Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Viata

Arcane
Gotta say guys, playing the game while finding things and posting/reading it here is pretty much making my enjoyment of this game way better. Thanks . :hero:

bataille

Arcane
Don't superID bone daggers, the game crashes 100% of the times when you do so.

Also, what does the SAVE [number] means when you superID some items?
And that C- on the mask?

ghmytnjtg.jpg
I think Save 25 is save against curse you need, maybe. As for C-, probably the item rank?

No, that save is mentioned on all kinds of stuff, even consumables. Maybe it's just the difficulty you need to overcome to superID as item. I think a firestorm spellbook had save 50...
And only the death mask has C-. Probably a code for its curse... I'd compare it with the bone dagger, but the game breaks on superIDing it.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Don't superID bone daggers, the game crashes 100% of the times when you do so.

Also, what does the SAVE [number] means when you superID some items?
And that C- on the mask?

ghmytnjtg.jpg
I think Save 25 is save against curse you need, maybe. As for C-, probably the item rank?

No, that save is mentioned on all kinds of stuff, even consumables. Maybe it's just the difficulty you need to overcome to superID as item. I think a firestorm spellbook had save 50...
And only the death mask has C-. Probably a code for its curse... I'd compare it with the bone dagger, but the game breaks on superIDing it.

It could be the resist save for using the mask's ability on an enemy?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Just FYI - everyone in Crowl becomes super pissed at you if you kill Krone. He called me a knave so I had little choice.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am in the shrine of the raptor but I choose to start on the wilderness instead of the Shrine and my party didnt start with the Owl Statue... is that some sort of bug or can I find the statue later on?

gestalt11

Arbiter
So that skill dump earlier in the thread said Berserker got Alcehmistry and Warrior got Sorcery. Are these classes eventually able to cast spells? Also what makes Sage different from Wizard? In Wiz7-8 it was pretty much the skills that determined spell casting and thus Bishop to Faerie Ninja was able to do almost everything, but Sages basically get all the Wiz skills and more. Does Class determine spell choice?

Is it just me or is Bless
So that skill dump earlier in the thread said Berserker got Alcehmistry and Warrior got Sorcery. Are these classes eventually able to cast spells? Also what makes Sage different from Wizard? In Wiz7-8 it was pretty much the skills that determined spell casting and thus Bishop to Faerie Ninja was able to do almost everything, but Sages basically get all the Wiz skills and more. Does Class determine spell choice?
Yes, they eventually start getting spells in my experience.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Sage differs from Wizard in that it can use Musical Instruments, so in my mind that makes them 1000x better than Wizard.

Kayerts

Arcane
A bit of research on spell access, using Zep's editor (up to 99999 xp):

1) New spells unlock depending on level only. Magic skill value doesn't seem to matter.
2) Spell access is defined solely by class, not by skill they have. Rangers, metalsmiths, thaumaturges and thieves all have alchemy but different spell lists.

Now for the fun thing - what squishy things you can discard:

WIZARD spell list is accessible to BARDs starting with level 3.
CLERIC spell list is accessible to TEMPLARS and BARDS (Jesus...) starting with level 3. Yes, starting with level 3 your bard can replace both your cleric and wizard, lagging 2 levels behind, give or take 1 for occasional exception spell. When she's not spamming a lyre. :roll:
THAUMATURGE spell list is accessible to RANGERS starting with level 4 and THIEVES starting with level 6. No bards this time, thank god.
SAGE spell list is accessible to METALSMITHS starting with level 6. Kinda too late to be useful.
NECROMANCER spell list is mostly unique (I'd suspect assassins access it, but since you can't have them out of the box, the point is moot)

I wonder how ridiculous a 2x ranger, 2x metalsmith, 2x templar and 2x bard party is going to get after surviving the first couple of levels worth of disease...

Did some poking at the elite classes. Additional info, based on best guesses at recognizing spell lists:

The JESTER gets access to SAGE and WIZARD spell lists, starting at level 3.
The ASSASSIN gets access to the THAUMATURGE and NECROMANCER skills, starting at level 3.
The PIRATE gets access to the WIZARD and THAUMATURGE spell lists, starting at level 6. (Not incredibly useful.)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
By the time I was through Crowl villiage I had over 40 Cauduces of Life! It seems like the easiest and cheapest way to remove permanent status effects (paralyze, diseased, ect) was to just let the PC die and resurect. They come back with full health and mana and only the status effects that can be cured by resting.
Sages and clerics can obtain a cure disease spell at level 4; much simpler than letting someone die from disease. I think paralysis wears off over time.

So that skill dump earlier in the thread said Berserker got Alcehmistry and Warrior got Sorcery. Are these classes eventually able to cast spells?
My 5th level ranger PC gained spells starting at level 4. I still don't have any spells with my 5th level warrior, berserker, or thief PCs. Hope I get them soon.

Also what makes Sage different from Wizard? In Wiz7-8 it was pretty much the skills that determined spell casting and thus Bishop to Faerie Ninja was able to do almost everything, but Sages basically get all the Wiz skills and more. Does Class determine spell choice?
I only have one playthrough to judge from, but there have been distinct differences in the spells offered to my sage, cleric, wizard, and thaumaturge PCs (e.g. the cleric receives largely healing and protection spells). My guess is spell availability is deterministic, not randomized.

mondblut

Arcane
So that skill dump earlier in the thread said Berserker got Alcehmistry and Warrior got Sorcery. Are these classes eventually able to cast spells?

If they do, it happens very late. Past level 7 at least.

Also what makes Sage different from Wizard? In Wiz7-8 it was pretty much the skills that determined spell casting and thus Bishop to Faerie Ninja was able to do almost everything, but Sages basically get all the Wiz skills and more. Does Class determine spell choice?

Yes, different spell list. Sage gets all the important cleric spells and most of wizardry ones. Many spells are shared between spelllists, but come at different levels. Sage get all the key exploration spells very early, when they matter the most. More importantly, wizard and cleric lists are fully available to bard from level 3, while sage list is only available to metalsmith and much later.

Wizards seem to get shitty spells anyway. If you want a magic cannon, go for thaumaturge instead.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So, what is the answer to the Reaver on Waterport? I tried COLLECT POSSESSIONS, MY HOUSE, LOOTING, ITEMS... and nothing.

Viata, can you please spoiler your questions? You're ahead of most people.

climber513

Literate
Ok. Multiple dead ends - looking for some help / comments

1. Killed the Horror, went through the teleporter - no idea how to pass the Exemplar Seal, this one is the one I imagine is blocking forward progress. Any clues?

Despite all the clues referencing "Timeless Lessons" section of the Catacombs
I still have no idea how to translate that to the 6 actions available for the Chronoworks in the Museum of Magic

3. What do the glowing orbs that you can turn on / off in Samhain do?

4. What is the fricking nest in the Eyrie for?

Everyone in Crowl is pissed about a certain NPC being dead after he attacked me. This seems dumb.

Really enjoying the game. Finding the broken abilities
(cough Deep Freeze cough cough)
is really fun.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Thank god I put some points in Climbing.

How does that work? You need to invest in climbing with all characters equally or just one?
Equally. When you climb(up or down), every char is tested, so if you succeed, it means everyone passed the test, thus you get extra exp. I not every char that failed, take some damage. If you fail, it means everyone failed thus some items also break.

When going down, I suppose you can cast Featherfall. It worked in Wizardry too.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Had to download the earlier version since Cleve activated auto-updates and my saves stopped working.

Basically, start the Steam console by typing this in the browser: steam://nav/console

Then in the Steam console type in:
download_depot 650670 650672 7939698706882502090

If you want other previous versions, you need to change the last number (ManifestID). A list of all ManifestID's is here:
https://steamdb.info/depot/650672/manifests/

Sherry

Arcane
Had to download the earlier version since Cleve activated auto-updates and my saves stopped working.

Basically, start the Steam console by typing this in the browser: steam://nav/console

Then in the Steam console type in:
download_depot 650670 650672 7939698706882502090

If you want other previous versions, you need to change the last number (ManifestID). A list of all ManifestID's is here:
https://steamdb.info/depot/650672/manifests/

HI!!!!

heart.png
heart.png
xoxoxo tu sooooooo much for these directions but for me to get it to stop crashing I followed your directions but had to copy the files from steam\steamapps\content\app_650670\depot_650670 and overwrite the files that got updated in steamapps\common\Grimoire_directory but it w
heart.png
heart.png
heart.png
heart.png
heart.png
rks!

all of my hearts all of my kisses Lady Error does not know what she's been a missing oh no! lol :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How do you get across the gorge?

I suppose you need to activate a bridge. Is that where the stepping stones come in?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom