Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Good Old Games Relaunching

Elzair

Cipher
Beautiful Clown Painting said:
If they were honest, they should give royalties to the Dosbox guys but they don't give a damn.

At least they are not violating the fucking GPL like some companies I can think of *cough* Valve *cough*.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Naked Ninja said:
'are a moron'. It's 'are a moron'.

Also, punctuation fellow.

Why does this matter?

i mean..I'm sure you got bigger fish to fry then to correct spelling.

Harold

Arcane
The retardedness of the youtube clips they put up on their site is beyond belief. The only thing they achieved was getting BG after 3 years of begging Hasbro/Atari for it and now that they got it they want to sell it all off as a brand new era for their website with tons on new features:
'Look guys, now you can browse our games by genre on the right. Also, we put bigger picture on top with new games. Do you like our polish accents?'
Of course tons of morons will now flock to buy BG for only 9.99 with the all-included, no-credit given TuTu, loads of other mods and nocd crack. A new era indeed.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
phanboy_iv said:
Gragt said:
Well it's true that they sell content available for free on the net.

Pretty much all content anybody sells is available for free on the net.

My point exactly. Whether they sell old or new games, all online distribution services are scams.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gragt said:
My point exactly. Whether they sell old or new games, all online distribution services are scams.

:love:

I love that there are people out there retarded enough to believe this. Talk about a tenuous grip on economic reality.

Keep fighting the good fight. :M

NN said:
I must remember that line.

Asshats classic. It's shocking how many times it's perfectly appropriate in an internet debate.

Ausir

Arcane
Gragt said:

But as long as they put it on a disc and add a nice box, they aren't?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ausir said:
ut as long as they put it on a disc and add a nice box, they aren't?

Put your silly logic elsewhere!

See, digital reproduction is free, that means games should be offered free! What's that, in retail you don't just pay the reproduction cost because hey only paying reproduction costs for a product is a retarded economic model?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF :x fffffffffffffffffffffff :rpgcodex:

:love:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Ausir said:
Gragt said:

But as long as they put it on a disc and add a nice box, they aren't?

A bit less of a scam because you get something physical for your money's worth, but they still profit of the work of other people freely available on the net.

Brother None said:
I love that there are people out there retarded enough to believe this. Talk about a tenuous grip on economic reality.

I agree it is kinda scary …

Brother None said:
Keep fighting the good fight. :M

:brofist:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
But someone mention the BG copy would be using tutu..is that true?

It doesn't look like it.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
otEHz.jpg

Exciting relaunch!

Elzair

Cipher
Brother None said:
Your face can certainly be a scam.

I find it funny that you can be so butthurt about a stupid PR stunt but are nonchalant about crippleware.

yaster

Liturgist
Wasn't it supposed to be, like, faster? LOL, it barely works instead. I enjoy taking peak at this nice streaks of failures:>

m_s0

Arcane
Archibald said:
WhiskeyWolf said:
mahdi said:
Invade Poland.
Give it your best shoot. Invading is simple, staying is the problem.

Who`d want to stay in the fucking Poland.
Which one do you mean? :smug:
They're almost (but not quite) offering a valuable service with that BG deal.

6 CDs is really a bit much to keep track of.
Jesus. Install, zip, burn. In case you want to play it again: insert dvd, unzip. How much does a dvd cost? 9,99?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Elzair said:
Brother None said:
Your face can certainly be a scam.
I find it funny that you can be so butthurt about a stupid PR stunt but are nonchalant about crippleware.

You want my opinion about the so far completely theoretical problem of crippleware? Fine, here's my opinion: floppies, CDs and DVDs don't have an infinite shelf-life either. The whole discussion is based on a false premise.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Cant wait for the day when GaG introduces DRM and renames itself into SyFy.

10 page thread at least.

Ruprekt

Scholar
I wll pay for added value and convenience, and I will also pay if there is some revenue/benefit going to the actual developers.

I won't act based on some bizzaro philosophy that I'd be fulflilling the will of "economics" by enabling some IP holding company.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom