Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GameScent - Get Ready To Smell Your Games

911 Jumper

Educated
gran-turismo-2-2.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
imagine playing modern western game. suddenly disgusting yet VERY familiar smell wafts in. "oh, fuck, debra wilson again..."

Baron Tahn

Scholar
How bout we just forget this and invest in the innovative new concept of actually making decent games? That'd be pretty cool. Bit extreme I know but I think it might pay off.

Cologno

Educated
Confirmed Integration into Arma 4 along with a hunger system (a squad of soldiers processing MREs is a war crime) and latrine details.

Iucounu

Educated
"oh, fuck, debra wilson again..."
I never consume Western entertainment (except for some games). Is Debra Wilson one of those token black actresses that show up everywhere, like in 80s when Whoopie Goldberg was apparently the only black female actress in the entire US?

Ezekiel

Arcane
"oh, fuck, debra wilson again..."
I never consume Western entertainment (except for some games). Is Debra Wilson one of those token black actresses that show up everywhere, like in 80s when Whoopie Goldberg was apparently the only black female actress in the entire US?
She gets more roles than any other colored voice actress, easily. Even that character in the Suicide Squad game is her rather than the big fatass she was in Justice League. All developers correct her ears, because gauges are found horrible except by those that have them.

Machocruz

Arcane
I recall it was tried in cinemas decades ago, but never caught on.
They did this with movie theaters and people gagged because the scent from one scene mingled with the scent of the next one. This will be the same thing.
And they are trying it once again. I went to see Dune pt. 2 at a 4DX theater and they were blasting scents at us when bodies were burning on screen. Along with rollercoaster chairs that bucked and shook during every action sequence, and being sprayed with air and smoke.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I just smelled the AI future of video games — and it’s very weird
GameScent is like Smell-O-Vision for video games

https://www.tomsguide.com/gaming/ga...e-ai-future-of-video-games-and-its-very-weird
After the session, the GameScent rep triggered the “Clean Air” scent to neutralize any lingering odors. While it helped dull the scents, it didn’t completely negate them. But in fairness, the GameScent folks had been demoing the device all day in a small-ish hotel room. At worst, your gaming room might retain the smell of a strange (but inoffensive) perfume after prolonged sessions.
GameScent is available now for $179

b62VsUUE43HjdBDrANbzYP-650-80.jpg.webp

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Ok, this should be the last one. I put that Last of Us picture to show just how disgusting the idea of this product is. Well, this article did a top 5. Last of Us was the game they wanted to smell the most.

5 video games we wanna smell, now that it's kinda possible with GameScent

https://newatlas.com/games/gamescent-5-game-worlds-smell/
Even without a GameScent, you can almost smell this picture of a clicker from The Last of Us

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom