Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Glorious PC gaming master race

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I think you'll find that PCs were much better before gaming turned them into mainstream handholding entertainshit and ruined their purity of form and purpose.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO SORRY THEY DUMBED DOWN INTELLIVISION AND C64 AWESOMENESS THANKS AGAIN PCTARDS

pipka

Savant
MetalCraze said:
baronjohn said:
Just because you're too dumb for Linux doesn't mean others are too.

Yes you need to be special to use several DVDs of code that can't do anything but showing web-pages and playing music instead of an actual OS that can do everything.
Apparently you don't know how to code. Pretty pathetic. User friendly != idiot friendly.

baronjohn

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
baronjohn said:
Just because you're too dumb for Linux doesn't mean others are too.

Yes you need to be special to use several DVDs of code that can't do anything but showing web-pages and playing music instead of an actual OS that can do everything.
Linux just doesn't scale to your level. You're too popamole. Stay with your Wintendo.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yes being unable to use professional software and play games to which this forum dedicated (among other limitations) clearly shows superiority over OS which can do all of the above and more.

Sometimes I don't know which are more retarded - Linux or Mac fanboi.
Well ok Mac retards also believe that their hardware is special. On the other hand MacOS isn't as utterly useless as Linux.

baronjohn

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Yes being unable to use professional software and play games to which this forum dedicated (among other limitations) clearly shows superiority over OS which can do all of the above and more.

Well ok Mac retards also believe that their hardware is special. On the other hand MacOS isn't as utterly useless as Linux.
Well Linux totally dominates on phones, appliances, servers and supercomputers. But I like how you call it 'useless' because your popamole brain is too small to figure out WINE so you can run your wintendo games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Linux doesn't dominate on servers.
You wanted to say Unix.

And where are all these supercomputers that dedicate their clusters of CPUs to run the web-browser?

But I like how you call it 'useless' because your popamole brain is too small to figure out WINE so you can run your wintendo games.

Yes you need to figure out your WINE before running the game. Then you need to figure out how to run the game in WINE. Then you need to figure out how to do this without bugs. Provided the game will even run there.

Meanwhile at Windows:

*double-click* YEEAAAAA-

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
MetalCraze said:

Skyway, you are too popamole to appreciate the power of Linux. Even though you don't see it work on your trash comp, it works everywhere, of thousands upon thousands of web-servers, and for good reason. The system in its architecture is simply awesome, secure, stable and fucking free.

Your whining is based solely on the fact that you can't play so many games on it... Well that's maybe because Linux versions were not created with games in mind, they have greater uses by far. And even then if you are not a dumbfuck you can play anything worthwhile there, especially in this age of decline when, as you yourself repeatedly stress, there is nothing new worth playing.

And that you can't enjoy your favourite Kotor and Arma there... it only proves how shitty and badly coded these games are :roll:

baronjohn

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Linux doesn't dominate on servers.
You wanted to say Unix.
Bullshit. There is no UNIX any more other than BSD which is a fart in the ocean compared to RHEL.

MetalCraze said:
And where are all these supercomputers that dedicate their clusters of CPUs to run the web-browser?
http://www.top500.org/stats/list/36/osfam :D

MetalCraze said:
Yes you need to figure out your WINE before running the game. Then you need to figure out how to run the game in WINE. Then you need to figure out how to do this without bugs. Provided the game will even run there.

Meanwhile at Windows:

*double-click* YEEAAAAA-
Typical consoletard arguments. I think you need to come out of the closet and buy yourself an Xbox, then you can just pop in a disc and not have to worry about drivers, updates, upgrades or any of that :obviously: shit

MetalCraze

Arcane
The system in its architecture is simply awesome, secure, stable

So is Windows

and fucking free
Actually this is the only reason why Linux is used. And even then it's questionable because some Linux builds (see that's another problem - different builds, need different versions of the same shit for each build) are mostly free for personal non-commercial use.

Well that's maybe because Linux versions were not created with games in mind, they have greater uses by far.
Windows has even greater uses and more of them.

Linux is utterly useless at anything else but internets - admit it. Or give examples where else it can dominate.

And even then if you are not a dumbfuck you can play anything worthwhile there, especially in this age of decline when, as you yourself repeatedly stress, there is nothing new worth playing.
Let me guess - if something doesn't work on Linux, especially software made for other OS, it's immediately worthle-

And that you can't enjoy your favourite Kotor and Arma there... it only proves how shitty and badly coded these games are

:lol:

There is no UNIX any more other than BSD
Big difference!

http://www.top500.org/stats/list/36/osfam
Oh look some chart without any links that treats Unix as 3 different families - especially BSD and Unix as different families. The authority is unquestionable

Typical consoletard arguments. I think you need to come out of the closet and buy yourself an Xbox, then you can just pop in a disc and not have to worry about drivers, updates, upgrades or any of that :obviously: shit

Baaaw you don't spend more time trying to make the game run than playing it you are a popamole consoletard baaaw

baronjohn

Cipher
Go back to your popamole ArmA and stop arguing about things you know nothing about.

DraQ

Arcane
baronjohn said:
MetalCraze said:

Meanwhile at Windows:

*double-click* YEEAAAAA-

Achilles

Arcane
The console-pc comparison is nothing at all like the win-linux one. When you game on PC you trade off a bit of simplicity for better performance, more options and better image quality, as well as the benefit of playing games not available on consoles. On the other hand, a gamer has zero incentive to choose linux over windows.

I wish things were different, I really do as I would love to break free from Microsoft's grasp, but the sad truth is that Linux is not a viable choice for a gamer. Maybe it will be in the future. For now, it isn't.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The only reason Linux is free is because nobody will pay for it for reasons I've mentioned (it's useless). From user's perspective of course. For commercial use it isn't really free already.

If Linux was in Windows' place you would see the same "evil corporation" making as much money as possible with it.

Windows just provides much more freedom for everyone at what they can do. The best you can do with Linux is rely on shitty open-source scene with next-to-zero support. On Windows you can have both that and professional software.

But hey man Linux makes me speshul - I do a lot of unneeded shit I wouldn't be doing in Windows to achieve the exactly same thing - that means... Windows users are stoopid

baronjohn

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
The only reason Linux is free is because nobody will pay for it for reasons I've mentioned (it's useless). From user's perspective of course. For commercial use it isn't really free already.
http://www.redhat.com/rhel/purchasing_guide.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat

Revenue increase US$ 748.23 million (2010)[3]
Net income US$ 87.25 million (2010)[3]
Total assets US$ 1.870 billion (2010)[3]
Total equity US$ 1.111 billion (2010)[3]

:hmmm:

MetalCraze said:
Windows users are stoopid
Well, you are, anyway.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hahahah they charge money for a limited time license and don't even provide support (e.g. "Self-support"). How typical.

And you say "Micro$oft is evil"

baronjohn

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Hahahah they charge money for a limited time license and don't even provide support (e.g. "Self-support"). How typical.

And you say "Micro$oft is evil"
Actually, the self-support option is basically a donation to RH, since if you don't need their support, you can always use...

www.centos.org said:
CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor. CentOS conforms fully with the upstream vendors redistribution policy and aims to be 100% binary compatible. (CentOS mainly changes packages to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork.) CentOS is free.

CentOS is developed by a small but growing team of core developers. In turn the core developers are supported by an active user community including system administrators, network administrators, enterprise users, managers, core Linux contributors and Linux enthusiasts from around the world.

spekkio

Arcane
Skyway talking out of his ass and having his ass handed back to him... AGAIN?

34943698397921077715.jpg

"ZOMG I can't play mah KOTOR or run my dear PhotoShop or Office on Linux - what a shitty OS".
Because everything that people do on PCs are gaming and shoops... :roll:
Glorious PC gaming master race right here...

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yes you donate $350 so they will take your license away a year later. You gotta love Linux-user "logic"

CentOS is developed by a small but growing team of core developers.

Meaning no tech-support again and updates on "when it's done" basis.

In turn the core developers are supported by an active user community including system administrators, network administrators, enterprise users, managers, core Linux contributors and Linux enthusiasts from around the world.

Yeah jeez you can find a lot of those on any OS dedicated forums.

spekkio said:
Because everything that people do on PCs are gaming and shoops...
2 things more than only browsing internets.

baronjohn

Cipher
No, RHEL is 100% free software, except the trademarked artwork (logos, etc).

CentOS is just RHEL with different logos.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
While I agree that Lisux is inferior to WindowsXP, especially as a gaming platform, saying that it's useless is a pretty stupid hyperbole. I use it mainly for work and for gaming and I rarely have trouble with it (when I get trouble, it gets pretty infuriating, though.)

baronjohn said:
MetalCraze said:

Meanwhile at Windows:

*double-click* YEEAAAAA-
A lot of games that I have played on Wine get some display bugs or a big performance hit and a lot of others doesn't work. Then you get regressions - I can't use new versions of Wine because it completely fucked up performance of several games that I play.
Still enough of them works for me to not buy Windows.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
MetalCraze said:
The system in its architecture is simply awesome, secure, stable

So is Windows

In after Linux. Remeber those beautiful BSODs in Win98, anyone?

and fucking free
Actually this is the only reason why Linux is used. And even then it's questionable because some Linux builds (see that's another problem - different builds, need different versions of the same shit for each build) are mostly free for personal non-commercial use.

You know jack shit about Linux, don't you?

Well that's maybe because Linux versions were not created with games in mind, they have greater uses by far.
Windows has even greater uses and more of them.

Linux is utterly useless at anything else but internets - admit it. Or give examples where else it can dominate.

Internets alone would be enough. But if by Internetz you mean only web-browsing you are so terribly, terribly wrong. Btw, you just proved you really know jack shit about Linux.

And even then if you are not a dumbfuck you can play anything worthwhile there, especially in this age of decline when, as you yourself repeatedly stress, there is nothing new worth playing.
Let me guess - if something doesn't work on Linux, especially software made for other OS, it's immediately worthle-

And that you can't enjoy your favourite Kotor and Arma there... it only proves how shitty and badly coded these games are

:lol:

:lol: indeed bro. It seems so funny to me that the guy who sees :decline: at every corner finished Kotor 11 times. :lol:

There is no UNIX any more other than BSD
Big difference!

Baaaw you don't spend more time trying to make the game run than playing it you are a popamole consoletard baaaw

Sorry bro, Linux is too :obviously: for you. Linux is not the system where you press A click and something awesome happens. It is system for professionals untainted by :decline:

Your only argument Skyway is that Windows is more convenient for the user. So is XBawks incidentally. The price you pay for it is losing control over what your computer is doing completely. Of course this may not seem important for a casual gamer such as yourself, but it is a big deal for programers, developers and such like.

Linux let's you do more but the problem is by having more options you lose accessibility cause you have to think about different options Windows configures for you by default... and won't let you change even if you shat blocks of gold. Yes, this is a big deal.

http://www.top500.org/stats/list/36/osfam
Oh look some chart without any links that treats Unix as 3 different families - especially BSD and Unix as different families. The authority is unquestionable

This data seems to be legitimate. You know why skyway? Because supercomputers are by definition used for big huge computations. You know, the kind of utilised in academia, science or economy research. Apart of that they are sure to be rebuild with non-standard hardware requiring non-standard drivers to operate. So, because of their pioneer nature they require tremendous flexibility and I am sorry to say Windows with its functionality, even the server, experimental versions are shit at that. One reason is that Microsoft never released full documentation for the system and it keeps it classified even to its partners... and letting big fucking corporation unconstrained access to your research just so they can tailor system to your needs is fucking :retarded: if not simply logistically not feasible. Second, if Linux system meets my basic requirements I can build upon it however I like, not worrying about copyrights, liebels and such as the core of Linux is free no matter what.

This is certainly the greatest asset of Linux - unlimited freedom of use, modification and distribution. No it's not just being free. The "free" part makes whole world of difference. Firstly, it creates competition which is ALWAYS a good thing. Secondly, it allows for progress which we could see in e.g. Windows 7 blatantly coping Linux's features. Thirdly it let's you do the same stuff as the competition and even more... provided you know what you are doing... and for FREE!!

I concede that Windows is better for day to day needs. Its server releases are great in business environments as well. But it is not surprising when Windows is a product of a company having uniform backing from other huge corporations who Nazi everyone around. Hence, better drivers, libraries, hardware support and all for the said companies' products, not because of technological superiority. And here lies the crux of it all. You argue your case saying that Windows has more software, but that does not mean the system itself is better but that Microsoft has much more vibrant aggressive marketing policy. That my friend, is no problem for a huge international corporation, but certainly is for smaller Linux developers.

Which only proves that Windows is a dumbed-down streamlined utility for masses whereas Linux is for truly :monocle: users who know jack shit about computers.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Mrowak said:
Sorry bro, Linux is too :obviously: for you. Linux is not the system where you press A click and something awesome happens. It is system for professionals untainted by :decline:

Actually linux is just that. Whenever you click on something you never know what the fuck is going to happen next... :smug:

Luigi

Barely Literate
skyway got you by the balls lawl

KOTOR ROCKS! FUCK YEAH!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
On my desktop

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom