Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think for most it's just the convenience Steam offers over GOG.
I think that's definitely part of it. I know some devs get pissy about releasing on GOG because it's too much of a pain to have to worry about multiple versions of a game on various stores. I think the guy who made Northern Journey indicated he wouldn't mind releasing his game on GOG but not until he considers it completely finished; i.e., no more bug-squashing updates.
What does GOG's update policy look like? Microsoft's patching process leaves a lot of games out of date on gamepass breaking multiplayer.
weaboos ruin everything
Looks like a tranny OC.
tried googleing for this meme and got a warning notification - fantas hate of western cucks was ahead of his time, he tried to warn us

1710088856831.png

1710094898397.png

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Educated
I think for most it's just the convenience Steam offers over GOG.
I think that's definitely part of it. I know some devs get pissy about releasing on GOG because it's too much of a pain to have to worry about multiple versions of a game on various stores. I think the guy who made Northern Journey indicated he wouldn't mind releasing his game on GOG but not until he considers it completely finished; i.e., no more bug-squashing updates.
What does GOG's update policy look like? Microsoft's patching process leaves a lot of games out of date on gamepass breaking multiplayer.
weaboos ruin everything
Looks like a tranny OC.
You can rollback but only through Galaxy. When they updated some Saints Row games a while back, the gog port was the only one that could do a rollback iirc? Because the update was a bit controversial too.
Verification process not roll back. Microsoft and Sony force you to go through a review process before the patch can go live. Steam doesn't, so you can patch as much as you want and aren't charged for it like MS does (or did?)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Unfortunately Sony doesn't seem to be interested in porting older games from the PS3 era
I have played the first two on a ps2 emulator and liked them and it seems I will have to set up rpcs3 to play GOW3 and some other PS3 era games

Also why do your links send to the mobile version of wikipedia? :decline:

quaesta

Educated
Unfortunately Sony doesn't seem to be interested in porting older games from the PS3 era
I have played the first two on a ps2 emulator and it seems I will have to set up rpcs3 to play GOW3 and some other PS3 era games

Also why do your links send to the mobile version of wikipedia? :decline:
He has m. in the domain for his wikipedia links. Probably cause he's on the phone posting this.
And it's a damn tragedy. The only games I geniuelly want to play on PC I can't, like Infamous and Ratchet and Clank (not to mention the HUNDREDS of PS2 exclusive games that are only exclusive because devs didn't had the budget to port to other consoles/cared to port to other platforms, like Way of the Samurai 1/2, Bushido Blade and it's PS2 sequel Kengo: Master of Bushodo, King's Field, Ace Combat 04 and a GUN).
Instead we get modern sony shit like Spider-man or Horizon Zero Dawn looks like shit.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sorry about the mobile links; I didn't know. I'll see if I can change that but it is true that I use my phone to post. I almost never touch my computer anymore and consoles are long boxed up (not that anyone cares about c64, vic 20, amiga500, colecovision, NES, and a full sega cd 32x system). Alas, I never console fagged up my life. I have played on other consoles due to sister & her husband and my bro had a ps3 & ps4. (Mostly to watch dvd, connect to online, listen to music etc. He never played games.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Sorry about the mobile links; I didn't know. I'll see if I can change that but it is true that I use my phone to post. I almost never touch my computer anymore and consoles are long boxed up (not that anyone cares about c64, vic 20, amiga500, colecovision, NES, and a full sega cd 32x system). Alas, I never console fagged up my life. I have played on other consoles due to sister & her husband and my bro had a ps3 & ps4. (Mostly to watch dvd, connect to online, listen to music etc. He never played games.
So what exactly do you do? If you don't play games on PC or console what's left? Chess by carrier pigeon?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Punching, lifting, marching for hours, adding to the list.....

Don't forget killing rats seems off the list too.

You can grind the hours away pulling weeds, chopping wood, clearing paths. Grinding is grinding.... mine just doesn't require me to sot on my ass for hours.

Do I miss gaming? Here and there. I have memories and i still like to see what is going on.

Call it mid-life gaming crisis. I wouldn't wish this condition on all the hard core gamers out there because I remember gaming. When you look at a computer or game even after buying them (i mean i have 2200+ gog games for Christ's sake!) and feel
MEH! Or depressed about even trying it is a bad condition. What's that dude in Hellgate london say?

YOUR APATHY IS APPALLING! Or some shit.

It could also be my current living situation that affects this. It affects my old mapping passion as well.

I buy because of the hope of "MAYBE SOME DAY..... maybe..."

Hell Swarm

Educated
Punching, lifting, marching for hours, adding to the list.....

Don't forget killing rats seems off the list too.

You can grind the hours away pulling weeds, chopping wood, clearing paths. Grinding is grinding.... mine just doesn't require me to sot on my ass for hours.

Do I miss gaming? Here and there. I have memories and i still like to see what is going on.

Call it mid-life gaming crisis. I wouldn't wish this condition on all the hard core gamers out there because I remember gaming. When you look at a computer or game even after buying them (i mean i have 2200+ gog games for Christ's sake!) and feel
MEH! Or depressed about even trying it is a bad condition. What's that dude in Hellgate london say?

YOUR APATHY IS APPALLING! Or some shit.

It could also be my current living situation that affects this. It affects my old mapping passion as well.

I buy because of the hope of "MAYBE SOME DAY..... maybe..."
That is a lot of GOG games. I'd rather not play games any more but life isn't always what we want is it? If you're away from gaming why engage in a gaming forum? Could you maybe spend less time here and some more time waggling your joy stick? Even just emulating Sonic on your phone might be an avenue to getting back some of it if you want to.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Since my connection is shitty esp at night I sometimes play some offline mobile games when I'm not meditating in the darkness or listening to my mp3 player.

I relate my experiences of the past for older games and a few I do try. Once in a blue moon I try a game (usually a demo) and then give my opinion. I suppose my gaming isn't a corpse yet but it is on severe life support.

As to joysticks... these are pretty fun esp since i have a huge circle to tamp down due to bad weather.
10342.jpg

And if you get too used to it, you could probably add weight. Mine is a steel stick. The old wooden handled one broke again.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

Hell Swarm

Educated
Uuuuh, great?
https://af.gog.com/blog/more-ways-t...h-luna-cloud-streaming-service/?as=1649904300
Soon, you’ll be able to play your favorite games from GOG, like the Witcher series or Cyberpunk 2077, on multiple devices of your choice. We’re teaming up with Amazon Luna cloud gaming service to give you even more ways of enjoying your titles, while still keeping our mission of DRM-free gaming.
Costs $10 a month to subscribe to. Has a decent selection of games, probably rivals game pass if not beats it. Still seems a waste of money and there's too many bad cloud gaming services already.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I do not have a Gog-Chan pic with Amazon tattooed on her ass ..... yet. Or she could be dressed as an Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom