Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You can buy the game without expansions, it is a long slog already. Expansion really comes into play late game anyway, unless you want to play the new class or something.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Base game is worth the £6 easily. I got over 50 hours out of it before getting a bit burned out. One of the best of that style of game imo. Just don't pick a passive class like a reflect tank or pet build first time around, go for something that blows shit up. There's loads of enjoyable classes.

I had tons of fun with necro class.

Drain Essense Focused Necro+Shaman Vitality Caster something similar to this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jOvDnV
Pokemon master necro+Occult something similar to this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aOjQEZ
Poison Caster necro+Occult something like https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28WrGyN

Didn't get even one of the builds to lv 100 (usually end at 60ish and starting ultimate).

but eh i find the inquisitor to be much less fun then necro.
I have been trying a WPS focused Elemental 2H ranged Shaman+Inquisitor; but honestly a lightning 2H melee Soldier+Shaman does better (savagery+WPS; unmodified primal strike as "Nuke")

Am I doing this wrong or is there actually a fun inquisitor build to play

Okagron

Prophet
Fire Forcewave Tactician, Sword and Shield Pierce Cadence Tactician, Drain Essence Aether Apostate, Obsidian Tremor (the skill from the Obsidian Juggernaut weapon) Deceiver. I also enjoyed my Fire Fire Strike Purifier.

deama

Prophet
Am I doing this wrong or is there actually a fun inquisitor build to play
I played through with a "glyph meister" inquisitor. Basically you get the 3 main glyphs, get as much casting/cooldown speed as you can, I remember it being fun.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Inquisitor looks too support-y for my taste. Like it was designed to fill weak spots in other classes, as opposed to a coherent (gameplay-wise) class on its own.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Eh? It's the class to go full dual ranged with.

I mean, the obvious pairing is Demo for Fire Strike, but you could make it work with Soldier, too. Unlike Demo, for example, it's got several Exclusive skills, which massively power up the build. The Tier 1 passive is amazing and lets you dual without the relic.

Any dual ranged build not built on an Inquisitor is silly buggerism.

Wait until you're a machine gun spewing fire/cold/lightning that melts virtually anything in front of it, even with subpar equipment. Obviously, too fragile for Crucible, but can crush most content effortlessly.

On a separate note, they better fucking address the horrific lack of an Aether focused class in the next expansion. Only two masteries even touch Aether, and it's not the focus of either. A melee Aether character essentially has to be Necro+whatever, because you sure as shit aren't going melee with a Mage-based Aether build. And it's largely going to fucking suck, because there's just not enough synergy with Devotions/equipment.

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

On a separate note, they better fucking address the horrific lack of an Aether focused class in the next expansion. Only two masteries even touch Aether, and it's not the focus of either. A melee Aether character essentially has to be Necro+whatever, because you sure as shit aren't going melee with a Mage-based Aether build. And it's largely going to fucking suck, because there's just not enough synergy with Devotions/equipment.

Aether Battlemage rapes faces though with the right gear.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Exactly, it fills a weak spot in other classes. You could dual-wield pistols before, but you had to jump through hoops and now Inquisitor-man comes to the rescue to fill that gap. It doesn't really have an identity of its own, especially outside of the dual-wield tree. And I mean gameplay-wise.

I mean, the obvious pairing is Demo for Fire Strike, but you could make it work with Soldier, too. Unlike Demo, for example, it's got several Exclusive skills, which massively power up the build. The Tier 1 passive is amazing and lets you dual without the relic.

Any dual ranged build not built on an Inquisitor is silly buggerism.

Wait until you're a machine gun spewing fire/cold/lightning that melts virtually anything in front of it, even with subpar equipment. Obviously, too fragile for Crucible, but can crush most content effortlessly.

If u mean a dual ranged wps inquositor. tried that. too fragile for my tastes even with word of renewal and inquisitor seal. a lightning ranged 2h shaman with savagery, feral hunger and wendigo totem can perform aa similar role with the life leech and pet heals aading much more survivability, especially if u pair it woth necro for another wps and mark of torment.

OTOH,
Necro+Occult poison caster with transmited eye of dreeg and ravenous earth as main skills is THE most fun to play caster build. And quite efficient. Ill omen, mrk of fraility and blood of dreeg ensure lots of survivability.

Not to mention with a full pet necro+occult u can literally sit on ur ass and eat ur dinner while the game plays otself.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is largely true, except that Aether death knight OR Battlemage w/the Krieg set (last I checked) is one of the strongest builds you can possibly make by the end.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Honestly, I've never got to the lvl 90+ stuff.

I'd hate to have to level to that point for the 'good stuff'.

Forgotten Gods is the new Grim Dawn expansion I assume.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWqdlyN
Also tried a Physical 1H+Shield Cadence/WPS death Knight and it quite fun. Obviously not lv90+; playing in crucible.

Basically Oleron's wrath linked to cadence and msot fo the other devotion skills linked to WPS.

Just blitz to a target, war cry (for resisit reduction) and left click cadence it into oblivion. Other than the cadence boosted 3rd strike, other strikes are WPS procs guaranteed. and with the attack spped Deadly Momentum is always in effect.
Also keep spamming overgaurd for huge survivability boost.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Played for a few hours now (fitting around work and life) and got to say i'm impressed: The setting is interesting, take note Tyranny here is a world where evil won far better implemented. The art style is restrained and realistic mostly and so highlights when weird shit pops up. The graphics are fucking great and ofttimes beautiful, be fine if every game were of this quality, don't need no more. The gameplay is at first simple and intuitive but quickly branches out into a fair bit of complexity with build and playing choices. You actually can explore the bloody huge gameworld, refreshing and intriguing. Yadda, yadda, sucking games cock.

Couple o drawbacks from my perspective: PC is a bit boring to look at, could do wi some basic customisation option. Big, medium, small. Fat, thin, muscular. Hair, long, short, bald. I'm thinking something like the first Dungeon Siege, simple but distinctive. The UI has a few too many buttons around, i'd prefer a nice bit of collapsable in game art, wi few essentials. We all use shortcuts anyway. Maybe a bit fast playstyle for me, feels a touch floaty.

Overall cock on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom