Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Do the original developers get any money from GOG purchases or just the publishers? If the developers don't get anything then i don't understand why anybody would choose GOG (or steam) over TPB.

I am no expert on the gaming industry but I figure they get paid while developing the games and the revenue goes to the publisher after the game is released. Then the publisher would front the money for another game if the previous title sold well. Nowadays, this might be a tad different since digital distribution is starting to take over retail.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
A new GOG insomnia sale is on,bring out your coffe makers and let's to see who can click faster boys and girls...

mkRmmc4.jpg

http://af.gog.com/frontpage?as=1649904300

400 copies of Arcanum are up for 75% off right now

P.S. I assume that if there are free copies this time too,they will be gone in under 0,5 seconds again,le sigh

P.S. 2. I hope they have some copies of Jack Keane and Omerta on sale this time too so we can get a little sleep

Last edited by a moderator:

Endemic

Arcane
I'll pass, I have pretty much everything I want from GOG at this point until a new release shows up.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
There are a lot of things I still want, but I'm not going to waste my time on this shitty sale again.

Wasteland 2
Sit all day to maybe get a game you're interested in, with the same discount as in any other sale, where you can jast buy stuff without wasting time... what is wrong with you people ?
It blows my mind, that it actually works and there were tons of people, codex included, that just kept checking the site all day and discussing it on the forums.

Artificial scarcity itself is not a problem, it's not much different to artificially time limited sale offer, just give all the titles on sale at once and be done with it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://af.gog.com/news/special_promo_spring_insomnia_promo?as=1649904300

The Insomnia Promo was different. Very, very different. It morphed into something beyond our wildest expectations. Entire communities were staying awake for this sale. The RPG Codex was busily snapping up and all classic RPGs. 4chan's very own /v/ put aside their usual bickering about which console was best and started trying to find The Pattern (sorry guys, you didn't crack it :^) ). Meanwhile, Jack Keane acquired a cult following (JACK IS LOVE! JACK IS LIFE!) all the while collecting a flurry of 5 star reviews where gamers documented all sorts of miraculous manifestations of Jack's blessing in their lives. Lastly, the Insomnia promo garnered its own entry on our wishlist.

:lol:

However, you have to be fast, faster than those Polish script kiddies*** lurking outside our offices so they can get 0.1 ms of ping!

We did change things up a bit this year. While checking out, keep an eye peeled for a random chance to get a free game. Yes, this time there will be no more split second freebies so everyone has an equal chance :)

Good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
However, you have to be fast, faster than those Polish script kiddies*** lurking outside our offices so they can get 0.1 ms of ping!

We did change things up a bit this year. While checking out, keep an eye peeled for a random chance to get a free game. Yes, this time there will be no more split second freebies so everyone has an equal chance :)

I hadn't noticed that,so I don't need to have an FTTH directly linked to their servers to get a free game this time?:incline:

P.S. Citisen Keane 4life

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Isn't the earlier Insomnia sale was prelude to some big release, like System Shock 2 or something?
Because there was news about Night Dive getting NOLF rights to release.
Coincidence? I think not.

Keshik

Arcane
People are buying Inviisble War...strange. Well, as long as the sale marches on.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sit all day to maybe get a game you're interested in, with the same discount as in any other sale, where you can jast buy stuff without wasting time... what is wrong with you people ?
It blows my mind, that it actually works and there were tons of people, codex included, that just kept checking the site all day and discussing it on the forums.

Artificial scarcity itself is not a problem, it's not much different to artificially time limited sale offer, just give all the titles on sale at once and be done with it.
85% sales are not that common, that's why people watch this insomnia sale.

Tigranes

Arcane
Picked up King's Quest 4,5,6 for $2.50. I expect there's very little left I want to get on GOG, besides 'new' releases like Eschalon 3 or even Papers, Please.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They advertised Arcanum in their e-mail but it's not on sale.
I'm unsubscribing from their lying scumbag email ads now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
e-mail contained arcanum, dragon commander, shadowrun and leisure suit larry. besides the latter, those are all p cool titles. so why do they only put indie german shovelware on sale?

"entomorph" 300 copies not a fucking soul buying any. GG gog great sale.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm sure it's a decent enough game, but they won't be able to sell those copies before spring ends.

edit: they fixed the price now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom