Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
- GOG.com generated ca. €650K, compared to almost 0 last year. The difference seems to come from marginally more net sales (€10.5M vs €10.0M in 2018) and marginally less administrative expenses (€1.0M vs €1.3M in 2019)
I have a hunch those €650K came exclusively from Grimoire sales.:smug:

Semiurge

Cipher
GOG should only email me when they are releasing Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Condemned: Criminal Origins, American McGee's Alice or the NOLF games. When was the last time they acquired something like those? Dark Corners of the Earth qualified as one but doesn't GOG's version have a game breaking bug that's missing from Steam's version?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
GOG should only email me when they are releasing Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, Condemned: Criminal Origins, American McGee's Alice or the NOLF games. When was the last time they acquired something like those? Dark Corners of the Earth qualified as one but doesn't GOG's version have a game breaking bug that's missing from Steam's version?

Blade Runner was a pretty big get not long ago. Bethesda moved a little forward in what they're willing to sell DRM free with Dishonored and Wolfenstein TNO. Most of the stuff GOG doesn't sell is because there's massive legal issues (NOLF) or because the publishers don't want to. They're not miracle workers.

P.S. I have Dark Messiah DRM free from Amazon. Not sure if it's still available though.

groundhog

Educated

From what I've read it's actually the other way around:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/22340/discussions/0/1629663905412774882/

(DISCLAIMER: I haven't played the game myself yet, so I can't confirm whether this is true)

Semiurge

Cipher

P.S. I have Dark Messiah DRM free from Amazon. Not sure if it's still available though.

Yeah most of those have a snowflake's chance in hell of getting a GOG release, DMoMM is Ubisoft's which has it's own storefront, Condemned is published by SEGA that has an exclusive deal with Steam, Alice is EA's "cheese" for the Origin storefront...

And I have a physical copy of DMoMM, but it has DRM that's incompatible with Windows 10, meaning that it would refuse to install :negative:

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
And I have a physical copy of DMoMM, but it has DRM that's incompatible with Windows 10, meaning that it would refuse to install

I just checked and the download I bought on Amazon isn't sold anymore. I wonder if I can even still download it, I'll have to look. I got a few other things there that were DRM free downloads too, instead of Steam keys. Prototype was one of them, I know that. Anyway... Ubisoft have stuff on GOG, but it's all really old. I don't think they've done a new deal in a really long time, and who knows if they ever will. I said that about Bethesda though and then out of nowhere GOG got Dishonored and such, so who knows. I kind of worry if games like Assassin's Creed 2's DRM is a pain in the butt to remove, but then that wouldn't explain stuff like Chaos Theory.

Nas92

Augur
The store page of Jagged Alliance 2 claims that it doesn't run on Windows 10. Is this true? Has anyone managed to run the GOG version on Windows 10? What about the 1.13 patch mod, will that work?

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
The store page of Jagged Alliance 2 claims that it doesn't run on Windows 10. Is this true? Has anyone managed to run the GOG version on Windows 10? What about the 1.13 patch mod, will that work?

Just use Stracciatella. You'll be fine. JA2 with Stracciatella works perfectly fine in 64-bit Win 10.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

These games are now back on Steam. Ziggurat as the publisher instead of Retroism. I guess they will back on GOG too sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Plague

Arbiter
GOG tries...
:takemyjewgold:

...to get you to do a jew slavery quiz which they claim is
nothing personal, just a crippling fear of robots.

Jews can't create AI to recognize bicycles so they try to enslave goyim.
Fuck you liars. You can keep your discount.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, my monthly gaming budgets goes to The Evil Within. I remember it getting positive reviews (and it has a Very Positive rating on Steam) and from some shots it looks appropriately weird.

Now Bethesda, Prey please. Bring Prey to GOG.

All of them.

DraQ

Arcane
GOG tries...
:takemyjewgold:

...to get you to do a jew slavery quiz which they claim is
nothing personal, just a crippling fear of robots.

Jews can't create AI to recognize bicycles so they try to enslave goyim.
Fuck you liars. You can keep your discount.
Nothing to be worried about as long as the photos are not thermal images and they don't ask you to help designate squishy meatbag targets spot people in them.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is Evil Within good for a very stealth focused gamer? Or is it much more RE style survival horror?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom