Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glittering Gems of Hatred - part 3

Rosh

Erudite
Sander said:
Rosh said:
You have proven, numerous times, that drama takes priority than your duties.
Hah! How's that for irony?
If this all isn't drama-whoring, I don't know what is.

An amusing ass-chewing of a bunch of lazy, drama whoring clannie trash that would rather bicker than do the purpose of the fucking site they were given. You see, you still presume that I care about my position at NMA, as does Kharn with his "I repost news and fix hyperlinks!" crap of being one of the shittiest news admins I've ever seen. He puts his position and what little he does over making sure that he could um...talk to the developers himself, which might be handy if he has such a problem with understanding other people telling him this simple shit. Hell, if you had balls and a clue yourself, you might have figured the same instead of playing the same song and dance.

And if you think I continued to care about my position at NMA, then why am I scooping you on DAC and RPGCodex both? Oh well. Might as well bring out one guess a developer had based upon the art they saw and were making (which might have reason for the one reported recently saying "don't worry"); something like a WoW rotate and zoom, apparently. It seems to be popular with the kids, and hey, can't get any Lowest Common Denominator than MMOG.

PS: Rosh, if you're going to bash me, you'd better include the entire quote. You know, including the bit that says "That said, I put enough trust in Rosh's and VD's words."

Unfortunately, that part was a little irrelevant. After the other part, the personal trust of some idiot sticking their head into the sand is a bit low on the scrotum pole.

Go back to your little sandbox and stick your head in.

Briosafreak

Augur
As you, yourself posted as news in January:

Exactly, this was talked before, so why are you bringing these matters again? Except for helping with the brain farts from fallout fans haters like ratata and to give the completely wrong impression to Bethesda that we're all divided, what's in it for you? I honestly don't get it.

Rosh

Erudite
Briosafreak said:

Exactly, this was talked before, so why are you bringing these matters again?

Speaking of Low-Int speech options, here comes Briosafreak.

Let me try this on you.

1. Durrrr.... (Like you've been for the last two fucking years.)
2. Muh-hust cuh-ry 'n art-tickle, whuh-when we... (Goto 1, then Goto 3.)
3. (Shit self.)

Which do you pick?

Except for helping with the brain farts from fallout fans haters like ratata and to give the completely wrong impression to Bethesda that we're all divided, what's in it for you? I honestly don't get it.

Well, for one, a lot of amusement. Two, it lights the fires under the asses of those who do give a shit, and maybe Bethesda a bit. It's most likely too late, but I enjoyed wasting my time for the last two years. You try to reap what I have been working on for that long, have been trying to get you lazy shits to wake up and pay attention to, and it slips by your "tl;dr" mentality up until it becomes convenient for you to attention whore upon?

Go eat a developer dick and choke, bitch.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Rosh said:

So you don't have any constructive comments to make, you're just bashing.

We're done, Rosh. Have fun in Toyland or wherever the fuck you live, I'm not falling for your drama-whoring anymore.

taxacaria

Scholar
This obnoxious internetdrama aside -
the point of major interest is the credibility of the leak infos, and I have no doubt, that Rosh's infos are correct.
Considering all infos, I wonder if there is still a chance at all to get a decent FO3.
And I have to say : Obviously not.
Or am I wrong?

Briosafreak

Augur
Rosh said:
Briosafreak said:

Exactly, this was talked before, so why are you bringing these matters again?

Speaking of Low-Int speech options, here comes Briosafreak.

Let me try this on you.

1. Durrrr.... (Like you've been for the last two fucking years.)
2. Muh-hust cuh-ry 'n art-tickle, whuh-when we... (Goto 1, then Goto 3.)
3. (Shit self.)

Which do you pick?

Unable to give a straight answer, as I expected.

Except for helping with the brain farts from fallout fans haters like ratata and to give the completely wrong impression to Bethesda that we're all divided, what's in it for you? I honestly don't get it.

Well, for one, a lot of amusement. Two, it lights the fires under the asses of those who do give a shit, and maybe Bethesda a bit. It's most likely too late, but I enjoyed wasting my time for the last two years. You try to reap what I have been working on for that long, have been trying to get you lazy shits to wake up and pay attention to, and it slips by your "tl;dr" mentality up until it becomes convenient for you to attention whore upon?

Go eat a developer dick and choke, bitch.

So you're bringing these issues as if they were never discussed before, when they were, just because you're a dilettante. Ok, I don't normally pay much attention to your type, and you won't be an exception then. I'm relieved though, I thought it was something to do with maniac-depression and post traumatic stress, glad it's not.

Rosh

Erudite
Kharn said:
Rosh said:

So you don't have any constructive comments to make, you're just bashing.

What an interesting way to deny credibility and the fact that you're doing nothing but sitting on a forum whining and posting articles. No developer is going to come along, register, and coddle you out of their own amusement. They already belong to online communities, and unless you get their attention, they probably have no fucking clue who you are.

Here's a real constructive comment I have made since post one in this thread:

Get off your lazy asses and try to contact people if you expect for them to talk to you. Sitting with your thumb up your ass, waiting for Bethesda to come to you, is just about as stupid as you can get.

We're done, Rosh.

What, you mean you're done whining about "Bethesda hasn't told us anything", which IS the summary of your three part sniveling display of incompetence and idiocy? You might want to note in that piece of shit that you never bothered to once contact the Bethesda developers, only that one person at NMA cared to, and is no longer there. The rest are waiting to be spoon-fed a clue from Todd and Pete themselves.

Have fun in Toyland or wherever the fuck you live, I'm not falling for your drama-whoring anymore.

Have fun expecting Bethesda to come talk to you at your little nest at NMA, whining and posting articles when you've never bothered to try contacting anyone worth a damn, and instead just repost news from DAC.

Again, what kind of news admin are you when you can't be bothered to get contacts? Or even look for news outside of scalping a few other sites?

PS: Yes, Briosafreak, I am also done with sycophantic suckasses who believe they can sit on their asses and be spoon-fed something, expecting the developers to come to them, when they can't be bothered to try and initiate some dialog with the developers in the first place! You then are expecting that I just hand over everything I took time to learn, names of my contacts, and everything that they have told me, or be silent, since you apparently didn't want to hear anything I was saying on the forums in regards to your precious Emil. What the FUCK is wrong with you people?

Only until it gets posted upon another forum does it seem to begin to be attention-worthy. I have told you folks it doesn't all smell like roses and that I have been talking to people at Bethesda ever since Freaky Pete and Todd have been clowning around. Since, uh...about 2004? Shit, has it been that long already? And you think NOW is the time to act? I have pointed out a number of corrections to the "Bethesda hasn't told us anything" crap, only to have it ignored. I point out some additional facts along with VDweller, only to have it lost amidst the bullshit gripefest with him.

You know what? Enjoy. At least I know my copy will be complimentary, including shipping. :D

mick1965

Novice
Hey Rosh,

Given the way BestSoft used the dividing tactics with the Star Trek sites, don't you think they'll be relishing the in-fighting between the FO fans? Or are you saying that at this stage of development in FO3 we can no longer make a difference.

Mick

Rosh

Erudite
mick1965 said:
Hey Rosh,

Given the way BestSoft used the dividing tactics with the Star Trek sites, don't you think they'll be relishing the in-fighting between the FO fans?

Actually, the biggest laugh they'd probably be having is asking each other exactly who the fuck this "Kharn" guy is, among others, and why are they whining that Bethesda isn't talking to them on their own fansite when the fans haven't even bothered to e-mail Bethesda or otherwise try to get into contact with Bethesda first before whining.

I know that's what is giving me the biggest chuckle, when I've been trying to put a boot up NMA's collective ass for the last two years.

Also, there really isn't any infighting between the sites. There are those that do things right and contact Bethesda to clue themselves in, like RPGCodex and DAC, and then there are those that would rather just drame their lazy asses off while whining that Bethesda isn't talking to them as they expect to sit on their asses and be fed free info from people all over the development team.

One of these sites doesn't quite belong, one of these sites is quite fucked up. One of these sites is enjoying a load of publicity that has been pointing out their years of laziness.

Or are you saying that at this stage of development in FO3 we can no longer make a difference.

Mick

Maybe, maybe not. It depends if enough can be a force to convince Bethesda to do things right, or at least save what they can.

I want to make one thing clear - sitting on your ass solves nothing. Sitting on your ass and then whining because information hasn't fallen into your lap is just stupid.

Commissioner

Novice
The issue here is do you really think the people at Bethesda are capable of making a decent sequel to Fallout? You've already made it quite clear that you think Todd is an incompetent ass, if the project lead doesn't know jack what chance has the project got? True, if there are enough talented people on the team I'm sure they could somehow persuade him round to another viewpoint but are the designers sympathetic to the original design or are they just TES forum ode rites? Also is there anyone of the F3 design team with the cojones to stand up for the original design?

You’ve got to ask yourself whether the higher-ups at Bethesda had a good idea of what they wanted to do with the license from the very earliest stages of development. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were attempting to amalgamate two communities into one, the TES community by creating “Oblivion with guns” and the Fallout community by rescuing their beloved franchise from the death grip of Interplay. I don’t think they expected the extremely negative reaction from the Fallout community they received though.

Whatever has happened in the past, and you’re right, sitting on our asses ain’t gunna solve jack, I don’t think all this drama is going to help matters.

Rosh

Erudite
Commissioner said:
The issue here is do you really think the people at Bethesda are capable of making a decent sequel to Fallout?

Ever since they had to make excuses for doing what they do best, they publicly admitted that they were not intending to retain many of the honored aspects of Fallout.

You've already made it quite clear that you think Todd is an incompetent ass, if the project lead doesn't know jack what chance has the project got?

If the art lead and others have a bit of a clue, sure, wouldn't be a total disaster. If some people are encouraged to go off on their own shit over the art lead's head, there is little the lead can do. Unfortunately there at Bethesda, they seem to have this back-assward ranking system where the vets are the monkeys, and the Coffee Bitch is put into a Lead Design position.

True, if there are enough talented people on the team I'm sure they could somehow persuade him round to another viewpoint but are the designers sympathetic to the original design or are they just TES forum ode rites?

Not all left at Bethesda are industry newbs. Unfortunately, Bethesda is hiring a lot of industry newbs.

You’ve got to ask yourself whether the higher-ups at Bethesda had a good idea of what they wanted to do with the license from the very earliest stages of development. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were attempting to amalgamate two communities into one, the TES franchise by creating “Oblivion with guns” and the Fallout community by rescuing their beloved franchise from the death grip of Interplay. I don’t think they expected the extremely negative reaction from the Fallout community they received though.

Then they certainly hadn't seen the reaction to Chuck Cuevas. In fact, GluttonCreeper, the folks doing the "awficial" d20 version of Fallout, seem to believe that being compared to Chuck is A Good Thing. Given that some on the Bethesda team had trouble figuring out the difference between Fallout and Fallout Tactics...the stupid fucks were probably jacking off to the X-Box title instead.

Whatever has happened in the past, and you’re right, sitting on our asses ain’t gunna solve jack, I don’t think all this drama is going to help matters.

I disagree. It gets a lot of attention to the topic and may inspire people to do something, or at least put enough public pressure so that even the mainstream media whores are tired of lapping it up. Hey, it worked for F:POS, when Elara went noisily down onto her knees to start slurping like a good dog for Chuck. Waiting to be patted on the head, like NMA seems to believe, is just bullshit. Whining that you haven't been spoken to when you haven't even tried, is...wow. I'm lost for an adjective on that one.

So, maybe it might pry a few lazy asses from their comfy chairs to do something, maybe not. At least it puts a good amount of pressure all around.

mick1965

Novice
I want to make one thing clear - sitting on your ass solves nothing. Sitting on your ass and then whining because information hasn't fallen into your lap is just stupid.

I emailed BethSoft not long after they won the rights to FO3 to wish them luck, but it was before I knew much about them as a Game Dev. I actually got a reply from someone called Paris (hopefully not the Hilton skank) saying thanks, but got no further replies when I emailed back pointing out a few suggestions. Then again I was probably communicating with some low level monkey in the organisation.

Mick

PS. I must be half brain dead at the moment, but I can't figure out how to change "Quote" to "Rosh wrote". I'll look it up for next time though.

Rosh

Erudite
mick1965 said:
I emailed BethSoft not long after they won the rights to FO3 to wish them luck, but it was before I knew much about them as a Game Dev. I actually got a reply from someone called Paris (hopefully not the Hilton skank) saying thanks, but got no further replies when I emailed back pointing out a few suggestions. Then again I was probably communicating with some low level monkey in the organisation.

I never got much from their PR department. Irony! :D

PS. I must be half brain dead at the moment, but I can't figure out how to change "Quote" to "Rosh wrote". I'll look it up for next time though.

Use {quote="Name"} but with square brackets, of course.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Synthis Process Modeler is quite a great find for our uses, from plotting story paths to AI logic, and I recommend it as a development tool. Flowcharts rule as writing and development supplements, and I could only imagine what some of the Ultimas could have been if they had used this instead of sketched flow paths.

What I'm looking for is something I could write an entire game in text form, that has flow charts and has a way to set and auto check quest flags (it would point out my errors). So I figure it would need a simple programming language, as well as a flow chart and a text input capability.

Is that what you use Synthis Process Modeler for Rosh?

ratata

Novice
Kharn,Sander & thier little puppet Briasfreak=PWNED BY ROSH!!!! :hahano:
Its about time you 3 liberal douchebags get what you deserve, no home court advantage this time you damn NMA Forum Nazis!
Thanks Rosh, thats the point some of us were trying to make at NMA ...but of course we were banned for just stating the obvious!

Uh ohhh you better watch out now Rosh if provoked enough, Sander and Kharn just may go into an all out tantrum and call you a "nigger"! :hahano:

aries202

Erudite
Rosh (and others)

Do you really think that Bethesda Softworksactually listen to anything you say
regarding how you think they should be making FO 3 ?

I think not.

Bethesda aredoing what they do best, and are making the game they want to make, not the game any you want to see, make or play.

As for the realtime first person aspect of the game, I am not that worried. I'm more worried about the fact that Todd Howard once said: "Oblivion is going to be the most violent game ever."

And that he said something about the humour in Fallout 3, mentioning that he thinks
it is all about blowing people's arms & legs off, while getting a message in your pipboy showing a thumbs up.

This, too me, is a clear signal that neither Todd Howard, nor Bethesda Softworks,
know anything about the Fallout universe at all.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Commissioner said:
You've already made it quite clear that you think Todd is an incompetent ass, if the project lead doesn't know jack what chance has the project got?
Wasn't Emil Pagliarulo the project lead for FO3?

Commissioner

Novice
ratata said:
Kharn,Sander & thier little puppet Briasfreak=PWNED BY ROSH!!!! :hahano:
Its about time you 3 liberal douchebags get what you deserve, no home court advantage this time you damn NMA Forum Nazis!
Thanks Rosh, thats the point some of us were trying to make at NMA ...but of course we were banned for just stating the obvious!

Uh ohhh you better watch out now Rosh if provoked enough, Sander and Kharn just may go into an all out tantrum and call you a "nigger"! :hahano:

Ironically it was probably Rosh who banned you, probably because from the couple of posts you've made in this thread I can already tell you're an idiot.

Wasn't Emil Pagliarulo the project lead for FO3?

No, he's the lead designer. I suppose he's got as much influence as anyone though, technically he should have the most. As it turns out he seems content to slurp on Todd's cock when it comes to the direction Fallout 3 is taking. If what Rosh says is true then he hasn't put up a case for the original design at all, and if the lead designer ain't gunna do it then your already half-way up shit creek. Todd's official title is "Executive Producer", that means he's in charge of maximizing the profits the game makes, go figure.

Joe Krow

Erudite
Bradylama said:
Morrowind wasn't anything like that. Becoming the Nerevarine was a now-or-later decision, and reaching that goal was an entirely linear process that involved interaction with quest-givers and the accomplishment of the specific tasks they gave you.

It certainly didn't evolve as a "natural progression." The player character could have murdered every non-critical NPC in the gameworld and still become the Nerevarine. This is as opposed to becoming the Avatar, wich required very specific criteria for the player character, even though the player still had the freedom to ignore it.

If you're going to try and sound smart, at least know what the fuck you're talking about.

I used Ultima IV as an example of the gameplay I was describing. I said Morrowind had more of these qualities then Oblivion. It does. Learn to read.

Edit: To give an example- In Morrowind you could learn enough about the missing Dunmer (or whatever they were called... the dwarves) through reading the lore and talking to people to take it as your goal to investigate. No one gave you this quest but it was clearly included. These arbitrary "off the books" quests require a level of game world complexity rarely seen in rpgs today and virtually absent in dialogue driven games. Its all about subtlety. Oblivion had none of this as far as I can see.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
mick1965 said:
The forum provides a quote function which does this automatically, you know.
In the upper right corner of every post?

Bradylama

Arcane
Edit: To give an example- In Morrowind you could learn enough about the missing Dunmer (or whatever they were called... the dwarves) through reading the lore and talking to people to take it as your goal to investigate. No one gave you this quest but it was clearly included. These arbitrary "off the books" quests require a level of game world complexity rarely seen in rpgs today and virtually absent in dialogue driven games. Its all about subtlety. Oblivion had none of this as far as I can see.

On that same point, though, there's no tangible reward for learning about the Dunmer, it's a pure lore angle. The Player might as well have "roleplayed botanist" for all the good the Dunmer do him.

I'm saying that Morrowind is a shitty example of what you're looking for.

As it turns out he seems content to slurp on Todd's cock when it comes to the direction Fallout 3 is taking.

Not to mention that he stopped posting at NMA because he didn't want to be somewhere people would be "bashing his company."

ratata

Novice
Commissioner said:
Ironically it was probably Rosh who banned you, probably because from the couple of posts you've made in this thread I can already tell you're an idiot.:

No..try again you dumbfuck! Rosh wasnt even around when it happened he already quit long before then.! :roll:
Also if you did any research or was even around when Rosh was still posting there you would have noticed that instead of just cowardly banning people with a different opinion and even erasing thier post without warning. Rosh would always debate back and fourth giving people atleast a fair fight to justify thier opinions unlike some other liberal douchebags over thier .Let me guess your another puppet who was sent here to defend the douchebags?

Nice try though! :wink: NOW GTFO!:twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom