Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Hagashager

Educated
Anyone still watching Noah Caldwell Gervais?
What's he up to lately?
Heard he went full W0ke...
He was always woke. He's less woke now than two years ago. His last few uploads have been him going off on corporations, greed and poor people being exploited. He even used terms like "Neoliberal" and "The Working Class" during his Fallout retrospective.

50% of that Diablo upload is him going off on Blizzard as an exploitative monster that has directly contributed to the decline of the industry.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What's he up to lately?
He was always woke. He's less woke now than two years ago. His last few uploads have been him going off on corporations, greed and poor people being exploited. He even used terms like "Neoliberal" and "The Working Class" during his Fallout retrospective.

50% of that Diablo upload is him going off on Blizzard as an exploitative monster that has directly contributed to the decline of the industry.
Did not watch any of his vids in a long time.
I did watch some of his early ones, which were pretty good.

Spike

Educated
What's he up to lately?

Calling out oligarchs is a good thing, so at least he's the kind of lefty where there's some common ground that can be found.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What's he up to lately?

Calling out oligarchs is a good thing, so at least he's the kind of lefty where there's some common ground that can be found.
He did strike me as one of those 60s - 70s hippie intellectual.
He even has one of those fancy vans which he drives around in all over the US.
Also made some cool videos while doing that.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
That's the most I've seen of the suicide squad and jesus the gameplay looks like cancer.

It's some kind of "scientifically formulated to tickle your endorphin centers" or whatever the fuck soulless garbage.

911 Jumper

Learned
Every Cancelled Nintendo 64DD Game (N64) (52 minutes)

Today DidYouKnowGaming takes a look at every cancelled Nintendo 64DD game, covering games from many franchises like Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Resident Evil, Dragon Quest, and even more ill-fated N64 games.

Special thanks to Japanese translator Jacob, Eurasia_M for footage capture, & LuigiBlood for consulting/proofreading.

Hell Swarm

Learned
What's he up to lately?

He's a failed actor who went into teaching. WTF do you think a middle class guy like that would think politically? He mostly keeps it out of actual gameplay and review videos though. I don't watch his blog stuff.

I'd like to find some interesting challenge run channels. "can I beat Dark souls with X" is always yes you can. Can I nuzlocke this pokemon game? Yes you can. Where's the challenge run channels that will upload failed runs with commentary leaving the results a surprise?

Butter

Arcane
Patron

I've probably posted this guy's stuff before. This features a really cool mechanical interaction in Morrowind. By setting all of his attributes to 1, his Fatigue (which is Str + Agi + End + Wil) is 4. Your % Fatigue is used as a variable in pretty much everything. By using the Orc's Berserk to fortify Fatigue +200, he can do all kinds of crazy things, even outside of the obvious combat utilities. He's able to buy an extremely powerful enchantment for literally 1 septim because he's berserking.

Vatnik Wumao

I've probably posted this guy's stuff before. This features a really cool mechanical interaction in Morrowind. By setting all of his attributes to 1, his Fatigue (which is Str + Agi + End + Wil) is 4. Your % Fatigue is used as a variable in pretty much everything. By using the Orc's Berserk to fortify Fatigue +200, he can do all kinds of crazy things, even outside of the obvious combat utilities. He's able to buy an extremely powerful enchantment for literally 1 septim because he's berserking.

:M Not exactly the same thing, but it reminded me of

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'd like to find some interesting challenge run channels. "can I beat Dark souls with X" is always yes you can. Can I nuzlocke this pokemon game? Yes you can. Where's the challenge run channels that will upload failed runs with commentary leaving the results a surprise?
Second this. Challenge runs can be interesting for the obscure methods used sometimes even if you know they can win (Obviously doesn't apply to souls runs with a particular weapon or whatever) but having actual suspense over the potential victory is far more interesting. I used to watch people play on twitch for that reason but most of the channels I liked changed over the years and I can't be assed to go digging through the trash to find new ones.

Actually, there's one channel I could recommend for this purpose:

Shitposter
Somebody else probably already mentioned this: https://www.youtube.com/@mynameisnotlilly

He is already retired, got married, became a mathematician (I read some of his paper occasionally).

Played video games as Allah intended 4:3 ratio of pristine 640x480 (and I still play BG2 the original version, not the beamdog's butchery, in that format).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom