Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grip - Spiritual Successor to Rollcage - OUT NOW

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:hmmm:

How about putting the game on GOG or a DRM-free physical release instead of stupid in-game advertising?
I'm not going to give money to Steam even if they give me the awesome chance of giving ASUS free advertising.

Astral Rag

Arcane
The game has an active MP community. It's not huge of course, but there are always a few active servers when I look.

7194831FDC93ABE4533817EC9EBF68F7ED8585BA

Astral Rag

Arcane
The car you unlock when you reach level 30 and possible also for just beating the campaign:
4DD97A9D0B0AF1B917DB3351FC195820E30AE16D

stupid in-game advertising

Not saying in-game advertising doesn't suck because it most definitely almost always does. That being said, the skins I shared in this thread look good IMO and only show the company logo and that doesn't bother me. The AMD skin on the other hand:
amd_5.jpg

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Not saying in-game advertising doesn't suck because it most definitely almost always does. That being said, the skins I shared in this thread look good IMO and only show the company logo and that doesn't bother me. The AMD skin on the other hand:

Using those skins and playing online is like wearing a billboard. Except you are essentially begging them to let you use it and you don't get payed for it. It's like the ultimate cuckness.
But hey, I guess people wear shirts with their favorite soul-devouring corporations, so what do I know.

Anyway, my main issue was, no GOG release? It is gonna come or is this one of THOSE companies that think DRM is essential and obviously every other company that sells on GOG is wrong?

Astral Rag

Arcane
Free content incoming next Thursday Friday:

• 4 new tracks
  • Team modes for racing and arena
  • An increase in player level cap from 30 to 40
  • Over 25 new car skins and 4 sets of tires to unlock
  • Colour customizable Pariah cars
  • Tons of bug fixes and track improvements

a7d95ad701355b39bed3beb7dcd09b79f0d30573.jpg

I wonder if people are "still" playing the multiplayer. Even the good indie MP games tend to die so quickly these days :(

Astral Rag

Arcane
:what:

The game just updated. I thought it was just going to be some minor bug fixes but apparently they added an entire new mode and new tracks, free of charge.

ac8165b7e3127a084d033832a72b79f3cbd5ca3a.jpg

Anti-gravity racing has just landed in the GRIP universe!

Oh yes, this update brings you 15 formidable new vehicles taken from those that you already know and love and fused them together with anti-gravity technology.

Carefully engineered to be strong competition against their ground-based brethren, these vehicles offer a fantastic new racing experience exclusive to GRIP. Not quite Rollcage, not quite Wipeout, but an amazing new hybrid that will set the whole genre on fire.

Head to the garage right now and grab yourself a new ride, then hit the races and slice through the air like never before. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you, AirBlades.

Also in this 1.4.0 update:
  • Two brand new race tracks added, Atlas Station and Impact, set off-planet
  • Two bangin’ new music tracks: Full Kontakt – Tornado, Xtigma – Overdrive
  • Five new community-made car skins added to the Nyvoss Mirage vehicle (winners of the competition)
  • Improved race flow, vehicle collision and AI behaviour on various race tracks, including; FIC Outpost, Lit, Transport, Rust, Yuri Industrial, Mindbender, Naptha Valley, Serpent’s Run, Haze, Spin Cycle and Sprawl
  • Improved vehicle camera control
  • HDR display support
  • Many small improvements and fixes to both game and UI

Massive
:incline:

59AE07B3647E1A67CDC0B1DC351F6A5D474A114C

669123F384AE84ED97D8422F9FA04841BE91A2E1

4E44D6C1FABD12D08A35F57D46559B4F60F3EBC7

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
DethKarz got just released on GOG. I remember every review complained about the difficulty when the game came out but that's what I liked about it the most. Learning the tracks and perfecting every corner is the way to go, you won't get very far by randomly jumping in.

https://af.gog.com/game/dethkarz?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Just started playing this and having a blast. I'm beating myself up for not backing it on KS for the boxed copy :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom