Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Baptismbyfire

Liturgist
It seems not even the neanderthal is impervious to the temptations of capitalism, and is busy trying to peddle his ware.

After all, backers are a done deal, so he can afford to ignore us.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Shining in the Darkness does not have this turning problem.

The trick is an optical illusion: you have to draw the player's eye to the right reference point as the turn is happening. You always have those reference points in Shining in the Darkness.

Vagiel

Augur
Looks like Shields sell for a lot of money. A simple wooden shield sells for 2200 gold!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyways, I admit I had zero faith that this game would be released in my lifetime, but now I bought it, and I am eagerly awaiting a chance to play it! Saluations Cleve!

PS: I originally joined this forum in 2012 after some years of lurking, just to write in the Grimoire thread after seeing the IndieGoGo campaign video. (and ended up calling you Steve for some reason..). It's been a good ride these last 5-6 years so far!

:excellent:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Whats your channel- Sounds fun to watch.

It's in the sig, ofc.

Review for Grimoire when?

Probably never? I dunno, it's a buggy, messy shit made by clinically insane dude. Why would anyone want to play that? It's ok to waste 5 mins or so on the drama and lulz (though these do get old fast - I can't imagine how this is going on for 20 years), but that's pretty much that.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Has anyone, for example, done the fight with Hobknob without cheesing sleep?

He puts up magic screen before you can do anything, all the nukes bounce back or backfire. And if you don't keep him asleep, he can heal himself and and kill 1-2 chars before your even get your turn to act.

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Has anyone, for example, done the fight with Hobknob without cheesing sleep?

My bard knocked the mummy out throwing a lead ball as an extra attack during the first round and he remained unconscious for the rest of the battle. Haven't fought Hobknob yet, though, but so far nothing seems to be inmune to knockouts.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
1685 owners so far. Taking into account regional pricing and Steam's 30% cut I guess we could say that Cleve has made about $40k of net income so far.

Not bad at all.

Guess there really is a market for shitty Wiz 7 clones. How long till other indie devs hop on the train?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
m7BitnR.png
7219b953-1efa-4791-adba-7d213b572df2

A games' merit being judged solely on its quality is a nightmare for these SJWs and their RPGMaker tranny simulators.

Kitchen Utensil

Hate speech!

Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

speech.

Last edited by a moderator:

FugueLah

Scholar
By constantly coming back to this thread to remind everyone that the game he hasn't played is terrible, it is painfully obvious that this Drog guy is full of envy.

I guess he is too autistic to realize it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
1685 owners so far. Taking into account regional pricing and Steam's 30% cut I guess we could say that Cleve has made about $40k of net income so far.

Not bad at all.

Guess there really is a market for shitty Wiz 7 clones. How long till other indie devs hop on the train?

In the comments section for the latest Steam update Cleve says the real number is over 2200.

biggestboss

Liturgist
I love the old school attention to detail in this game, like performing the ritual in the Cenotaph Vault.

Cleve, is there any chance of a function to sort or at least compress the inventory of empty spaces? I guess I'll put this in your Steam suggestions thread. Thanks again for what will be considered a timeless classic in years.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected

Not bad at all.

In the comments section for the latest Steam update Cleve says the real number is over 2200.
Sure, Cleve's not a man known to exaggerate things a little, huh.

bataille

Arcane
OH MY GOD!

If you choose one of the arrows that scroll inventory with left click and then HOLD ENTER it will FASTSCROLL the inventory!!

This should be the first sentence in every quickstart guide!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom