Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Get over yourself, just a few posts ago you were bragging about how you bought the game even though you already had it. If someone is a dumfuck here it's you, I mean seriously, what kind of stupid fuck buys abandonware? Moralfags and really old people?

Bruticis

I don't think you know what abandonware is (hint, it's a made up term).

Cassidy

Arcane
Paying for something you already bought and arguing it's not only cool but right?

I could build a complex argument on how retarded it is but considering the way cretinism makes one unable to see his own idiocy as he sugar-coats it into corporate-sanctioned "morality" I'll just say we had a prime example of the following:

hurr_durr.jpg

Idiots who act self-righteously to not feel post-purchase guilt like Bruticis are the reason why we get day 1 DLC and online activation DRM pirates will break in a couple of weeks instead of nice things.

Bruticis

Why would a dumb fuck like you even post in this thread if you have no interest in GOG games? Oh right, you want those KKKodex points. You get bonus points for inserting an image too, bravo!

Chuck Norris

Augur
Topware games ( Earth 2140, Earth 2150, Earth 2160, Two Worlds: Epic Edition, Septerra Core, Knights and Merchants, Dream Pinball 3D, Gorky 17, Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure , Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire ) 50% off this weekend. Also 7th guest became available.

catfood

AGAIN
Topware games ( Earth 2140, Earth 2150, Earth 2160, Two Worlds: Epic Edition, Septerra Core, Knights and Merchants, Dream Pinball 3D, Gorky 17, Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure , Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire ) 50% off this weekend. Also 7th guest became available.

Any of these worth it? Already played K&M (still playing at the moment actually).

I remember playing Earth 2150 way back when it came out but my PC back then was too shit to run it properly so I never played it all that much.

Chuck Norris

Augur
Any of these worth it? Already played K&M (still playing at the moment actually).

I remember playing Earth 2150 way back when it came out but my PC back then was too shit to run it properly so I never played it all that much.

Gorky 17 is the best choice among those if you don't mind a real challenge. Jack Orlando is good if you are in mood for an adventure game. JA2: Wildfire is a no brainer if you are a fan of the original game.

Repressed Homosexual
Gorky 17 is intensely frustrating because of the resource management, it's very easy to play for a relatively long while and then realize you have to start all over again because you're out of ammo/weapons.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
+1 for Gorky 17, but I wouldn't say it's so hard, I mean I completed it when I was 10 or 11, so let's not praise this game for being challenging, but it is fun. Also has a good story (at least I remember so, but I was 10 or 11 and I could be more easily amazed).

Captain Shrek

Janjetina. Explain to me the following:

What is the nature of contract that the developers make with the publishers? Do these contracts guarantee the royalties?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
+1 for Gorky 17, but I wouldn't say it's so hard, I mean I completed it when I was 10 or 11, so let's not praise this game for being challenging, but it is fun. Also has a good story (at least I remember so, but I was 10 or 11 and I could be more easily amazed).

Well, the story is kinda fun, as in a bad B-movie fun complete with silly voice acting. Else, it is kinda challenging at the start since you need to know the best ways to dispose of the beasties while conserving ammo and other supplies. It also has some arbitrary rules, like some weapons can only fire in a straight line, some can also fire in diagonals. It didn't disturb me because that's how the game made the rules and stayed consistent with them, but I know that some people were incredibly bothered by that and wanted a "shoot anywhere you can see" as in JA2.

I remember buying Gorky 17 at a store. The old lady at the counter said "Oh, looks scary", and handed it to me with a smile. I was young so I was expecting the usual "wtf is this filth" look, because the whole "videogames and youth violence" was at its peak. Maybe she thought it was a movie?

Good times. Now you just have to click the awesome button to download a game.

Bruticis

I don't ever recall hearing anything about Soulbringer (which is probably a bad sign). Any thoughts?

Morkar Left

It's a good game and worth playing. But there is one annoying downside: the short viewdistance and the horizon is always black. It's like it's always night. A truly DARK game.Take a look at some screenshots or a let's play. If this is fine for you I can recommend the game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It did irk me a bit, but I'm pretty sure that I could get used to it fairly quick. I'll give the game a go one day when I have time.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
If you want to credit Codex with those GOG links, add /?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8 to the end of the urls. As it is now, only the GOG button in the top right corner of the site pages is affiliated. And any GOG news the news monkeys post, of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom