Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gloria Victis – medieval open world MMO RPG - now available on Early Access

Jogobogos

Black Eye Games
Developer
JogobogosRegarding the game, I think it would be useful for you if you stated how this game is different from every other sandboxy MMO from an indie company, which if we are honest, tend to fail at a pretty high clip (somewhere around 100%). How would you guys address various issues with this type of game, e.g. lack of PvE content, griefing that leads to empty servers, meaningful combat, content, etc.
Sure :)
  • Griefing - while GV features open PVP, the focus is put on 3-way factions war and we promote supporting your nation, while attacking allies is punished and may end in getting exiled. For instance, some time ago we added Mentor system which gives endgame players several bonuses for leveling newbies. The point is - PVP is one of the game's main pillars, along with territory control and player-driven economy, and we know that to have exciting PVP there must have be players, so there are many interdependencies in various systems to avoid griefing in long run.
  • Lack of PVE content - even thouh PVP is the core, we already have PVE content: classic quests, world events where you may encounter players from enemy factions and some dungeons. More to come of course but the base is already here.
  • Combat - let's say that it's quite uncommon for MMORPGs to have non-target combat, actually based on your own skills where you have to manually aim an attack, throw it from proper side (or even change sides to distract your enemy) and take care of correct timing. We do. :)
  • Content - as I said 2 points above, there's already a base for PVE, moreover GV features player-driven economy: the best swords don't drop from wolves but are crafted by players who put some effort to master specific craft. If you'll get into any larger guild, you'll be even able to just craft in the game, if that's what you'd like to do. We just added cooking branch, herbalism coming soon as well, and now we're thinking about other non-combat activities which could be added in next few updates (and we update the game weekly) - framing, fishing etc. And that's why we're reaching out to players, to see what they'd like to do in such game when taking a break from breaking skulls with some shiny poleaxe. :)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Combat - let's say that it's quite uncommon for MMORPGs to have non-target combat. We do. :)
Sorry to burst your bubble but literally everyone's doing it today. From pathetic shit like Project Genom to glorified shit like Life is Feudal. Everyone.

And what's more, where have you even seen an mmo with first person perspective or over-the-shoulder perspective that does target-based combat? Nowhere. Update your forum copy-paste forums manual.
Just another bot with PR talk coming out of his mouth.

Cons:
- Characters, animations, UI, gameplay and the general feel is that of an ancient turd, like it was released 15 years ago.
Pros:
- Nature assets are ok, for Unity that is.

ADL

Prophet
There is a sale currently on indiegala. I'm gonna buy it because i'm craving for a new mmo to play. Anyone else is playing the game?
I login pretty sporadically but when I do it is fun and worth the $$ if you're willing to tolerate performance issues and jank. It used to be a lot worse before the animation update. Doing the dev a favor posting these because the OP doesn't reflect the game today at all.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
There is a sale currently on indiegala. I'm gonna buy it because i'm craving for a new mmo to play. Anyone else is playing the game?
I login pretty sporadically but when I do it is fun and worth the $$ if you're willing to tolerate performance issues and jank. It used to be a lot worse before the animation update. Doing the dev a favor posting these because the OP doesn't reflect the game today at all.

Little question, i bought the game and tried arena a bit, but couldnt manage to win a single duel, especially since i found people circling around me and making hits impossible to block. How to counter this?

ADL

Prophet

Little question, i bought the game and tried arena a bit, but couldnt manage to win a single duel, especially since i found people circling around me and making hits impossible to block. How to counter this?

Honestly I don't know because I do the big siege battles, not 1v1. Only thing I can recommend is the ol' "the best defense is a good offense"

Sykar

Arcane
What Comrade Monacuse Said, as to screans have nothing against tasteful nudity as long as is done in realistic contects... Like being attacked or arrested for showing to much skin in public. Good to see there's no Chain Bikinis nonsense.

I see nothing wrong with bikinis of any kind!
6816a2b710376f0bed77cccccd32577d--cosplay-women-cosplay-girls.jpg

Edit: just noticed that this was from 2012. This is some serious
:necro:

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
What Comrade Monacuse Said, as to screans have nothing against tasteful nudity as long as is done in realistic contects... Like being attacked or arrested for showing to much skin in public. Good to see there's no Chain Bikinis nonsense.

I see nothing wrong with bikinis of any kind!
6816a2b710376f0bed77cccccd32577d--cosplay-women-cosplay-girls.jpg

Edit: just noticed that this was from 2012. This is some serious
:necro:
The game is still alive

Zariusz

Arbiter
Apparently this game left early access few months ago, last time i touched this was long time ago, performance and internet connection problems were quite annoying and i forgot about it because of those. I remember i liked general aesthetics, Gothic references and few great tracks made for this by Przybyłowicz, very Witcher 3 sounding. Though i heard many voices saying that this game is bad.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Apparently this game left early access few months ago, last time i touched this was long time ago, performance and internet connection problems were quite annoying and i forgot about it because of those. I remember i liked general aesthetics, Gothic references and few great tracks made for this by Przybyłowicz, very Witcher 3 sounding. Though i heard many voices saying that this game is bad.

the game is the best mmorpg in today market ( not to say that is high bar). very skill- based and immersive. it has a high learning curve and it is full pvp with partial loot. so getting in a nice guild is mandatory. i had a lot of fun with GV

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

the game is the best mmorpg in today market ( not to say that is high bar). very skill- based and immersive. it has a high learning curve and it is full pvp with partial loot. so getting in a nice guild is mandatory. i had a lot of fun with GV

I faintly remember reading about this abortion over a decade ago, looking at the kickstarter campaign and then actively forgetting about it. Rightfully so. Partial loot, my ass. The usual problems that appear when inexperienced developers without a deeper understanding of the matter try their hand on something that explodes both their technical and cognitive ability. Again I am left thinking to myself why don't they try doing a fun arena shooter first? Or if that's too hard at least something like Legacy of Kain or the weeabo 'soulslike' trash that is all the rage these days. Then do a sequel to that and afterwards expand to this 'Massive' thing.

Best MMORPG on the market, all things considered, is probably Albion Online. Yes, that developer is also clueless design wise but they've at least got their tech under control.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected

I faintly remember reading about this abortion over a decade ago, looking at the kickstarter campaign and then actively forgetting about it. Rightfully so. Partial loot, my ass. The usual problems that appear when inexperienced developers without a deeper understanding of the matter try their hand on something that explodes both their technical and cognitive ability. Again I am left thinking to myself why don't they try doing a fun arena shooter first? Or if that's too hard at least something like Legacy of Kain or the weeabo 'soulslike' trash that is all the rage these days. Then do a sequel to that and afterwards expand to this 'Massive' thing.

Best MMORPG on the market, all things considered, is probably Albion Online. Yes, that developer is also clueless design wise but they've at least got their tech under control.

you seem not to have played the game, and now are ranting about something you only heard about.
Albion is too grindy and it has very boring combat ( still fun but nothing compared to directional skill based combat(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom