Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Alchemist

Arcane
Interesting sale - one question - if you click Buy Now do you secure your copy or do you have to complete the whole checkout process to get it?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Master of Orion for free. I imagine when a free game shows up, thousands of people click on gog simultaniously.

Gord

Arcane
Wow, that 80 free copies of Moo2 were gone fast.
I clicked it myself before I remembered that I already own it...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This has backfired spectacularly. It was fun to watch at first, waiting to see if anything I'm interested in would come up, but after missing several sales because of either the "too may connections" or the "sorry sale already gone" messages I realized that every game I want is a game that another several thousands also want, and that I'll never get any of them because their server cannot handle it. Missing out because they sell so quickly (the freebies) is fine. Missing out because I keep getting the server crash page for a minute or more, until the sale IS then actually gone, makes me realize I have better things to do with my time.

Meh.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Interesting sale - one question - if you click Buy Now do you secure your copy or do you have to complete the whole checkout process to get it?

I have NWN Diamond Edition on checkout and still can proceed while the sales moved on to another item, so it could be just counting whether 'Buy Now' button has been successfully pressed (processing Paypal).

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This has backfired spectacularly. It was fun to watch at first, waiting to see if anything I'm interested in would come up, but after missing several sales because of either the "too may connections" or the "sorry sale already gone" messages I realized that every game I want is a game that another several thousands also want, and that I'll never get any of them because their server cannot handle it. Missing out because they sell so quickly (the freebies) is fine. Missing out because I keep getting the server crash page for a minute or more, until the sale IS then actually gone, makes me realize I have better things to do with my time.

Meh.

Yeah that's pretty lame.

Still I got a few games that I wanted to buy, and also a couple to gift around so personally I'm pretty satisfied with this sale.

The concept does suck though, and so does GOG's server capacity.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

Meh.

I only got the server crash when I tried for some free games,not when I bought a game,you must be unlucky

Gord

Arcane
Wow, there are still people out there that don't own TWitcher 2?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
This is a pretty interesting idea - too bad I already have most of the games I'm interested in on GOG. Or, well, maybe not that bad as it seems near impossible to actually nab something at the speed this is going. :P

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who are these people that do not have Ultima VII.
:oops: And I didn't buy it now, because I'm not interested in it! You hear me Codex, I said it out loud!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom