Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Okay, I think I missed the

Samhain Mausoleum. On what map do I find access to it?

Viata, do you remember where it was?

The mausoleum is off the side alley in the room with the acme machine and the one light bulb thing, near the Samhain entrance with the four light bulbs and tablet thing.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I'm pretty much done with the "first act", but I am missing a few things. 100% on nearly all maps, but...

Great Hall of Samhain, when you sleep on the demonic summoning circle, you get a message but nothing else happens, is this relevant?

Also in the Great Hall of Samhain, the rune slab and the lightning orbs, how do they work?

And how do I decode the runes to unlock the Phoenix Gate in Samhain?

When you decode the runes in the sw of Samhain underworld it gives this message (I was guessing it may be ancient customs or whatever that skill is maybe, or assay, my metal smith does both for my team and he deciphered it after like 20 tries).

moon, moon
fire, fish
fire, fish
man

I'd like to know the answers to the other two questions too.

Anyone know the answers to the other two questions?

Viata

Arcane
I'm assuming those Rune Slab is some kind of teleporter, I don't know. But I keep seeing them more and more, whenever I move to some new location.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
And this time I missed the memo about the sequence of actions at the altar of Hobknob. In old versions I think the Tome contained instructions what to do, but this time it only contains some poetic text instead, so I had to go by memory. How did you guys figured it out without my background?
Every codexer already knows the answer.

:necro:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm assuming those Rune Slab is some kind of teleporter, I don't know. But I keep seeing them more and more, whenever I move to some new location.
You probably cast a spell on it and it will teleport you to a plane of something. I'm assuming it's something similar to legacy: realm of terror with the runestones.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Good news, men. DECLINE development will continue

Nekot-The-Brave has graciously sent me a Steam key.

Nekot-The-Brave

His name will be prominatly in the editor.

Thanks Man!

Zep--

rickralsten

Educated
How do you manually delete one of the postage stamp saves? My slot #1 still appears to be a save from the 1.07 version, and even when I try to over write it with my current version save, that doesn't seem to work.

climber513

Literate
Anyone find a way to effectively deal with Lizardmen? The instakill on any hit when you have to fight 24 is ..... a bit much.

rickralsten

Educated
OK, here's what my problem appears to be. I can save a game in a NEW slot, but when I try to over write a slot, the save doesn't "take." It just happened to me in game and I lost an hour of progress. How can I fix this problem?

Sherry

Arcane
I got maybe six scroll parchments with spells on them and have them all identified but I am not sure how to learn those spells to have them added to a spellbook.

Scrolls are for one-time casting of the spell only. Spellbooks are for learning spells.

Hi!

tu friend for that information it is good to know and tu for not spoiling me on my other questions as I took some time away with a few drinks and am now over my head with Hobknob combat and have hit a wall right now I hope another bottle will get me through this annoyance or I find something in my inventory to destory this eight-legged little (#$*!

What did you do?

Thanks,
Sherry

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good going so far with version .1 but but now I am kind of stuck, I found the book of spiders but I will hold on to that until do the ceremony but now I am kind of lost where to go in the Black Lich lair... I remembered I could go down the well but clicking on it does nothing and I dont recall where to get the name of the lich to open his trap
About what nixeb said yeah I picked the wilderness start and now I cannot access the secret area in the raptor shrine so I dont have the faintest idea how to do riddle of the machine in the museum

Sherry

Arcane
Good going so far with version .1 but but now I am kind of stuck, I found the book of spiders but I will hold on to that until do the ceremony but now I am kind of lost where to go in the Black Lich lair... I remembered I could go down the well but clicking on it does nothing and I dont recall where to get the name of the lich to open his trap
About what nixeb said yeah I picked the wilderness start and now I cannot access the secret area in the raptor shrine so I dont have the faintest idea how to do riddle of the machine in the museum

Hi!!!!

gosh this is so me about 30 minutes ago how cool is that right? ru drinking a bottle fine red wine too? :D

from my post-it-notes use ESOPH on the giant face sculpture to open the door this is the name of the black lich!!

okay. Okay! OKAY! So take a look at my avatar. Do you have one that is dead but not as cute? find an empty alcove. use what Ultima is known for!

PREPARE TO GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU!

Thanks,
Sherry

Viata

Arcane
Has anyone found the pirate eyepatch?
I have the other 2 pieces, and feel like I have run out of places to look in the immediate vicinity of Waterport. I even killed Black Pierre thinking that was a sure bet for one, but nope.
Hints appreciated.
I found eyepatch on waterport. One of the first houses, secret wall if I'm not mistaken.
Also:
Were you able to break the glass with Little Rosy's sister inside? If so, how?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
OK, here's what my problem appears to be. I can save a game in a NEW slot, but when I try to over write a slot, the save doesn't "take." It just happened to me in game and I lost an hour of progress. How can I fix this problem?

Download and re-install the latest version .12 - that should fix this issue in version .9

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Hi!

tu friend for that information it is good to know and tu for not spoiling me on my other questions as I took some time away with a few drinks and am now over my head with Hobknob combat and have hit a wall right now I hope another bottle will get me through this annoyance or I find something in my inventory to destory this eight-legged little (#$*!

What did you do?

Play the Slumber Lyre with a Bard. It may be a bit like cheating for now, but I think it's okay if nothing else helps. Or if you do not have a Bard, play the Slumber Lyre by having one of the characters use it directly from the inventory.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I remembered I could go down the well but clicking on it does nothing and I dont recall where to get the name of the lich to open his trap

You need the name of the monk who became the Black Lich. Gorlo can tell you if you ask him about the scandal. Or if you're lazy it's
Esoph

Those two are not related. For the machine in the museum you need to find the 'poem' in the catacombs and see which words come up in which order both in the poem and in the machine. Also, the machine is for a later puzzle.

climber513

Literate
Has anyone found the pirate eyepatch?
I have the other 2 pieces, and feel like I have run out of places to look in the immediate vicinity of Waterport. I even killed Black Pierre thinking that was a sure bet for one, but nope.
Hints appreciated.
I found eyepatch on waterport. One of the first houses, secret wall if I'm not mistaken.
Also:
Were you able to break the glass with Little Rosy's sister inside? If so, how?

Use the tuning fork - I think I got it on the same ship she is captive in.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
need a hint

I killed the mummy in Aquavia and got the seal of Loogmar. I asked Smithers about his father and got the quest to find the marques/found out about Samhain. I picked the lock to the Catacombs, explored it, killed the ungrateful dead, found the tomb of Mistral. I can't figure out what to do next/where to go. I assume I'm supposed to place Mistrals remains in his tomb but I can't get into the Cenotaph, where Mistral disappeared. I've been to the Tomb of Saint George and found the inscription telling me that a secret entrance to Samhain is in the NW of the Garden, but it is seemingly describing the entrance to the Cenotaph, which I can't get into. Do I have everything I need at this point to get to where I need to go?

climber513

Literate
need a hint

I killed the mummy in Aquavia and got the seal of Loogmar. I asked Smithers about his father and got the quest to find the marques/found out about Samhain. I picked the lock to the Catacombs, explored it, killed the ungrateful dead, found the tomb of Mistral. I can't figure out what to do next/where to go. I assume I'm supposed to place Mistrals remains in his tomb but I can't get into the Cenotaph, where Mistral disappeared. I've been to the Tomb of Saint George and found the inscription telling me that a secret entrance to Samhain is in the NW of the Garden, but it is seemingly describing the entrance to the Cenotaph, which I can't get into. Do I have everything I need at this point to get to where I need to go?

You missed something in the Catacombs.
Recall that the Bishop was involved in sealing the Cenotaph.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I can't seem you use my Bard's Lyre. He however has not identified it yet. Also I have it equipped. Do I need to move it to the inventory?

When I click use, then click on the Lyre in his hand, it does nothing.

Sherry

Arcane
need a hint

Hi!

do not get discouraged because there are no markers pointing thew ay or a compass to show an arrow on the direction you need to take I am with you!! this is my first kind of game like this so I am learning as I go as well and will always help anyone who asks where I have already been so I will be there for you, these fives words I swear to you, when you breathe I will be the air for you, I will be there for YOU!

kk to enter the lair of the Black Lich you need a HAND. How is that for a helping HAND!

Thanks,
Sherry

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I can't seem you use my Bard's Lyre. He however has not identified it yet. Also I have it equipped. Do I need to move it to the inventory?

When I click use, then click on the Lyre in his hand, it does nothing.

You need to 'fight' to use the Lyre when it's equipped.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom