Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Gas Powered Games interview at QuakeSkills

Rosh

Erudite
RumbleFish said:
Rosh, next time take your mom's dick out of your ass before you post you little fucking wortless peice of fly excrement on dog shit.

Weak.

Somehow, since it comes from a slack-jawed moron, that just doesn't carry any weight.

You don't value my opinion, jackass? Fine. I don't value you either.

Who said I gave a shit about a clueless, barely-intelligible chucklehead with zero clue about game design? Don't flatter yourself.

It irritates the shit out of me that you can't fucking post without fucking swearing every other fucking word and trying to make it fucking sound like you're somehow fucking intelligent to the fucking Rosh fanboys out there. You think only by belittiling the other person it makes you sound better, eh assface? Will I got news for you, dipshit. It only serves to piss me off more.

Now only if we could hope it could make you sound more intelligent. Alas, I'm afraid your intellectual capacity has hit rock bottom and has begun to dig.

All games are linear, it's just which order you do them in that changes, not the potential outcome. To twist my words into something else is a weak arguement at best.

Wow, look at who just displayed they know jack shit about game design. Anyone with a clue of CRPG development is laughing at you right now and most likely wishes you were removed from the gene pool, an opportunity that was missed when a clerical error allowed your mother to buy you from the sperm bank.

An RPG is whatever the hell you want it to be. And I agree with what's-his-name that said if someone enjoys it, then who cares? Some of you seem to think that it isn't an RPG unless it's a 3rd person isometric perspective, but how is that more immersive in the game world than 1st person? I don't think it is.

Yeah, and you role-play Mario because you can make him jump on the screen.

Ludicrous example? Yeah, just like you.

Here is where I humiliate you and prove that the better part of you missed the sperm donor cup.

Let's rewind to your inital cerebral defecation upon this forum, wherein you remarked:
The only games I've ever played (and still playing by the way) that have interactive combat are Morrowind and Daggerfall.

Yet, later on, you go on to say this:

As for my point about Morrowind and Daggerfall, it was only that you have to move the mouse and click which, by definition, is more interactive than simply clicking.

"move the mouse and click", which pretty much describes the banal gameplay of Dung Siege, and in a very literal way, any game. Compared to many other games, the combat in Morrowind and Daggerfall are extremely NON-interactive.

It also makes it painfully obvious that you've got very little experience.

And Diablo/Diablo 2 aren't good action/rpg games at all. To use them as a comparitor for all other action/rpgs elevates it's status.

News flash, dipshit:
I could say a movie is "worse than Freddy got Fingered". Is that elevating Freddy Got Fingered? No, it means I'm saying something is worse than Freddy Got Fingered.

Learn how the language works before you try to reinvent it, moron. It is further more amusing that you say we're twisting your words around when you do the same damn thing in a glaring display of hypocrisy.

Also, Silverback didn't start calling it "Diablo in space", I think that was Gamespot or Gamespy. They are only guilty of perpetuating that tagline.

Just like you're guilty of perpetuating that all a game needs is to have stats and it can be called a CRPG.

That's it, be a good little fanboy and keep up your double-standard like the selective little developer verbal fellate you are.

You don't know what a troll is, motherfuckers, so bite my ass and call it candy 'cause I'm outta here.

You trolled. Cope with the reality of it. Either get lost or have your mother come onto here and publicly apologize for having let you live. She had a ready way of strangling you with the umbilical cord, and I'm suspecting that she might have some feelings of regret today in not doing so that decade ago.

Your father can apologize as well, if the donation wasn't anonymous.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
RumbleFish said:
All games are linear, it's just which order you do them in that changes, not the potential outcome. To twist my words into something else is a weak arguement at best.

This has to be the worst argument ever. Ever had algebra? That's where the term comes from, Fishy. If you have function where every unique X doesn't match up with a unique Y, it's a non-linear function. If the CRPG allows you to have different path orders through it, that's not a unique X to Y correlation.

As for my point about Morrowind and Daggerfall, it was only that you have to move the mouse and click which, by definition, is more interactive than simply clicking.

Last I checked, you had to move the mouse to your targets in Diablo 2, and you had use both mouse buttons as well as function keys to pick and pull off attacks for any character in Diablo 2, which beats Morrowind and Daggerfall right there.

And Diablo/Diablo 2 aren't good action/rpg games at all. To use them as a comparitor for all other action/rpgs elevates it's status.

Also, Silverback didn't start calling it "Diablo in space", I think that was Gamespot or Gamespy. They are only guilty of perpetuating that tagline.

Actually, it was Electronic Playground, but many other previews and reviews have noticed the similarity. Heck, ever played the game? It rips off nearly every mechanic it has directly from Diablo 2, including the Shift-hold not moving, the left and right mouse button scheme, the inventory, the shop, the player stash, and so on.

The big problem is that it has no where near the depth of Diablo 2 and it's kind of buggy.

You don't know what a troll is, motherfuckers, so bite my ass and call it candy 'cause I'm outta here.

I could point out the IRONY here, but I think it's blatent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom