Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Fuck yeah, finally! Was playing the new King Arthur Game and planning on new AoE2 dlc and giving Wrath of the Righteous a proper shot. So now PG it is!

Also

The game is very classic, but ironically, the game describes that China wants to control Asia by force because of population expansion and lack of resources. However, in reality, although China has a huge population, it has not invaded any country. Moreover, its own economic development is very good, and people have been lifted out of poverty. At the same time, it helps many other countries develop economy and infrastructure, hoping to achieve common prosperity. On the contrary, It is a great irony that the United States and NATO have launched wars and created chaos everywhere in the world.

Very ironic indeed.

El Presidente

Arcane
The game is very classic, but ironically, the game describes that China wants to control Asia by force because of population expansion and lack of resources. However, in reality, although China has a huge population, it has not invaded any country. Moreover, its own economic development is very good, and people have been lifted out of poverty. At the same time, it helps many other countries develop economy and infrastructure, hoping to achieve common prosperity. On the contrary, It is a great irony that the United States and NATO have launched wars and created chaos everywhere in the world.
, said the incresingly nervous and shaking GOG employee as he feels the dragon breathing behind his neck and can still glance at Steam's messed up corpse in the corner of the room

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Just wanted to mention that today I personally discovered that sometimes GOG versions can be bugged even if it's the same build as the patched retail (CD-ROM) releases. example: someone suggested I try and find the retail CD-ROM of Warlords Battlecry 3 and install that instead of what I've been using (GOG). All my issues went away, especially the freeze-ups caused by using the Patrol feature. It's my understanding that GOG had several different unofficially "patched" versions of WBIII and so many users complained about instability or unwanted "features" that they went back to the official patches. The irony is that even though GOG is now using only the officially patched version of Warlords Battlecry 3 (v1.03) it's still bugged - why I don't know - even though it's the same version as the retail CD-ROM release I'm now using that's stable (also v1.03).

This has been a learning experience for me, and what have I learned? Don't fucking trust GOG who like to fiddle and diddle with unofficial patches and mods (granted, sometimes necessary to get shit working on Windows 10) and you're bound to eventually get something that's fubared. We always say derisively here, "modders gonna mod" but what about when GOG gonna mod? Something we tend to overlook.

Strig

Learned

Wow thanks GOG another great release with a strong woman! I would love to see sales numbers on this indie dogshit.

Is this garbage a sequel to this riveting story?

ar5NWZB_700b.jpg

Uncreation

Savant
People's General is great, i remember playing it years ago. Recommended if you like games like Panzer General, etc.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Can't get some of them old console steam games or epics to GOG like
97378-black-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

Some are steam and gog (i have those) This is just blather kill mob er time. PS2 emu... i hear you.
iIfmCOR.jpg

Worm golf interests me oddly.

racofer

Thread Incliner
It appears that KotOR 2 just got updated with the Aspyr patch from 2015. No patch notes as usual, but the updated binary is the same version as the Steam release (which came with the patch) and it now supports native widescreen resolutions.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
What is even the point of GOG now if you have shit like that selling there?
So what if they sell that? You can still buy games with offline installers from them, and that has been their whole appeal since the very beginning.
I feel like the point is not that those games are on there per say, but that they supposedly have a very selective selection process. By the time it got sold on GOG, Grimoire was already out for a while, whereas these games get on with no problem. Yeah, I'm sure its getting on there because that's got a publisher who I'm sure is quite famous in their niche, but it makes their claim of being curated a joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom