Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Grand Theft Auto VI - PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S (Fall 2025)

Ezekiel

Arcane
Have long thought GTA should have a more detached, quiet protagonist whose morality is harder to define. Only says as much as needed, barely smiles.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If we ignore the sandbox murdering, isn't Nico just killing as a defense? I mean, his cousin got attacked by crazed Albanians, and then Russians or something.

It's been many years since I played the game, but yes if I remember correctly it starts out with Niko defending Roman and therefore his first killings are quite justified, but the game quickly devolves into Niko killing people left and right for whatever reasons the developers put in to have something for the player to do. By trying to make GTA main character more human, sympathetic and relatable it actually works counter to that and backfires for me. Now if you want to make a game about criminal amending their ways, that's well and good but it would need different gameplay than GTA, maybe an adventure game for example.
I agree with that, but honestly, that goes for most action-themed games. You murder thousands usually :) I usually accept that there will be a certain disconnect in games.

frajaq

Erudite
What's the message Rockstar is trying to convey here?

Qh9mFwe.jpg

9ted6

Educated
Surprised they used Tom Petty for the music. Was expecting some shitty 2020s rap or pop rock. Seems like they're trying to cash in on Vice City nostalgia though, I doubt 80s dadrock is going to be at all tonally relevant. There will be lots of awkward VC callbacks.

Demographics aren't woke. Miami's been majority hispanic for going on 40 years and there are almost double the number of blacks than whites, but hispanics beat blacks and whites combined. It's just the way it is. But it's going to be woke as shit, don't get me wrong. This is the first Rockstar game post-riots and covid, it's going to be even more woke than BG3 thanks to the inclusion of real political messaging.

My prediction is that there won't be any RL politician standins though. They're going to do this so they can make a blogpost later about how X politician isn't even in as a parody because that's how much they hate bigots or something. This will get them reddit points and journos praising them for their bravery.

Whatever satire there is will be entirely one sided, just like GTA 5 and RDR 2. I think they're going for a slightly more serious tone though, but not as serious as 4. Almost definitely gonna be a very predictable story ending in a forced tragedy.

Gameplay will be sped-up RDR 2 with even easier gunplay. Barren open world like GTA 5. It'll look pretty though.

The game will come out, get rave reviews from the usual websites, sell a shitload to normies then become an MP-only microtransaction machine.

9ted6

Educated

jaekl

Learned
Patron

OH PERFECT!! Romance!! My favorite crime!! Wow... to think profound romance is what GTA was sorely missing all this time. Thank god we will finally have a game coming out with romance in it because those are just so tough to find nowadays.

Jürgen

Literate
Surprised they used Tom Petty for the music. Was expecting some shitty 2020s rap or pop rock. Seems like they're trying to cash in on Vice City nostalgia though, I doubt 80s dadrock is going to be at all tonally relevant. There will be lots of awkward VC callbacks.

Demographics aren't woke. Miami's been majority hispanic for going on 40 years and there are almost double the number of blacks than whites, but hispanics beat blacks and whites combined. It's just the way it is. But it's going to be woke as shit, don't get me wrong. This is the first Rockstar game post-riots and covid, it's going to be even more woke than BG3 thanks to the inclusion of real political messaging.

My prediction is that there won't be any RL politician standins though. They're going to do this so they can make a blogpost later about how X politician isn't even in as a parody because that's how much they hate bigots or something. This will get them reddit points and journos praising them for their bravery.

Whatever satire there is will be entirely one sided, just like GTA 5 and RDR 2. I think they're going for a slightly more serious tone though, but not as serious as 4. Almost definitely gonna be a very predictable story ending in a forced tragedy.

Gameplay will be sped-up RDR 2 with even easier gunplay. Barren open world like GTA 5. It'll look pretty though.

The game will come out, get rave reviews from the usual websites, sell a shitload to normies then become an MP-only microtransaction machine.

The strong female character seems to be the woke bit as the male protagonist takes a backseat and a follower role. Whites will undoubtedly be portrayed as idiots and whatnot as usual.

Possibly boyfriend betrays his lady friend which allows her to start a lesbian relationship with an androgynous asexual identifying a horse or something. This is not made fun of which will be the real tragedy.

Latro

Arcane

The strong female character seems to be the woke bit as the male protagonist takes a backseat and a follower role. Whites will undoubtedly be portrayed as idiots and whatnot as usual.

Possibly boyfriend betrays his lady friend which allows her to start a lesbian relationship with an androgynous asexual identifying a horse or something. This is not made fun of which will be the real tragedy.
Gonna be:

True love ending: they stick by each other’s side and are guaranteed to die this way cuz muh Bonnie and clyde

One lives by betraying the other, player picks which character. Predictable endings as soon as the romance thing was confirmed

Jürgen

Literate
Gonna be:

True love ending: they stick by each other’s side and are guaranteed to die this way cuz muh Bonnie and clyde

One lives by betraying the other, player picks which character. Predictable endings as soon as the romance thing was confirmed

Yeah, this makes sense for sure.

I miss Claude and the ending they did in GTA III. Now that was something we we'd never see these days.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I expect good gameplay, an improvement over GTA5, but in this degenerate zoomer setting which basically makes it unplayable anyways

I think they saw how ADHD Cyberpunk was and decided that this is the way going forward, makes sense if you consider current internet culture.

This is the future of video gayms

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I expect good gameplay, an improvement over GTA5, but in this degenerate zoomer setting which basically makes it unplayable anyways

dunno about that but RDR2 s gameplay was a clear downgrade for me, over RDR1 and GTAV. It felt way too cumbersome.

Also there is no way current consoles could handle those beach sections. I'm forseeing huge downgrades in this games future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom