Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Theft Auto V - Released on PC

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
No playing with
campaign_projecteternity.png
s.

Love you too.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alienman You have to be level 12 to participate in a heist. So keep leveling

I was in a heist a few minutes ago :)
It was fun, except that these guys was around level 50 and had some ridicules weapons. I only had my dinky pistol.

so there's no chance in hell this game will run on a Core 2 Duo right

Minimum spec is a Q6600 but I dunno. It would depend if they went the dick route like Ubisoft and completely locked a section of gamers (in that case dual core owners) out of running it altogether. I doubt anyone would shit on you if you pirated it to try before you buy. I certainly won't, not after I used to be Mr. Pirate.

Here's the minimum spec list in total, so you can decide.

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz

Memory:
4GB

Video Card:
NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)

Sound Card:
100% DirectX 10 compatible

HDD Space:
65GB

DVD Drive

I have to say this shits all over Ubi's open world games like Watch Dogs and so on.

The level of detail is really impressive and, for once, the game doesn't run like a dog, even in my modest rig (i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz, gtx 770, 8gb ram) - cranked up to max it holds around 45-60fps all the time. If I dial a couple things down to high I can run it at a pretty locked 60 90% of the time.

The script isn't retardo-level and the game's actually kind of fun to play. Definitely a major step up from the shitfest that was gta 4.

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, I finally downloaded and I'm impressed with performance. With everything maxed including all advanced options, my FPS don't go below 40. Only thing disabled are motion blur and DOF. If I deactivate long shadows, hi-res shadows, and streaming in flight, I get variatins of 58-61.

Oh, my rig is i72600 3.4 GHz, gtx 970, 16gb ram.

And yet I'm still strugling to find a good ENB for GTA 4.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
so there's no chance in hell this game will run on a Core 2 Duo right

It's extremely well optimized and has superb performance, but a Core 2 Duo is probably pushing it. :(
Yeah, that's what I was thinking - it's an E8600 so it's good for a dual core, was comparable in performance to a Q6600 before stuff was really optimised for quad cores, but nowadays... yeah. Think I might demo it like Genma:TheDestroyer suggests.

If not, you could always trawl Ebay for a dirt cheap old school quad core rig like I did more for my parents.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Win7-office...-83Ghz-4GB-Ram-VGA-1GB-HD-1-5GB-/201317408958

Q9550, 4 gigs of ram, 700 watt power supply, 1.5 Terabyte Drive, a GT 240 and more for 180 including shipping and handling. Truth be told I swiped the wi-fi card and most of the other incidentals. Can never have too many spares in your storage boxes.

You could do that then swap around parts from your old computer. Not going to take much to overcome a GT 240....

Edit: But holy shit, watch out for amateur cabling jobs. This man was a lunatic.

Last edited:

Cholo

Arcane
Game is dank, looks and runs great. Public online is full of retards though, has the Codex Krew pulled off any heists yet?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The game is pretty much well done all around. But I really have to admit that I'm kinda getting bored of it. If this was my first GTA game, I'd be all over the thing... but I've simply done this shit so many times already. I'm more interested in abusing the stock market and buying up properties than actually playing the game.

Not really a fault of the game, it just doesn't appeal to me in the same way any more. Saints Row has kinda spoiled me in this regard, GTA hasn't really shown anything new and surprising so far.

What's up with the clothing diversity though? Shops don't have that many options available. No hats either.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Remember that there are 4 different kinds of clothing shops. Different characters have different kinds of clothes too

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ready but we just gotta synchronize

Yep. If you played yesterday I missed it. But yeah, trying to do heists with randoms. Jesus H Christ. The heists seems fun as hell, but all these kids playing... I hope we can time it and play some of them together

MasPingon

Arcane
I'm looking for a group of players I can play some "more complicated" missions. They seem great, but public games are full of retards ruining the experience. I didn't see one player who would try to use stealth, when the game suggest you to take stealth approach. It usually always ends up with regequits. Are there any Codex groups? I got a non-steam version of the game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
I'm looking for a group of players I can play some "more complicated" missions. They seem great, but public games are full of retards ruining the experience. I didn't see one player who would try to use stealth, when the game suggest you to take stealth approach. It usually always ends up with regequits. Are there any Codex groups? I got a non-steam version of the game.

There is this group, I'm in it(tomme81): http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/rpg_kodex
It was created by Ivan

Edit:

Here is some nipple torture:

Last edited:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Well... I bought it. It's cheaper in Poland, and thank god for that. Now to joggle 7 DVDs.

Meh, I can only play this without constant stuttering if I limit it to 30 FPS. Seems like this game can't handle framerate changes. GTA IV runs at lower overall framerate but at least it doesn't stutter. I would write it off as cracked version being buggy but I see a lot of complaints on rockstar support page about this. Hopefully they patch it soon, playing with PS4 framerate brings the experience down a bit. At least it looks better, I can set everything on Very High except the textures because of 2gb VRAM on my GTX760 + 4xMSAA and TXAA and even bring extended distance sliders half way up. Downgrading car physics seems to have done wonders for optimization. While car handling is a significant decline from IV for me, pretty much everything else is a big improvement. Maybe except movement controls, they are more annoying in V to me, no more crouching so I actually feel forced to use cover system sometimes now and no more sprint toggle, with slow/fast walk mode that annoys the shit out of me because it changes often for no good reason. Other than that, loving it, looking forward to having money to actually buy this.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Which one? The prison break one is crazy fun :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom