Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview GameSpot UK spends a bit more time with Fallout 3

Black

Arcane
DiverNB said:
I'm just saying it would be a good role playing option
It's not what beth does well.

Shoelip

Arbiter
DiverNB said:
skyway said:
DiverNB said:
What about an option to send the boy to his father's same fate? To make it interesting, the boy could have some type of valuable on him that would only be attainable through his death.

What
You want Beth to...

THINK?!

I'm just saying it would be a good role playing option for that sort of evil person who is more manipulative than say brute force. I don't really expect that kind of an option from Beth.

How the heck does only being able to take it from his corpse make any sense? If you were a brute you could just take it from him without killing him. If you were a smooth talker you could just convince him to part with it.

And for fuck sake people! Why is everyone praising Rat Keeng for ripping off a South Park line?

DiverNB

Liturgist
Shoelip said:
DiverNB said:
skyway said:
DiverNB said:
What about an option to send the boy to his father's same fate? To make it interesting, the boy could have some type of valuable on him that would only be attainable through his death.

What
You want Beth to...

THINK?!

I'm just saying it would be a good role playing option for that sort of evil person who is more manipulative than say brute force. I don't really expect that kind of an option from Beth.

How the heck does only being able to take it from his corpse make any sense? If you were a brute you could just take it from him without killing him. If you were a smooth talker you could just convince him to part with it.

And for fuck sake people! Why is everyone praising Rat Keeng for ripping off a South Park line?

It makes perfect sense. IF you aren't a brute character, or you are not the thieving sort, this is a perfect alternative.

A charismatic person could be evil.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Shoelip said:

Damn kids, that line is decades older than whatever South Park episode it was in. I'm sure you could find that classic old army joke somewhere, with a soldier having to inform a couple that their son died in combat.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Shoelip said:
That doesn't mean they have to be malicious.

It also doesn't mean they don't have to be malicious, so what's your point?

Shoelip

Arbiter
One gives more options than the other, and makes sense. The other is just an arbitrary game rule. You can only take the item off his corpse. Apparently there is some magic bond that keeps it from being removed from his person until death.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Shoelip said:
One gives more options than the other, and makes sense. The other is just an arbitrary game rule. You can only take the item off his corpse. Apparently there is some magic bond that keeps it from being removed from his person until death.

Ah I see, you think I'm only saying this is THE only option because I mentioned death as part of the requirement, that was my bad. I meant this in addition to other ways of getting it, weather it be intimidation, thieving, etc.

Bradylama

Arcane
I would've also expected the kid to havea stronger reaction to a dead dad than as if you stepped on his shoes but w/e

kris

Arcane
Rat Keeng said:
Shoelip said:

Damn kids, that line is decades older than whatever South Park episode it was in. I'm sure you could find that classic old army joke somewhere, with a soldier having to inform a couple that their son died in combat.

I was thinking about what movie I heard that in...

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yep, copy-paste design is the trend these days. First in graphics (this old example), now in dialog. This world is rotten.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom