring on T3 is if you double suppress (defeat both Babolat and Kesselring on the same turn), since iirc you cannot start part 2 national campaigns until T5.
I'm pretty sure you're allowed to go for part 2 campaigns whenever, it's just part 3 that is blocked until turn 8+. At least I've never noticed being blocked on part 2.

copandondotto

Barely Literate
Are you planning on double suppressing early? Mechanically the only way you can fight Kesselring on T3 is if you double suppress (defeat both Babolat and Kesselring on the same turn), since iirc you cannot start part 2 national campaigns until T5.

I also advise against delaying Shangri-la so late and highly recommend doing it asap (T5).

Yeah I'm not sure you can save everyone since the best way to save Cordoba is to delay doing Leazas until after T8, but I can't confirm if you can get the Hornet mission without doing Leazas 1 (wiki suggests you must do Leazas 1 while I remember vaguely that there is a Satella event you can take to get the mission instead).

The wiki also suggests that you can save FC by putting Swords on FC on turns 5-7. I can't confirm this either but if so that is likely the only way to try and save everyone.

Assuming the FC trick/ glitch works:

T2 Babolat + Kesselring
T3 Galtia + Medusa (you should do Galtia T2 instead if you want to win the eating contest)
T4 Miki
T5 Shangri-la
T6 La Hawzel + Lexington
Thank you so much for your reply!
I think I'm going to pass on double suppressing Kesselring and Babolat as I have gotten quite alot of good cards so I'm hesitant on restarting. Not really sure how the treasure RNG works.

If I was to go for both Medusa and Galtia in T3, is it advisable on hard difficulty? I do have Ruberan, mob Kalar, Kouhime and Kimchi to help but everyone is still pretty low on rank and levels and I don't have Wenlina for the HP boost if things go south. Either way I'm not sure if I am able to beat the eating contest as besides Kenshin, I don't think I have anyone else available.

Thanks again.

copandondotto

Barely Literate
Mechanically the only way you can fight Kesselring on T3 is if you double suppress (defeat both Babolat and Kesselring on the same turn), since iirc you cannot start part 2 national campaigns until T5.
I'm pretty sure you're allowed to go for part 2 campaigns whenever, it's just part 3 that is blocked until turn 8+. At least I've never noticed being blocked on part 2.
Think I need to check that out, I
Are you planning on double suppressing early? Mechanically the only way you can fight Kesselring on T3 is if you double suppress (defeat both Babolat and Kesselring on the same turn), since iirc you cannot start part 2 national campaigns until T5.

I also advise against delaying Shangri-la so late and highly recommend doing it asap (T5).

Yeah I'm not sure you can save everyone since the best way to save Cordoba is to delay doing Leazas until after T8, but I can't confirm if you can get the Hornet mission without doing Leazas 1 (wiki suggests you must do Leazas 1 while I remember vaguely that there is a Satella event you can take to get the mission instead).

The wiki also suggests that you can save FC by putting Swords on FC on turns 5-7. I can't confirm this either but if so that is likely the only way to try and save everyone.

T2 Babolat + Kesselring
T3 Galtia + Medusa (you should do Galtia T2 instead if you want to win the eating contest)
T4 Miki
T5 Shangri-la
T6 La Hawzel + Lexington
I think I'm going to pass on double suppressing Kesselring and Babolat as I have gotten quite alot of good cards so I'm hesitant on restarting. Not really sure how the treasure RNG works.

If I was to go for both Medusa and Galtia in T3, is it advisable on hard difficulty? I do have Ruberan, mob Kalar, Kouhime and Kimchi to help but everyone is still pretty low on rank and levels and I don't have Wenlina for the HP boost if things go south. Either way I'm not sure if I am able to beat the eating contest as besides Kenshin, I don't think I have anyone else available.

Thanks again.
Edit: I read from the fandom page that in order to double suppress Babolat I would have to beat him on the first encounter within 5 Rounds? Is that even possible on hard mode so early in the game. Its definitely doable on Normal mode though.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is that even possible on hard mode so early in the game. Its definitely doable on Normal mode though.
Everything is possible with enough NG+ bonuses. Probably...
Double suppress on T2 in hard does seem properly hard though, you'd likely need really good RNG for both the fight and the card drops to reach the necessary deeps.
Zeth might be the exception, since at least there you can compensate for low dps with hp and it is easier to boost hp with extra medals than damage.

Jason Liang

Arcane

T2 Babolat + Kesselring
T4 Miki
T5 Shangri-la
T6 La Hawzel + Lexington

Thanks again.
As long as you can beat Galtia, you can always beat Medusa (it just takes a really long time) since Ruberan (or anyone who can remove debuffs for 0) always resets her attack pattern, and you heal with Kimchi and Medusa does not - which it seems like you already know the strategy.

You only need to win the eating contest if you want to get Galtia's card. If you beat him in the first actual fight, you still get the choice to challenge Medusa. Also you don't need too many big eaters to win the eating contest (and you also get Caloria on the route itself), you just have do it before the hp scales too much.

Jaedar did you finish your run on Hard?

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
@Jaedar did you finish your run on Hard?
Nah, I did Helman part 2, and then I got distracted / realized I would get no new content for the next 5 turns in game and fell off the playthrough.

As long as you can beat Galtia, you can always beat Medusa (it just takes a really long time) since Ruberan (or anyone who can remove debuffs for 0) always resets her attack pattern
:first run ptsd triggered:
You only need to win the eating contest if you want to get Galtia's card.
It's a shit card anyway iirc, only worth it for collection completion.

copandondotto

Barely Literate
I think Galtia on hard mode is impossible? According to the fandom wiki that is.. I tried it on normal difficulty on T3 and I still needed to reset a few times so I had good enough cards to complete it.

Lol the PTSD when your debuffers get turned into stone, wondering if you should just restart the battle or hope you can get bailed out.

Also, I was reading through Arios's bio and apparently Wichita (Gandhi's Attendant) is alive in part two?

Jason Liang

Arcane

Videospirit

Barely Literate
If I recall correctly from the alicesoft wiki, there are a bunch of cards that exist in the game data and can be hacked into your deck that can't be obtained normally. Pretty sure there is a Medusa card among those.

But the extra mode deck doesn't have a spot for a Medusa card. The only card that can't be obtained normally(Not counting turning on extra cards bonus) with a slot in the extra mode deck is the final tier of Dark Rance in Part 2, and you can obtain that card sort of normally using cheats in part 2 for extra turns(The reason you can't get the card normally being that Dark Rance joins too late for you to collect the rest of his cards before the training montage). I think the Infinite use Wenlina was the only card obtainable in part 1 without a spot in the extra mode deck. Although part 2 had a lot of cards not in the extra mode deck.

Videospirit

Barely Literate
But the extra mode deck doesn't have a spot for a Medusa card.
What is this "extra mode deck"? I know only of after mode, and I can only see cards I have found there.

Not sure the exact name of the mode, but it's a challenge mode not part of part 1 or 2. There are no spaces in that deck for the hacked cards, although it doesn't give you a clear list of what cards you don't have yet.

Peteee

Literate
Hello everyone, I'm new at this game and have some Questions regarding the difficulty increased every time you complete a major quest (the purple-looking circle). So if I were to try completing Ending A (From the SEA) would a 12-13 level of difficulty be too hard to manage? Would that make Kayblis impossible to defeat? And can someone share with me their preferred difficulty level to complete other endings? For example: From the Sky ED?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Hello everyone, I'm new at this game and have some Questions regarding the difficulty increased every time you complete a major quest (the purple-looking circle). So if I were to try completing Ending A (From the SEA) would a 12-13 level of difficulty be too hard to manage? Would that make Kayblis impossible to defeat? And can someone share with me their preferred difficulty level to complete other endings? For example: From the Sky ED?
Just play the game imo. Aside from maybe 2 endings, the game is balanced around the adaptive difficulty. If you do well, your difficulty level will naturally increase faster (making you do less well), and vice versa.

Peteee

Literate
Just play the game imo. Aside from maybe 2 endings, the game is balanced around the adaptive difficulty. If you do well, your difficulty level will naturally increase faster (making you do less well), and vice versa.
Thanks a lot

Jason Liang

Arcane
Also, while Kayblis is no pushover and should be a pretty sweaty fight, he is not the hardest challenge to worry about. Without spoiling much, if you manage to reach Kayblis with a higher than average difficulty, you would have beaten significantly more difficult bosses than him. Also, there is a point in the game where you will have you a clear option to make fighting Kayblis much easier with a gimmick (think Dragon Quest 3).

Peteee

Literate
Also, while Kayblis is no pushover and should be a pretty sweaty fight, he is not the hardest challenge to worry about. Without spoiling much, if you manage to reach Kayblis with a higher than average difficulty, you would have beaten significantly more difficult bosses than him. Also, there is a point in the game where you will have you a clear option to make fighting Kayblis much easier with a gimmick (think Dragon Quest 3).
Unfortunately, I just have my ass handed to him due to not having enough Ninja in my team to stop his Card Knockout attack LOL. Can you please tell me more about the option that makes Kayblis's fight much easier? (Was it the gimmick trying not to increase the difficulty?)I would like to know more to achieve other endings and thank you for sharing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Unfortunately, I just have my ass handed to him due to not having enough Ninja in my team to stop his Card Knockout attack LOL. Can you please tell me more about the option that makes Kayblis's fight much easier? (Was it the gimmick trying not to increase the difficulty?)I would like to know more to achieve other endings and thank you for sharing.
Iirc, the option to decide how easy the fight is happens in the desert quest, which is quite a ways back if you're at Kayblis already.
The good news is that hitting "retreat" in the "from the sea" path counts as a proper ending and gives a ng+ point.

You might also try to git gud ;) I don't think I used any ninja against kayblis. Can't you use a shield spell to dodge the knockout attack?

Peteee

Literate
Thank you, LOL. I have one more concern regarding Patches 1.01, 1.02, and 1.04. I installed patch 1.01 but don't know how to apply it I click the Updater application but it tells me it can't find the game. Do I have to put all the patch files in the game file? or do I have to replace the patch file with the original game file?

Peteee

Literate
Thank you, LOL. I have one more concern regarding Patches 1.01, 1.02, and 1.04. I installed patch 1.01 but don't know how to apply it I click the Updater application but it tells me it can't find the game. Do I have to put all the patch files in the game file? or do I have to replace the patch file with the original game file?
Nvm I tried to replace all the file without the need for the Update Application and It works.

astrea

Literate
hey just wanted to ask how do you get like all the ending for cp, been trying for weeks now only got 2 ending so far both are bad.

astrea

Literate
ok i got the breakthrough ending A but i dont know where to find part 2 please help

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom