Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

Jason Liang

Arcane
Battle advantage increases when you do a primary mission in that region (ie, kill a majin or a general). Then it decreases every turn afterwards.
I mean i tried my best to balance out my operation phases by prioritizing the country with the most difference in casualty and prep phase with the 2nd most
As unintuitive as it seems, the best strategy isn't to balance your efforts.
When you score a major victory after suppressing both fiends in a country, it's actually best to press your advantage there by following up with the skirmish mission there next turn, so that the country will self liberate earlier. When a country is liberated, it's troops will be assigned to fight in the other countries. This is important when trying to achieve the Grand Invasion (land) ending.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Battle advantage increases when you do a primary mission in that region (ie, kill a majin or a general). Then it decreases every turn afterwards.
I mean i tried my best to balance out my operation phases by prioritizing the country with the most difference in casualty and prep phase with the 2nd most
As unintuitive as it seems, the best strategy isn't to balance your efforts.
When you score a major victory after suppressing both fiends in a country, it's actually best to press your advantage there by following up with the skirmish mission there next turn, so that the country will self liberate earlier. When a country is liberated, it's troops will be assigned to fight in the other countries. This is important when trying to achieve the Grand Invasion (land) ending.
Interesting if true (I really haven't compared). But mostly not relevant for NG.

I don't think troops fight in other countries? They just seem to hang out and replenish by 3000 per turn. Self liberation is great though, saves an entire turn. The conditions to get it are super mysterious to me though, aside from the requirement of all majin in the region being dead.

kami-nii-

Literate
There is some RNG involved, after turn 9 (iirc) countries can roll 'massive advance'
okay so I just found out that literally all 3 countries have massive advance, is there anyway at all prevent a massive advance? I could save at least two countries so one would really be a sacrifice? Like is there a way to save scum this or is it like chests where it is predetermined and cant abuse the loading thing?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
There is some RNG involved, after turn 9 (iirc) countries can roll 'massive advance'
okay so I just found out that literally all 3 countries have massive advance, is there anyway at all prevent a massive advance? I could save at least two countries so one would really be a sacrifice? Like is there a way to save scum this or is it like chests where it is predetermined and cant abuse the loading thing?
Iirc it is rolled at the start of each turn, so you can savescum it by loading a save at the end of last turn. All 3 at once is some bad luck.

Or you know, just do one in prep phase and one in main phase and let one die.

Last edited:

kami-nii-

Literate
Sorry for always asking for help, but do you think I should balance xp with all cards? or its fine to only have one main squad?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Sorry for always asking for help, but do you think I should balance xp with all cards? or its fine to only have one main squad?
Cards gain a bit of attack and hp every time they level. Some cards more, some less (I wish the actual numbers were shown in the game). But some cards are also kind of useless in actual combat.

Personally, I think a mix of high level main squad + level 10 supports is good. Level 50+ characters let you complete their meal ticket events in postgame menu, which is maybe nice?

Sunri

Liturgist
I just defeated my first fiend, Silky I'm thinking about going after pigeon fiend now and clearing Leazas before doing anything else, but I'm not sure what I should be unlocking next in talent tree any tips?
SH0HmaO.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I just defeated my first fiend, Silky I'm thinking about going after pigeon fiend now and clearing Leazas before doing anything else, but I'm not sure what I should be unlocking next in talent tree any tips?
SH0HmaO.png
Imo more leader slots is the best generic upgrade*, followed by more xp/more rares. Stuff like ap recovery and stat boosts are more "when necessary to beat a boss" type deals. More xp and more rares (ie better cards) are the only options that lead to compounding permanent increases to your strength. I might consider something like + ap or phys boost if that's what it takes to get the bonus xp for a quick kill as well.

*I think you always want to max leader slots for auto fights, and while having the full 7 is perhaps not the best, compared to say 6 + demon army it's annoying to swap around a lot of bonuses between every fight.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Can someone tell me what rance girls skill do? it's not translated
They're not rance girls they're "girls who were inside monster generals". Their skills don't do anything, because they're weak from their imprisonment. From the quick look I had, all the skills that are not translated by the patch are flavor/null skills like that.

Sunri

Liturgist
Hmm, I have problem with hornet mission I get blocked at the end it seems that I'm too slow are mission also timed?
eYeP5TH.png

4363zfk.png
QL8TMHB.png
xkMusg7.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, I have problem with hornet mission I get blocked at the end it seems that I'm too slow are mission also timed?
eYeP5TH.png

4363zfk.png
QL8TMHB.png
xkMusg7.png
The text in the green box says: "Condition: Spent 7 or less combat turns inside the castle. "

The text clipping in the gui is very nostalgic for me :love:, reminds me of original sengoku playthroughs.

Sunri

Liturgist
eYeP5TH.png

4363zfk.png
QL8TMHB.png
xkMusg7.png
The text in the green box says: "Condition: Spent 7 or less combat turns inside the castle. "

The text clipping in the gui is very nostalgic for me :love:, reminds me of original sengoku playthroughs.

They want me to win 4 fights in 7 turns? Seems impossible lol!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
It is probably the first "mandatory" hard challenge you run into. It took me a few tries and iirc a small amount of savescumming. Iirc I made a post in the rance thread about how I did it.

You just need to win one fight in 1 turn, and the other 3 in 2 turns. No sweat!

Sunri

Liturgist
It is probably the first "mandatory" hard challenge you run into. It took me a few tries and iirc a small amount of savescumming. Iirc I made a post in the rance thread about how I did it.

Somehow I did this with this team thank god I discovered speed up animation setting it helped a lot.

BgsRWwB.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Somehow I did this with this team thank god I discovered speed up animation setting it helped a lot.

BgsRWwB.png
I can't believe you seem to be using Lia as one of your mains. Did you have to savescum a lot? Cause that team looks insanely rng dependent.

Sunri

Liturgist

BgsRWwB.png
I can't believe you seem to be using Lia as one of your mains. Did you have to savescum a lot? Cause that team looks insanely rng dependent.
Only during hornet mission, otherwise everything was okay.

Jason Liang

Arcane

BgsRWwB.png
Leazas *is* kind of quality bare in this one though. Rick is overrated, and worthless ninja is usually who leads Leazas for me, and Helman's ninjas are way better. Lia has her spots.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Rick is overrated
:nocountryforshitposters:
It is literally impossible to overrate 0 ap attackers in Rance X.

I agree that Leazas lacks good characters though (Ricks power is often low because he has no backup). Same as free cities, although free cities have some really good utility chars.

Sunri

Liturgist
Ok now I hit the wall I have no idea how I'm supposed to beat this guy and this is his weaker version
GXTIJSm.png

Sunri

Liturgist
So I lost 2 countries and got pushed back to JP now I'm locked in boss fight Youkai king that I can't beat if I skip turn a get game over I guess I reached dead end are there any cheats to this game? It feels rather bad to restart so late in the game without unlocking anything.
6uiZbR9.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
So I lost 2 countries and got pushed back to JP now I'm locked in boss fight Youkai king that I can't beat if I skip turn a get game over I guess I reached dead end are there any cheats to this game? It feels rather bad to restart so late in the game without unlocking anything.
6uiZbR9.png
Do you need to win the fight or is it sufficient to last the 20 rounds?

Generally the way to beat bosses is to start with curse/poison + sleep and then switch to a wombo-combo setup (your first three slots are good wombo combo, but you should probably be using hornet/lei instead of ceasar, kou and shield girl are bad wombo combo, but I guess you might still be aiming for the efficiency of poison).

If you just need to survive then sleep is still really good, and otherwise just people with passive heals/guards and spend most of your ap on the defense skill (blue button on the right). Also remember Hanny zippo is +50% hp from the auto-res.

Hard to give specific advice without seeing your cards. I think there are some trainers and what not that let you become invuln. It's probably not hard to just do in cheat engine either.

Sunri

Liturgist
Hmm, I didn't think about playing defensively but even if I focus only on surviving I get only to turn 14/15, and I'm sure that after this guy i will have to beat even harder boss lol so its restart time i post video from my last attempt maybe someone will find a way to win this.

https://streamable.com/i4c6gl

At least I learned a few things about the game I got fucked over by event that collapsed free cities now I know that i can stop that with advantage or just by killing fiends and i wasted 2 turns on hornet rescue mission and conquer of Shangri-La that did more or less nothing after those 2 mission a really felt under leveled, and they were short compared to the fiend hunts there are still some things that i don't understand sometimes during auto battle my units are highlighted, and they don't take any DMG its quite rare

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I'm sure that after this guy i will have to beat even harder boss lol so its restart time i post video from my last attempt maybe someone will find a way to win this.
I would not be so sure. It is always the case that the mandatory kill encounters are the easiest bosses (relatively at least), the only exceptions I can think of are the ones where losing is a true end or retreat is possible.
i post video
Post save instead :). You do seem to be missing some of the good defensive cards, but I also don't think you are playing optimally: I think the shuriken AP and defensive boost from holy girl would be better spent on healing or generic defenses (I'm, less sure about shurikens), and you are also not running hanny zippo. Also doesn't look like you maximized your initial squad for max hp. Also, you don't have anyone capable of casting sleep?

It looks very close though, I am not sure I could do it with that setup.

I assume retreating from this mission gives a game over?
and they were short compared to the fiend hunts
Yeah, fiend hunts played to the very end give the most stuff / difficulty up.
sometimes during auto battle my units are highlighted, and they don't take any DMG its quite rare
If you get a lot of matching faction/element cards during autobattle you get a 2x or 3x modifier on dmg, protection and xp. Some characters also have it as a special ability that they give auto battle bonus if they get selected to participate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom