Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Greed Monger Insider Thread (drama inside)

GM_JamesPro

Savant
You guys REALLY make me laugh at times... However while I'm laughing at you guys in public I'm in private swearing and venting to Dark.

But REALLY do I need to set up a Live Stream on twitch or something and just Program for you guys so you can see that I know how to Program?

Luka-boy

Arcane
stephen-colbert-popcomaru9.gif

Tybost

Novice
"For any backers interested, a few weeks back, Gloriva Victis offered an invitation to their game with proof of purchase for Greed Monger funding:

Meanwhile, if there are any Greed Monger, Embers of Caerus or another MMORPG Kickstarters backers who were not delivered yet what they paid for please contact me via support@gloriavictisgame.com with showing some proof of your donation for those projects. I will gladly send you invitation into the Gloria Victis hoping that you won't loose believe in Indie Developers."

Andnjord

Arcane
-While we're waiting does anyone have any good swinger stories to share?
Your mom was swinging when your father was keeping your egg warm. (Do penguins have marriage? What is the penguin's society view on adultery? Do Emperor penguins have different views than the galapagos penguins?)

Yeah, I got nothing.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
-While we're waiting does anyone have any good swinger stories to share?
Your mom was swinging when your father was keeping your egg warm. (Do penguins have marriage? What is the penguin's society view on adultery? Do Emperor penguins have different views than the galapagos penguins?)

Yeah, I got nothing.
My wife mated for life... Penguin society sucks which is why I left. Theman has to take care of the babies and everything. Total femi-nazi shit. I snatched a hot looking chick and left that shit for greener pastures where the cannabis is green,the beer cold and the women subservient... Then I realized that place dosent exist and I ended up on the codex for utter disappointment with my life. =(

Hilary 2016?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Jason... 3 people who have posted in this thread know unequivocally that you are a fucking liar (edit: Yourself included. I'll give you that one). Wanna try to guess which 3?

Comeback. We miss you.

Intrigued007

Educated
Still waiting for substantial proof that $100,000+ wasn't stolen from the pockets of backers.

DarKPenguiN has offered to pay for a third party to review the financials in order to avoid personal information being leaked.

The ball is still in your court, James and Jason.

If your name is truly clean like you claim, put your money where you mouth is (literally), and prove it.

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
I would hate to see anything more leaked... Would be a motherfucking shame.

Third party is the best way to proceed.

EDIT- James need to stay out of this right now

Last edited:

MrSmiles

Barely Literate
You guys REALLY make me laugh at times... However while I'm laughing at you guys in public I'm in private swearing and venting to Dark.

But REALLY do I need to set up a Live Stream on twitch or something and just Program for you guys so you can see that I know how to Program?

Don't make it worse James, you have a chance to just bow out of this, and save some dignity. These people don't deserve to be played with, they've spent too much money to be further insulted. I noticed someone on the Greedmonger forums that invested 2,500 dollars basically saying, "Oh well... at least they tried". How shameful, I'd lose my mind... I'm upset at almost spending 500 dollars, and that didn't even happen. If you ran a livestream you'd just be looking at code in another window or on a separate monitor and copying someone's code. Just face the facts man, you are the "running joke" of the Unity forums. I'm in a private Unity develop group where we often see your post about working on new stuff, and say "Oh my guys, guess what James Proctor is doing now??? He's working on a new game concept template again!!!!" There is always someone that says, "Anyone want to bet money on him finishing it", and we're all like, "No, we'll be that he cancels it, and starts on something new in 2-3 days".

I'd like to know how you plan to code an MMO, and you have no proof of completing even a single-player game or technology for one. If you did a livestream, I'd be there just to be able to suggest crazy over-the-top things for you to code, and demanding that you code it on-the-spot, because you have to be that good to code an MMO. I'll admit I'm a beginning level coder, and get lots of help from many coders in the community, but at least I don't join or take jobs on projects acting like I know what I'm doing. Spare these people the anger, frustration of future failure. Just walk away and let these people see it done, and have their time to be angry, righteously.

Tybost

Novice
Confirmation regarding the offer that Gloria Victis made in April 2015 - Re-tweeted by Gloria Victis twitter https://twitter.com/gloriavictismmo

Officially reigniting the 1-month old offer to GM-Backers; Good on GV for swooping in!
lKAYJlE.jpg

Gloria Victis is a low fantasy Medieval MMORPG with an emphasis on realism. What does this mean? Open PvP with territory control, non-target combat, sandbox crafting, player-driven economy and no fireballs. All served up with a deep, mature story.

Intrigued007

Educated
If it's one thing James isn't capable of doing, it's keeping his mouth shut and proving he can actually do something worthwhile. Shouldn't really expect any more out of him. You've had 10+ years to prove you can code something, James ... And you can't even manage to finish a Space Invaders copy properly. You're a joke.

Last edited:

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
He essentially doxxed himself? =/
Could be a business address considering he supposedly lives in Cincinnati, OH.
Nah he lives in N KY.
South Cincinati OH and the covington KY (sp?) area across the bridge are kind of one city in 2 states if that makes sense. Lots of people live in covengton work and play in cincinatti because KY is just better than Ohio =P Its like anyone within a 30 mile radius of detroit is 'from detroit" - Same thing.

And yeah- I'm sure its business info. he isnt stupid- But thats still funny.

I think he used to live OH though until around the time he did the GM KS when he moved.

EDIT-I hear theres Nightclub problems jason- Sorry to hear that. Still have other business downtown?

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
Well, I guess Jason isnt going to come back.

Jason, I know you're reading this and right now the GM saga isnt over until you stand by the words you posted on this very day and this very forum.

You came here on your own and posted that you showed james records proving that all the money had been accounted for. You felt confident in doing so because james had already publicly proclaimed the exact same thing. More crazy shit (maybe the last crazy shit) in this saga is that I know you are lying.

James certainly has said nothing to taint your name but I have. I said...You...Are...A...Motherfucking...Liar. I would now like to put this all to rest so we can all move on. You didnt have to come here and say anything. I am not taking you out of context or bringing up quotes from a year ago. This was today. A few hours ago.

I would like you to account for the words you said here a few hours ago.I have offered a way to arrange this without your financial info being out in the open. How long will it take an attorney to look over a few paypal statements? I know you have alot to think about- Unlike rushing contracts to be signed before proper time is extended for anyone to get some advice- You should mull all of this over long and hard.

Damn man- We were 1 step away from all this being over and then you came here. Baiting you back here obviously isnt going to work but you can post here or PM me so we can hash this out. If you PM me I will make the PM public but either way ill play nice and civil from now on but you now need to back up your words. Its simple - Words you felt confident enough to post here a few hours ago. Words you now have to defend and stand behind one way or the other.

And man-I know you could see the light at the end of the tunnel. You got brave.You felt a semblance of control over this firestorm.

I have one thing to say about that. LOLZ.

Azrile

Literate
So let me just make sure I have the story straight

Proctor and Joel took over GM a few months ago.. and made big promises to work hard to deliver the game and to mail out the t-shirts

Since then
1. Proctor has started working on a zombie game
2. Proctor has cancelled 2 stress tests of GM
3. Joel, despite saying he could self-fund GM, does not have enough money to buy plastic bags for the t-shirts

Proctor is lying to you all. This was about one thing.. those art assets and the software. Proctor quit a few months ago... but he never expected Appleton to demand the software and art asset licenses to be returned. That is the ONLY reason Proctor made the deal to take over GM.. and once he made that deal, he has done nothing on GM..

Here are two quotes from James he made in the last week

This is what Proctor wrote on May 25th
If we do our own MMO then believe me we will go through GM's Source and Assets and reuse whatever we can from it for our own MMO.

Then people started calling him out for stealing the stuff from GM to use on his new game... so....

Then in the post linked above on May 27th
We did NOT take over GM just for licenses and assets. There will be no Assets from GM used in ANY of our Projects until the time comes that we have the funding to purchase those assets on our own.

Proctor is an absolute clown. He is not a game developer.. he just uses other people´s stuff to make it look like he is making a game... which is why he has like a dozen half-done projects which are mainly comprised of other people´s stuff. Even what he showed of GreedMonger is mostly just Atavism and UMA which are made by other people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom