Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Reinhardt

Arcane
I really don't like how epic armor sets look. Hit lvl 50 and suddenly my character went from cool WWI soldier to some World of Warcraft thing...

Reinhardt

Arcane
So after unlocking ultimate i started new character on it. Melee fucking soldier. Spent two day clearing act 1 and dying left and right but something was missing. So i googled and YES - you can't get inventory bag in act 1 on ultimate! So game forcing me to play on normal to get it?
Also grimtools is ded so it don't help my soldier building either...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I rather liked my Toon look after he hit level 50 and got those Inqusitors/Paladins special gear to be Honest Comrade but maybe they looked bit anachronistic in 1880s-90s setting but the magic explained why you would done those relics and smite the Evil in then name of Menhir.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
My soldier right now is running around in Perdition set. Pity i can't change look of totally normal buckler in main hand into another Faith's Guard for 5 more crosses. Because there is never enough crosses.

7d84fca0699f3ba02796fc9d09edb553.jpg

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
you can't get inventory bag in act 1 on ultimate! So game forcing me to play on normal to get it?
When you unlock a difficulty setting via an item you get all the bags at once. You can't get more than 5 additional bags.

Reinhardt

Arcane
you can't get inventory bag in act 1 on ultimate! So game forcing me to play on normal to get it?
When you unlock a difficulty setting via an item you get all the bags at once. You can't get more than 5 additional bags.
I'm playing custom game because i wanted big stash so i don't need item - elite and ultimate just unlocked for everyone when i played first character. But no bags.
So i started normal and did first two quests. Grabbed bag. And two free devotion shrines as compensation.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Sooo... What exactly happened with this game after recent patching?

I started a new toon, picked soldier to try soldier/inquisitor. On veteran playing the tankiest class in the game currently feels like I'm running a piece of wet paper. Those spiders shooting poison absolutely melt me, I'm mashing health pot button like a retard to not die in a fraction of a second. Does the game now expect me to have maxed out resistances before level 10? The most basic mosquito takes like 4-5 hits and any named critter is a rough equivalent of end game boss number of hits wise lol.

I'm highly confused. Did people actually ask for this? This is way more tedious than it is interesting or challenging.

I like the new aesthetics and qol stuff though.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Well, this is quite an extreme understatement. I can't even imagine how it would be to play a melee that is not as tanky as soldier is even early on. Nor do I want to tbh.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Melee Soldier/Inquisitor doesn't sound like it has a very good start, honestly. It seems like ranged mobs with wreck it and it doesn't have fast access to active defensive abilities. And I doubt you've leaned heavily into the Military Conditioning "line" or Overguard. I'd go two pistols and then respec at some point.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Dude, did you even play the game recently? I'm talking first levels of the game, I didn't "invest heavily" in shit, because I was like level 8 when I quit. Also, what does it even have to do with what was the gist of my post?

Lacrymas

Arcane
I suspect other classes won't have the same problems is what I'm saying, especially if you are putting points in whatever you want. Melees had a rough start even before they buffed the mobs.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
No one had a rough start on veteran, even if you just clicked at random both when fighting and character building, again - what are you even talking about? I'm talking about going from smooth sailing up until maybe the secret bug queen boss with any possible character/build to fucking spawning on the second level of the cellars beneath the base town and being instakilled before you can reach "9".

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any good mods?

D2 mod is mostly done. Installed it yesterday and i am impressed by it. There are working now on better multiplayer support because it doesn't work correctly as they want it to work.

Giving this a try as well. It's surprisingly fun so far! But this is probably gonna get C&D'd at some point, they're using audio and images from D2.

Lacrymas

Arcane
No one had a rough start on veteran
That's not true. I recently (like 6 months ago) made a Necro/Nightblade, I started with Nightblade and noticed how much rougher it is compared to casters or ranged builds. I should've immediately gone for Night's Chill, but how should I know, I just picked what I wanted in the beginning. So, yeah, melees had it rougher and now it's even more so. Moral of the story is either don't begin with melee, feed yourself items through the crucible smith, or know what abilities to pick for an easy start.

Hyperion

Arcane
Any good mods?

D2 mod is mostly done. Installed it yesterday and i am impressed by it. There are working now on better multiplayer support because it doesn't work correctly as they want it to work.

Giving this a try as well. It's surprisingly fun so far! But this is probably gonna get C&D'd at some point, they're using audio and images from D2.
He got hit with one short into the development, which is part of why it took so long to complete. Contentwise it's complete now, the modder is actually pulling away from the project to become a full-time gamedev.

A couple of guys with the code, and knowhow are going to finish it up in the spirit of Diablo - remove Grim Dawn items, balance uniques, droprates, and difficulty (Mephisto is way overtuned compared to his brothers, for example), skill balance etc. Then it'll be done.

As long as someone has the mod installed, not much a Cease and Desist can do at this point.

Reinhardt

Arcane

I started a new toon, picked soldier to try soldier/inquisitor. On veteran playing the tankiest class in the game currently feels like I'm running a piece of wet paper. Those spiders shooting poison absolutely melt me, I'm mashing health pot button like a retard to not die in a fraction of a second. Does the game now expect me to have maxed out resistances before level 10? The most basic mosquito takes like 4-5 hits and any named critter is a rough equivalent of end game boss number of hits wise lol.

I'm highly confused. Did people actually ask for this? This is way more tedious than it is interesting or challenging.

I'm playing soldier/oathkeeper on ultimate. First levels for soldier - find lone zombie and prepare to drink potions. Just in case. Two is too much.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any good mods?

He got hit with one short into the development, which is part of why it took so long to complete. Contentwise it's complete now, the modder is actually pulling away from the project to become a full-time gamedev.

A couple of guys with the code, and knowhow are going to finish it up in the spirit of Diablo - remove Grim Dawn items, balance uniques, droprates, and difficulty (Mephisto is way overtuned compared to his brothers, for example), skill balance etc. Then it'll be done.

As long as someone has the mod installed, not much a Cease and Desist can do at this point.

Oh, that's interesting. I wonder how he was able to continue after that, like the stuff is ripped straight from D2. But yeah, not much it would do at this point since most of the stuff is already done and distributed.

I'm playing soldier/oathkeeper on ultimate. First levels for soldier - find lone zombie and prepare to drink potions. Just in case. Two is too much.

I just played with that combo too. Invest in that shield throwing skill (aegis of mehnir or whatever) so you have ranged.

As an aside about using this class combo:

in regards to devotion points I found targos hammer combined with shield maiden and then all the shield block recovery investment points I could invest in to be absolutely the most devastating combination of skills I have ever used in the game.

Invest in that shield throwing skill (aegis of mehnir or whatever) so you have ranged.
That's exactly how my fight with reanimator in burial cave went - i was running circles and throwing shield hoping rng will chose him as target.
lol, yeah thats how you have to do it at first. And the Aether crystal takes pot shots at you unless you can take it out from the edge of the bridge while running around and away from the animator and his hordes. Later you can fight differently and tear through mobs, but on ultimate at low level you have to just run around surviving.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom