Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good luck!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
A wiki of the best selling games ever is bound for disaster with all the raging fanboys and all the different sources with different numbers.

MountainWest

Scholar
Ah, Kid Icarus. That was a fun game.

Thus, Pit set out on a quest to escape the Underworld, retrieve the Sacred Treasures that would help him defeat Medusa, and rescue Palutena and restore peace to Angel Land.

Who'd have known that'd be the universal design document in the business... something like:

Thus, [insert name of player character] set out on a quest to escape [insert name of village], retrieve the [insert magic items] that would help him defeat the [insert ancient evil], and rescue [insert fair lady] and restore peace to [insert generic fantasy land].

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Edward_R_Murrow said:
That's my line....in reverse no less....

...and a fine line it is.

Looking at that list, I wonder how much cash Rockstar Games and Blizzard are swimming in. Including games that come pre-packaged with a system seems a bit iffy to me as well.

So, what's the bet on AoD? 20 million, 2 million, 200k, 2?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Unless VD starts doing more interviews and gets some mayor sites interested? Not much. If people have never heard of a game, they sure as hell won't get it.

Baphomet

Scholar
Trash said:
Unless VD starts doing more interviews and gets some mayor sites interested? Not much. If people have never heard of a game, they sure as hell won't get it.

As much as we'd all like to see MOAR INFO the time can be better spent working on the game. I'm sure there will be an advertising push once there's something to sell. A few banners on dork sites like Penny Arcade (we all know Tycho will shit himself over all the text and the turn based action) should cover it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
We are working on more videos to show. There is no reason to continue talking about the game in general and giving examples when I can show something.

I think we've finally fixed the shadows issue. Added a lot of improvements and little things here and there. The game is shaping up very nicely. The first video simply showed the game "in motion", nothing else. The second combat video, which hopefully will be shown within days, will give you a good feel of combat (no "ht for 0 damage, hit for 0 damage, hit for 0 damage, boom! massive critical" crap), more features, decent background, and improved animations and mechanics.

cardtrick

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
I think we've finally fixed the shadows issue. Added a lot of improvements and little things here and there. The game is shaping up very nicely. The first video simply showed the game "in motion", nothing else. The second combat video, which hopefully will be shown within days, will give you a good feel of combat (no "ht for 0 damage, hit for 0 damage, hit for 0 damage, boom! massive critical" crap), more features, decent background, and improved animations and mechanics.

Nice! I'm downright RPG giddy at the moment. Between MOTB, Purgatorio, the Witcher . . . it's actually fun to be an RPG fan right now. I'm so excited for AoD. The only other game I have ever anticipated to this degree was VTMB, and that was Troika.

The shadow thing being fixed is great news. That means shadow-based stealth will be in, right?

Can't wait for the new videos!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The shadow thing being fixed is great news. That means shadow-based stealth will be in, right?

With this I think he meant that there will be character shadows inside buildings (there were none before).

denizsi

Arcane
Myst still makes it to the top 10 at #6. Almost 15 years now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom