Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
Doesn't look like they're separate. It's this one: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/rpg_codex

Also, you can get it from Nuuvem.co.br for 27-28€.

1.Make an account at nuuvem.
2. Turn on a proxy, from some south american country (Hola on Chrome is easiest. Not all proxies from Brazil might work.)
3. Add the game to cart.
4. Go to checkout and select Paypal.
5. Turn off proxy, before logging in Paypal and paying.
6. Go to your account look for the serial.
7. Activate the key on R* Social Club.

bonescraper

So, should we join that abomination or is anyone going to make a new one?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You poor broke ass niggards

I almost want to give you the game for free... *almost*
Actually I was quite tempted to accept that, move it to steam, and don't waste 65 GB by backup of pirated copy. (Especially if gifts to disabled are deducible from taxes.) But, I hate online playing, so I'd manage and try to compact my anime collection instead. (I still have about 5 - 20 free DVDs.)

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I'm not that impressed with GTA V graphics, look at RDR on ps3...... now that was something back at the time, GTA v does not look all that different.

red-dead-redemption-horses-games-px-west-460459.jpg

read-dead-redemption-john-marsten-canyon.jpg

red-dead_00337387.jpg

Deleted member 7219

What the fuck is it with you and screenshots? Use spoiler tags. I would have thought the moderators editing your posts would have given you the message by now.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
People already playing, R* done fucked up. Of course, it's also a good way to get banned if you go online, so I think I'll just wait.

bonescraper

People already playing, R* done fucked up. Of course, it's also a good way to get banned if you go online, so I think I'll just wait.
Valve could ban me from their online shop for playing a game one hour earlier? LAWL. I always use VPN.

Guess i'll spend this last hour composing my custom radio folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Not Valve, Rockstar. Plus the trick only works with the non-steam version anyway, since you still need to decrypt the files once steam unlocks the game.

bonescraper

Not Valve, Rockstar. Plus the trick only works with the non-steam version anyway, since you still need to decrypt the files once steam unlocks the game.
Using VPN you can fool Steam, but in this case the game unlocks at the same time globally for everyone, so i still have to fucking wait those 30 mins D:

bonescraper

Hahaha, just as i expected. The game runs fucking smooth as butter at max settings (very high wherever possible) at my native resolution (1680x1050) with FXAA on (haven't tried MSAA, but it would be an overkill i guess) and all sliders maxed out. For some unknown reason Nvidia TXAA is greyed out though. Constant 60 indoors, never drops below ~50 outside. Fucking ace.

Just got home and found out the good news....and ran straight into an update wall. Bleh. Will update with impressions and screenies as soon as I can get into the fucking game.

Black

Arcane
Hahaha, just as i expected. The game runs fucking smooth as butter at max settings (very high wherever possible) at my native resolution (1680x1050) with FXAA on (haven't tried MSAA, but it would be an overkill i guess) and all sliders maxed out. For some unknown reason Nvidia TXAA is greyed out though. Constant 60 indoors, never drops below ~50 outside. Fucking ace.
And your specs?

Multi-headed Cow

The performance is good? Fug. Knew I should've double dipped and preordered a PC copy to go with my 360 copy. Oh well, will have to get in to it eventually.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Performance is fine indeed, just can't seem to access Online at all - refuses to connect altogether.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
Now this is some bullshit. The decent textures take up just over 2GB of VRAM and I have a 2GB card.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It runs pretty well for me. I've got most settings high or very high. I disabled the Post FX after a while (well, set it to "normal"), and the image quality is better and it runs well.

I'm on a processor very similar to the AMD one they had recommended, as well as a 2GB HD7870, which is exactly in the recommended specs. Not smooth as Bad Dragon Cumlube, but good looking and still fast.

Unfortunately even with the FOV slider, the first person FOV is kinda low. I'll probably hope for a patch or mod that lets me raise it.
Now this is some bullshit. The decent textures take up just over 2GB of VRAM and I have a 2GB card.
The same thing happened to me. You can just tell it to ignore warnings and it will accept the settings. Very high textures work alright for me.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
I have most my settings at medium-high and the game runs like shit with a 7870. Especially during driving where it constantly goes below 30fps

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom