Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Picked up the Kyrandia point and clickers along with Divinity 2 Super Amazeballs Edition, which I had elsewhere in pitiful common man edition.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Waiting for NWN 2 discount. But if it don't appear by the time I finish Dark Souls, I go full price and play the shit out of MOtB:yeah:

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
GOG is selling the following games for "up to 80% off":

http://af.gog.com/promo/strategy_games_weekend_promo_250414?as=1649904300

Age of Wonders: $3
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic: $5
Age of Wonders 2: $5
Battle Realms and Winter Wolf: $4
King of Dragon Pass: $2.40
Overlord w/ Raising Hell Expansion: $4
Cossacks Anthology: $2.40
Nexus: $4
Uplink: $1.20
DEFCON: $2
Darwinia: $2
Multiwinia: $2
Galactic Civilizations 1: $4
Fragile Alliance: $2.40
American Conquest Fight Back: $2.40
Eador Genesis: $2.40
Zafehouse Diaries: $4
Heroes of Annihilated Empires: $4

Out of the above games, I've played but never beat King of Dragon Pass and Uplink. At their price I have to say that King of Dragon Pass is a steal. I liked Uplink fine enough, but there is a sort of 'permadeath' in the game. Normally I like that sort of thing, especially in rogue-likes such as ADOM and Zangband, but the problem with Uplink is that there isn't enough variance to each new game to keep it interesting, so having to start all over actually kills the fun. Still, it's an interesting game and you can't go wrong for a little more than a dollar. I'm going to pick up Battle Realms since it has Five Stars on GOG and people here seem to like it. Anyone else want to make some recommendations from this list?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyeball

Arcane
Sudeki looks extremely interesting to me, apart from its crapass manga art direction.

Is it strictly linear or is there any kind of sidequesting or free roam? Can you build your character into more than a hackyslashy sword dude?

belated

Augur
Of the weekend promo I'm only missing Battle Realms, Nexus and the Introversion games. I guess Battle Realms is a must, but not sure if I'll get any of the others. (Especially since I have the other 5 on Steam...)

catfood

AGAIN
Pretty much. AOWSM makes AOW2 obsolete. AOW2 is only worth getting if you want to play the campaing, and even then I think there's a mod somewhere which ports it to SM.

EDIT: the gameplay of AOW1 is significantly different enough to consider purchasing it.

Misconnected

Savant
Ok, A question to fair Codexers: Which part of AoW2 should I chose? Since I'm poor ATM I can buy only one.

I'd play them in order. All the games hold up really well, and form a single fairly coherent storyline. Starting from the beginning is going to be the most rewarding way to play them.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Pretty much. AOWSM makes AOW2 obsolete. AOW2 is only worth getting if you want to play the campaing, and even then I think there's a mod somewhere which ports it to SM.

EDIT: the gameplay of AOW1 is significantly different enough to consider purchasing it.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Of the weekend promo I'm only missing Battle Realms, Nexus and the Introversion games. I guess Battle Realms is a must, but not sure if I'll get any of the others. (Especially since I have the other 5 on Steam...)
Nexus is awesome. Nothing out there quite like it. And for a ten year old game, it looks stunning.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I guess I'll get Anvil of Dawn for $2, even though I will surely never really play it.

Is HoMM5 worth $8?

Eyeball

Arcane
TOTE is easily worth that, it's a good game.

Anvil of Dawn is worth about 100$.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom