Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Gothic 3 Sucks

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by vazquez595654, Sep 30, 2006.

1. vazquez595654 Arbiter

vazquez595654
    http://rpgdot.com/#50994

^ Top  
  2. golgotha Liturgist

golgotha
    Link

^ Top  
  3. obediah Erudite

obediah
    No free ridez!!!1111!!!eleventy!

Gothic 3 will be a bugfest at launch.

^ Top  
  4. Stalin Scholar

Stalin
    And all of you'll be free beta testers as usual

^ Top  
  5. NoisyKillerHPB Scholar

NoisyKillerHPB
    Well how is the game besides bugs?

^ Top  
  6. Direwolf Arcane

Direwolf
    Mid 80s scores is way too far from a game being sucky. What the fuck did they want? 100% from every single reviewer?

^ Top  
  7. stargelman Scholar

stargelman
    I believe it is customary noadays to award at least 120% to a decent game.

^ Top  
  8. Balor Arcane

Balor
    Oblivion got that. ;)

^ Top  
  9. Whipporowill Erudite

Whipporowill
    Giving mid-80's score for a game that is almost unplayable (if based on the first gold) sounds like a game worth 90+ after a few patches - if my comp can even handle it.

^ Top  
  10. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    It'll get low scores because it won't hold the player's hand and only a few opponents will scale.

^ Top  
  11. Monolith Prophet

Monolith
    I skimmed through the PC Games review yesterday and...ehh...oh wonder, I can't remember a single word of it. I got the overall impression though, that it's great, besides being buggy as hell, having long loading times and lagging as fuck on high-end PCs.

^ Top  
  12. Admiral Rimjob POOBUM Arcane

Admiral Rimjob POOBUM
    I have diarrhea. :(

^ Top  
  13. Twinfalls Erudite

Twinfalls
    One thing which even the Codex will find very difficult to deny is that Gothic 3 will sell more - possibly a lot more - as a result of Bethesda and Oblivion.

^ Top  
  14. Jim Kata Arbiter

Jim Kata
    Why do you think that? I don't think gothic is on xbox, is it?

EvoG aside, I think most pc players hated it. Fuck, even FRANKIE hated it! And stargelman. LOL.

Anyone who did both xbox and pc gaming would get the pc version, aside from a few loons who got both just to compare.

If oblivion does anything, it's knock out the people who do have any intelligence from gaming. If I picked up my first 'RPG' and it was oblivion instead of whatever it was, then I would never have stopped building weapons of mass destruction in my spare time...!

^ Top  
  15. Admiral Rimjob POOBUM Arcane

Admiral Rimjob POOBUM
    I don't know... mine was Quest 64/Holy Magic Century.

^ Top  
  16. Data4 Arcane

Data4
    My understanding is that the only load screen we will see is on starting the game. Everything else is supposed to be steamed seamlessly in the background. Hell, I wouldn't mind a 5 minute initial load if it means it's only one time per session. That's enough time to get the coffee going and a snack made.

-D4

^ Top  
  17. Ladonna Arcane

Ladonna
    I am more worried about the combat model.

As the germans have told us here, all the gothics were full of insect life straight from the shelf. After patches the games were very nice (besides the gothic 1 wheel bug, which I never had..).

But can you change a combat model? I know a lot of people probably didn't like the gothic way of battle, but I loved it once I learned how to do it.

^ Top  
  18. Monolith Prophet

Monolith
    Are you sure? From what I remember there will be loading times between regions. I don't know how the 'regionalisation' will take place in Gothic 3 though, so it's absolutely possible that you're right and that I'm wrong. I hope so.

That's just hearsay, but from what I know the combat system is quite adjustable - to such an extent that it can come close to the original combat system we know from Gothic 2.

^ Top  
  19. Frau Bishop Erudite

Frau Bishop
    Ahhh.. the good old times. Never minded waiting some minutes to start up the game I would play the next 8 hours. :)
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  20. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Good times, indeed. Loading Elite was a bitch though.

^ Top  
  21. Higher Game Arcane

Higher Game
    By the time the game is patched up and good mods are out, there should be some nice new graphics cards coming out around Vista's release. I'll buy this when it comes out for moral support of good RPGs, though, even though I won't be able to play it for a while.

^ Top  
  22. Cycloptis Scholar

Cycloptis
    Bugs and lack of optimization are puny dings on the +5 vs Bad Programming armour that all battle hardened CRPG gamers wear.

^ Top  
  23. Admiral Rimjob POOBUM Arcane

Admiral Rimjob POOBUM
    Mods? It has a CS? Win.

^ Top  
  24. Whipporowill Erudite

Whipporowill
    The gothics always had loading times between major areas - such as the Khorinis valley and the old mine colony if I remember correctly? Other than that it should be streaming in G3.

^ Top  
  25. denizsi Arcane

denizsi
    I read in Yahoo preview, not different combat modes but fighting "stances" different for every weapon, like the "guards" as in real medieval fighting, you know. It was in Yahoo Preview.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/gamepreview ... eid=483129

At least that's how I interpret it. If it indeed is so and it has a meaning resembling guards of medieval fighting, then it sounds like great.

Since left and right mouse buttons are reserved to these actions, it might be possible that there's no wimpy "block" action but you simply do the appropriate attack to counter an incoming blow, again, kind of like how it is supposed to be in real medieval fighting. I admit to wishful thinking here.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.