Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games where you save princesses that aren't made by nintendo?

MasterofThunder

I get that Nintendo tried to keep Zelda more feminine by not giving her a sword, but she's still taking on a masculine role as the Hero of the story. Link's entire purpose, his destiny, is to protect Hyrule from evil and defend it's Princess. By giving Zelda that role, it completely undermines the transcendent storytelling/mythology of the series. Zelda was one of the very few fantasy games that stuck close to the traditions of the genre, but it seems that has finally ended. Also the game is an asset flip of a nearly six year old release at this point, I mean cmon guys.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I get that Nintendo tried to keep Zelda more feminine by not giving her a sword, but she's still taking on a masculine role as the Hero of the story. Link's entire purpose, his destiny, is to protect Hyrule from evil and defend it's Princess. By giving Zelda that role, it completely undermines the transcendent storytelling/mythology of the series. Zelda was one of the very few fantasy games that stuck close to the traditions of the genre, but it seems that has finally ended. Also the game is an asset flip of a nearly six year old release at this point, I mean cmon guys.
GCiU6b9asAAHpTU

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
GCiU6b9asAAHpTU
I like how the triforce is on her womb

deuxhero

Arcane
Multiple jRPGs have it as a goal, just not the goal. Off-hand I can think of Dragon Quest (technically an optional objective. There's actually a good chunk of reactivity if you rescue her then never bring her back home, keeping her walking behind you till the ending), Dragon Quest 2 (the princess is a party member you need to rescue from a curse before she can join your party), Final Fantasy (first thing you do in the game is rescue a princess so her dad builds a bridge for you), Final Fantasy II (princess is rebel leader and kidnapped at least once during plot), Final Fantasy III (also done really early, with the remake upgrading her to a temporary party member), Final Fantasy 5 (every member of the party, sans Galuf, needs rescuing at some point and three of them are princesses), and Chrono Trigger (again, one of the first scenarios and she's a party member).

ds

Cipher
Patron
In Arx Fatalis you can save princess Alia from having to become the new queen of the snake women.

Fargus

Arcane
I kinda installed UU for the first time and i'm even enjoying it despite mammoth shit control scheme, tiny resolution and no mouselook. Too bad i'm torn between too many games.

Black Plague

Arbiter

Iucounu

Educated
In Crysis you must save two princesses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom