Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Go work at BioWare

denizsi

Arcane
Balor said:
Of course they do. It's called 'Islam'. Does severe, permanent brain damage, that results in delusions, paranoia, increased aggressiveness and halves one's IQ.
However, it's rather hypocritical of USA to blame Iran for that, cause they have their own version of this, called 'Christianity'. It milder, but still sports pretty much the same symptoms.

Definitely milder that they have no problem actually doing what's feared of other countries to do. Being world's superpower does that, I guess.

There's a good chance *we*'ll be the ones "posing a threat to freedom and democracy" in 5-10 years, or I'm being paranoid and delusive, living in such an "islamic" hole, for taking Michael Mukasey's (Attorney General of US) "friendly" warning that Al-Qaeda has chosen Turkey as its new operation base. The time of this statement is especially interesting that it coincides with islamists' recent political rise.

suleo

Scholar
That's cool, considering you'll also have a couple of nuclear power plants operational (in seismic regions too) by that time...
:conspiracy:

denizsi

Arcane
Nuclear power plants aren't anything new for us, but I can imagine US making it to be so. Anyway, I think a new government completely restructured around islam, with new public regulations to force islamic life styles would be more than enough to feed it to the world.

Our islamist prime minister has been even backing up some arab motherfucker who's been declared by US and UN to be one of the prime sources financing Al-Qaeda and Hamas. All his estates and shit in Turkey were initially confiscated as per international agreements, but this motherfucker came out and said that he's a good friend of his and he'd take his word more than anybody else's. Then when he couldn't get it done legally, he got the involved state officers removed and placed his own men for a second inspection.

Shit like this related only to the ruling few will get us all screwed.

beaver pelting?

WAIT - they PAY you to pelt beavers in Canada???? Call the chamber of commerce, cause I'm about to undercut the market. My team and I will 'pelt' any beaver you want to present (though I'll be angry if turns out to be one of thoe fictitious mammals with large teeth that gnaw wood, although so long as we get a surchage I won't rule it out just yet). For customers who want female-only attention to their beaver I think I could even scrounge up some beaver-pelting-ladies I know. Why get some amateur to pelt beavers for free, when our true professionals armed with our Nerdob-Presentation-Maturak-E-JackYOU-Lation (or short, nerd PreMatureEjaculation) gets the job done quickly each time.

...but on a less Retardoland note, there's no sense in berating someone for going allout for a Bioware job just because we personally don't like some of their games. If they're serious about wanting game-creation to be their career, then it is an obvious and extremely important goal. I love and support indie developers, but running that kind of small business is not for everyone. There's a hell of a difference between being an indie developer that codes in his spare time, but has some other lucrative dayjob that pays the bills (and which prevents you from being fulltime dedicated to your product), and actually trying to make a living and pay the mortgage/rent, while keeping kids in school etc all through your tiny gaming studio. Many - I'd say MOST - people do not have their mental toughness, the financial capacity, the lack of responsibilities such as kids, the willpower and the work effort to run a PROFESSIONAL FULL-TIME indie development company.
- Analogy time- there are many professions and jobs where, frankly, graduates get zero choice about where they can get their first job. That certainly was the case with my first professional job. We have a glut of law grads in Australia - there are 4 times as many law students as there are lawyers (cause every blockhead uni administration wants to start up a fricken law school 'for the prestige' and because idiot kids and their parents think that being a lawyer is a icence to print money, when in reality it is low employment in the early years and never makes the kind of money that engineers do), and in WA only 1/3 of law students actually manage to get employed as lawyers upon graduating. So you just take whatever job you can get post graduation, and be darn glad that you didn't miss out. So it is often a matter of necessity for the left-wing civil libertarian legal activist to spend their first few years working for a big 'evil' commercial litigation firm, whilst the guy that WANTS to work for the big commercial firm starts out working for some government-funded anti-discrimination centre. No-one looks down on either, that's just the truth of the market. The reason why I bring this up is because from what I've read (and I've never worked in game development, so I could be COMPLETELY wrong) their employment market works in exactly the same way. You get a job ANYWHERE and are darn grateful for it, and then in 4 or 5 yeras, once you've got enough experience to be genuinely valuable, THEN you leave and get a job with the company that you WANT to work for.
- even if your dream is to make pure game-as-art classics, or you want to be a niche developer to a small but loyal and lovable set of fans, working at Bioware, and learning to make games for the mainstream in a polished professional setting seems like rather good training to me.

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
POOPERSCOOPER said:
The stewart of the codex must step down and the king must take his place.

Didn't that already happen on the-day-we-don't-talk-about-any-more?

@Saint: Welcome back home, master of all things. I'm eager to hear about your opinion towards Sacred 2.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Re: beaver pelting?

Azrael the cat said:
there's no sense in berating someone for going allout for a Bioware job just because we personally don't like some of their games. If they're serious about wanting game-creation to be their career, then it is an obvious and extremely important goal.

Actually, I was making fun of Canada. If I wanted to make fun of BioWare, I'd break my "No console rule" and post about them working on a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG.

Solaris

Scholar
I'll pass....winters are too harsh in Canada, unlike here in the tropical UK :P

sheek

Arbiter
And it's not even in Toronto or Vancouver, it's in Edmonton... even colder.

kris

Arcane
I only know that the Canadian girls I met in Mexico pretty much all were top class. For some reason they all came from Edmonton too, which is reason enough for me to apply for this job.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
sheek said:
And it's not even in Toronto or Vancouver, it's in Edmonton... even colder.
Only in the winter.

Alberta can get pretty damned hot in the summer.

I know this because I live1 1/2 hours south of Edmonton :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom