Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm sure that after this guy i will have to beat even harder boss lol so its restart time i post video from my last attempt maybe someone will find a way to win this.
I would not be so sure. It is always the case that the mandatory kill encounters are the easiest bosses (relatively at least), the only exceptions I can think of are the ones where losing is a true end or retreat is possible.
i post video
Post save instead :). You do seem to be missing some of the good defensive cards, but I also don't think you are playing optimally: I think the shuriken AP and defensive boost from holy girl would be better spent on healing or generic defenses (I'm, less sure about shurikens), and you are also not running hanny zippo. Also doesn't look like you maximized your initial squad for max hp. Also, you don't have anyone capable of casting sleep?

It looks very close though, I am not sure I could do it with that setup.

I assume retreating from this mission gives a game over?
and they were short compared to the fiend hunts
Yeah, fiend hunts played to the very end give the most stuff / difficulty up.
sometimes during auto battle my units are highlighted, and they don't take any DMG its quite rare
If you get a lot of matching faction/element cards during autobattle you get a 2x or 3x modifier on dmg, protection and xp. Some characters also have it as a special ability that they give auto battle bonus if they get selected to participate.

I'm not sure which file is my main save so i uploaded whole folder lol yea i don't have character with sleep and for almost all game i was using auto attack cards, and they are mostly leveled up, but now they do nothing anyway.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/iv8n1i9aqhk2z/SaveData

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm not sure which file is my main save so i uploaded whole folder lol yea i don't have character with sleep and for almost all game i was using auto attack cards, and they are mostly leveled up, but now they do nothing anyway.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/iv8n1i9aqhk2z/SaveData
Did you know you can cast analyze on the boss to get info on its moves? In this case he has: if you have a buff, 3 attacks, otherwise 2 attacks. Idk if the english patch translates those tips though.

So I just maxed hp and passive phys res and cast heals. https://we.tl/t-utznaBy45n (you may need to increase the numbers in the file names, they just need to be the same number).
I used up your hanny zippo, hope you don't mind. Could probably do it without zippo, but would have basically 0 hp remaining. Looks like this was the last fight on the map anyway. The save is not optimal: I only remembered to cast analyze at turn 10, so I took at lot of triple attacks before that :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sunri I also made a serious attempt at actually winning the fight, because I felt like it should be doable and well...
5056e8ed47e91511a13d8497691046f8.png
Less margin than I would have liked, but eh, if it works it works
Damn, I forgot how fun this game could be. Trying to wring out a workable combat squad with your cards was cool, as I had to play characters I never would otherwise. Although as is clearly evident from the screenshot, I didn't sway that much from my "0 ap superiority" mindset, despite Jason Liang's misgivings.

Sunri

Liturgist
Very impressive, i used crane analyze earlier, and it was not translated after this boss there were no further fights and i unlocked first ending, thanks!

Sunri

Liturgist
I just discovered that you can change your talent tree whenever you want now i understand your recommendation to pick hanny zippo before boss lol

kami-nii-

Literate
Hey I finally unlocked part 2 but do the choices really matter? for example, romance, is everyone romancable before sushinu? Or is it like sushinu will like el no matter what?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Hey I finally unlocked part 2 but do the choices really matter? for example, romance, is everyone romancable before sushinu? Or is it like sushinu will like el no matter what?
They're all biowarean choices. :(

kami-nii-

Literate
what does that mean? judging from the sad face it looks like it doesnt, but I think you mean Bioware-like choices right? I only played Mass Effect 1 & 2 but I think choices matter there?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
what does that mean? judging from the sad face it looks like it doesnt, but I think you mean Bioware-like choices right? I only played Mass Effect 1 & 2 but I think choices matter there?
Oh right, you are new to the codex. A biowarean choice is a choice is a fake choice where what you pick doesn't matter, because the outcome is the same. Named so after a lot of the dialogue options in the mass effects where all 3 text choices lead to the same voice line from Shep, and almost none of them impact the course of conversations.
Sadly, it seems all dialogue options in part 2 are like this. Depending on who you (b)romance, you get a different cheevo, and that's about it. The b is of course for bestu furendo, because there's thankfully no actual incest.

kami-nii-

Literate
Oh right, you are new to the codex. A biowarean choice is a choice is a fake choice where what you pick doesn't matter, because the outcome is the same. Named so after a lot of the dialogue options in the mass effects where all 3 text choices lead to the same voice line from Shep, and almost none of them impact the course of conversations.
Sadly, it seems all dialogue options in part 2 are like this. Depending on who you (b)romance, you get a different cheevo, and that's about it. The b is of course for bestu furendo, because there's thankfully no actual incest.
Thanks thats good to know though I'm a sad lover for incest which makes me more sad

kami-nii-

Literate
alright is there a way to beat this part 2 boss without hanny zippo?
Jy2H1JD.png

edit: after awhile I managed to survive by using 4 defense with 1 magic barier as a decoy and pray for RNG

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
I wish there was a little more time to clear quest so far i

cleared babolat on my first turn

double tapped Galia and Medusa on t2

cleared Rei and kid on t3

after that demon kang and Shangri-La, and now it looks like this everything scaled to insane levels and i can't clear leazas in one turn and that means i can't save hornet sad

3Ax5OqP.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
after that demon kang and Shangri-La, and now it looks like this everything scaled to insane levels and i can't clear leazas in one turn and that means i can't save hornet sad
You just need to do leazas normally to unlock hornet rescue.

I wish there was a little more time to clear quest so far i
Unless you are going for the grand alliance ending, you really don't need to clear most of the quests. Just clear different ones each playthrough for the replayability. Odds are you will need at least two A ending playthroughs to unlock part 2 anyway.

Sunri

Liturgist
What does this card do? i translated it with Google image, but still not sure it's a reward for card collecting.

As soon as the battle begins, a group
of professionals who instantly prepare
for the entire Majin Suppression Corps
elite cargo corps
card acquisition
Acquired the card [Elite Packers]
QlpcVwH.png

Sunri

Liturgist
Another question i have Willis and other leveling goddess but when i use rank up skill during battle nothing happens? There is limit 30/45, but my character that i wanted to boost is lower than that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
hmmm Haniva kang seems rather ahead than everyone else
The monster army has ridonk stats, always has, but hanny king at 20k while no one else is even at 60k is a really big disparity. Iirc in the playthrough I got him I still almost never used him since his attack has an x/ap ratio less than 1. When he has 4 times the base strength of anyone else though that's still an amazing deal.

Sunri

Liturgist
I need help how to beat demon king on turn 6 is there any specific way? i tried to do only support mission to not raise difficulty level but i lost anyway tips for other missing CP achievements would be also appreciated.

RB6f3kg.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
missing CP achievements would be also appreciated
You're missing some simple A/B clears.

You are missing the "beat the game from underground fortress", which is easy to get I think, just lose to Topps on turn 8, and then follow the story.
From the sky is also easy, iirc you just choose the topps event on turn 8 or 9 and then every turn after that. It's basically an easier version of from the sea.

Otherwise, I recommend to check the wiki.

Sunri

Liturgist
Yes I have.

The easiest way to beat him is to fight him on turn 6 at 1 or 2 difficulty. Play through the first six turns but quit the missions before you step on the difficulty up. On turn 6 you can also do Miracle's Dimension side quest for even more level up. I was able to beat him at 2 difficulty (you can lower that to 1 difficulty if you can complete the Ranger sidequest). Another trick is to save FC for turn 5, and if you haven't completed the Ranger sidequest yet, try beating Lei with Rance solo to get the 4 chests to see if they drop the character you need (I got Freya to complete the sidequest by doing this). You go up to 3 difficulty but completing the side quest brings you back down to 2 difficulty.

Anyway, I hadn't gotten the All Nations Fall ending, so I ended up doing both together. Also you can actually recruit Galtia from eating contest before the difficulty up (I think he's the only Dark Lord that allows this) so I ended up recruiting Galtia and getting both endings on that short run. Since you aren't increasing the difficulty, this is by far the easiest way to beat the eating contest. This is also a good way to collect all the bad-end princesses.
How do you abandon a mission?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yes I have.

The easiest way to beat him is to fight him on turn 6 at 1 or 2 difficulty. Play through the first six turns but quit the missions before you step on the difficulty up. On turn 6 you can also do Miracle's Dimension side quest for even more level up. I was able to beat him at 2 difficulty (you can lower that to 1 difficulty if you can complete the Ranger sidequest). Another trick is to save FC for turn 5, and if you haven't completed the Ranger sidequest yet, try beating Lei with Rance solo to get the 4 chests to see if they drop the character you need (I got Freya to complete the sidequest by doing this). You go up to 3 difficulty but completing the side quest brings you back down to 2 difficulty.

Anyway, I hadn't gotten the All Nations Fall ending, so I ended up doing both together. Also you can actually recruit Galtia from eating contest before the difficulty up (I think he's the only Dark Lord that allows this) so I ended up recruiting Galtia and getting both endings on that short run. Since you aren't increasing the difficulty, this is by far the easiest way to beat the eating contest. This is also a good way to collect all the bad-end princesses.
How do you abandon a mission?
There's a button, iirc its on the map screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom