Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

deuxhero

Arcane
^
iirc he started traveling in his car around the states?
Dropped videos once i na blue moon

Double spy talking about SMUTA game and how ruskies instantly blamed everyone for the bad score because they're not tough enough to admit the truth as usual

In the video he shows his files and both Zodiac and The Nameless Mod (perhaps the two most complete new campaign mods for Deus Ex) are visible. I wonder if we're getting videos on those. There's one other complete mod for DX I'm aware of which is about using the engine for a semi-comedic adventure game with no combat and multiple endings depending on how well you supplied the party the plot is centered around finding the stuff to throw, but I forget the name (it was good for what it was IIRC).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

I tend to not care much for his preambles about development history, but it really is eye opening how many reviews spend more time faffing about story and writing while treating everything else as a footnote aka dreaded "plot summaries" masquerading as reviews. MrEdders actually has critical points to talk about and overall strikes a fine balance between narrative/gameplay discussion.

AndyS

Augur
I tend to not care much for his preambles about development history, but it really is eye opening how many reviews spend more time faffing about story and writing while treating everything else as a footnote aka dreaded "plot summaries" masquerading as reviews. MrEdders actually has critical points to talk about and overall strikes a fine balance between narrative/gameplay discussion.
A lot of online critics are basically liberal arts majors who don't really know anything besides analyzing story, so they tend to focus on it to the detriment of everything else. You see a similar thing in non-game reviews - TV/movie reviews focus almost entirely on the writing while ignoring stuff like editing and cinematography, and comics reviewers love to dissect the writing while completely ignoring art, as if these aren't visual media we're dealing with.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
A lot of online critics are basically liberal arts majors who don't really know anything besides analyzing story, so they tend to focus on it to the detriment of everything else. You see a similar thing in non-game reviews - TV/movie reviews focus almost entirely on the writing while ignoring stuff like editing and cinematography, and comics reviewers love to dissect the writing while completely ignoring art, as if these aren't visual media we're dealing with.
Who pays attention to those fucks?
Those gender studies degrees sure as shit won't do anything for them.
But now they think their shit smells better than others and their opinions are worth listening to...
They are not.

Spike

Educated

holy shit, you can beat the game before you're done with this video goddamn

I hate how those fucks try to make the video seem more "interesting"...
You can tell by the way he plays the game that this guy isn't that familiar with D&D, much less the 3E.
Using Magic Missile and NOT flanking an enemy when viable?
What a rookie...

Saying that about Michael Snow, lol. He has played actual DND for years and years, maybe 2 decades or certainly close.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

You can tell by the way he plays the game that this guy isn't that familiar with D&D, much less the 3E.
What a rookie...

Saying that about Michael Snow, lol. He has played actual DND for years and years, maybe 2 decades or certainly close.

He made 60+ minute videos on Wizardry 6 and 7 and 8, and 30+ minute videos about UUW, M&M 2, and W&W. He's a legit RPG nerd.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

What a rookie...

Fuck, I don't know all those autists, ok?
I barely even watch Jewtube content these days...

Spike

Educated

What a rookie...

Fuck, I don't know all those autists, ok?
I barely even watch Jewtube content these days...

All good amigo

Baron Dupek

Arcane
a channek that used to make a lot of Deus Ex videos got hacked, lost videos, restored most? of them and now is dropping some new one

Naraya

Arcane
Few months later - new video. Like a cloakawork. Bunch of 4:3 FPS shooters this time

WTF is the part about SWAT 3? Did he even play it? How can he say that it encourages killing everyone even though you get huge penalties for doing it? It was painful to listen to this section... It boiled down to POLICE BAD agenda.

flyingjohn

Arcane
WTF is the part about SWAT 3? Did he even play it? How can he say that it encourages killing everyone even though you get huge penalties for doing it? It was painful to listen to this section... It boiled down to POLICE BAD agenda.
The 20 minute headcanon rant about System shock 2 politics didn't tip you about his political affiliation?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom