Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gedonia - Open World RPG

I was worried that the northern kingdoms would be like that. The enchanted forest was very sparse for content too. Decent biome with lots of potential, but mostly empty.

Edit: I messed around in the game for a bit. I like the two new arcane skills. One is surge of magic missiles on a cooldown and another is a passive blink ability. Both are good additions. I really wish they'd have an arcane element for basic attacks. They changed Arcane Overload to remove the stacks. Before it was always optimal to max out the stacks, so I get why the removed stacking have just have it be a single charge. I went through all the other magic skills. In general magic was buffed, but the changes to arcane overload is a massive nerf. The holy tree is more powerful now, which was needed. I do not like the change to the elemental capstone ability. It used to be an elemental that was very useful. Now it's a kinda of dumb archon ability where you transform into an element and wreak some havoc. It's not nearly as good.

Companions got buffed. They were actually able to kill things and contribute. That was desperately needed. I tried the bard tree as well. It works as described and is pretty neat. Gets use out of the CHA stat which is the most neglected of all the stats. My biggest problem with it is that you cannot use non-barding skills simultaneously. That makes the tree a dead end, i think. It's not good enough to forgo all other skills.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
there is this hook ability that when upgraded it allows you to play like a spiderman. 10/10

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So i started this and apparently, it's fun???

Using magic is sorta like outward like combine different element and evocative effect to provide different outcome. Combat is surprisingly reactive and attacks and blocking have good response.

Exploration is actually good and some quests, while mostly simple have some twist and even a little cnc.

The whole unity asset thing is the only thing that's sometimes distracting especially the character model, but this is actually a pretty good game with decent synergies between the "classes".

I am really looking forward for gedonia 2 now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom