Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good explorefag games

Losus4

Novice
May I recommend you, my fellow exploring CRPG enthusiast, the great work of the great mind of Todd Howard, who in his all-embracing love for humanity, favored us with intricate gift of modding kit. With thy mods people fill the endless moulding of vanilla Skyrim, turning it into a dynamic and rich adventure in high fantasy world of Tamriel's north.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim +
  • Attack Behavior Revamp
  • Better Dialogue Controls
  • Better MessageBox Controls
  • Better SkyUI Config
  • Better Sorting
  • Better Vampires
  • Complete Crafting Overhaul
  • Deadly Combat or Wildcat
  • Distance Based Combat
  • Dragon Combat Overhaul or Deadly Dragons
  • Duel - Combat Realism
  • EFF - Extensible Follower Framework or UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul
  • Frostfall
  • Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival
  • Genesis / Genesis Unleashed Levelled
  • Genesis Surface Spawns - Encounters Unlevelled
  • High Level Enemies Redux or Revenge Of the Enemies
  • Hunterborn
  • iNeed
  • King-Priest - Enhanced Dragon Priests
  • Locational Damage
  • Modern Combat AI
  • MorrowLoot Ultimate or Scarcity - Less Loot
  • OBIS - Organized Bandits
  • Realistic Needs and Diseases
  • Realistic Needs and Diseases
  • Rebalanced Encounter Zones and Leveled Actors
  • Requiem - The Roleplaying Overhaul
  • Skyrim Revamped - Complete Enemy Overhaul
  • Skyrim Revamped - Loot and Encounter Zones
  • Skyrim Revamped Rebalanced and Releveled
  • SkyUI
  • Unread Books Glow
  • Weighted Arrows
  • Wounds
  • YASH - Yet Another Skyrim Hardcore mod

I notice you've got all the popular hardcore/survival mods... I used to use all those to, until I started playing with a simple permadeath mod, which immediately deleted all my saves in Skyrim/My Games if I died.

Playing with that one simple mod did two things—

1) Made for a much more brutal and harsh world than all of those survival mods.
2) Consequentually made all of those survival mods redundant.

Skyrim with a permadeath mod is the single best way of making Skyrim the RPG we all wished is was.

You have to carefully consider every small action you take. One mistake and everything is gone in an instant. This is the mod I use - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57269

I don't know if it's on SSE, but I'm sure you'll find something similar. This mod is good because it has no effect in game. No intrusive menus or mod config. It simply deletes all saves if you die.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Now the question is MMO or just plain RPG? Some MMOs I liked except the constant chatter (which you could turn off). Seeing UO offline servers is interesting but I wonder if other games have ever been ripped from the online community for personal offline play?
OG Guild Wars might as well be single-player now, and LotRO is playable that way.

Spike

Educated
Now the question is MMO or just plain RPG? Some MMOs I liked except the constant chatter (which you could turn off). Seeing UO offline servers is interesting but I wonder if other games have ever been ripped from the online community for personal offline play?
OG Guild Wars might as well be single-player now, and LotRO is playable that way.
Pretty sure you can play DND Online that way too.

stephensmall

Literate
Shin Megami Tensei V (Vengeance), if JRPGs are considered.
Did they expand the exploration aspect somehow in Vengeance? Vanilla V had one of the most uninspired and soulless open worlds out there.
SMT V has no open world. It is linear. One area after another. Large sections don't mean open world, right ?
Personally I don't think it's uninspired or soulless. If you explore thoroughly, you'll always find something substantial like Miasamas, boss encounters, shrines, quest giver, abscesses to conquer and new demons to recruit. What are you missing ? Settlements ?
Something substantial -- yes, something interesting -- no. Looking for dancing gremlins and slightly buffed encounters in boring desert ruins is not exploration, it's a collectathon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom