Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Guide to Arcanum Schematics.(complete)

Kz3r0

Arcane
Due to the number of schematics I decided to divide Gun Shops in an Explosives Section and a Guns Section.

Here the entry for the Tranquilizer Gun schematic of the Guns Section:

Tranquilizer Gun

Causes the target to fall asleep.
Requires items derived from the seventh schematic acquired while graduating in the Chemistry Discipline plus an Expertise level of fifty-two in the Gun Smithy Discipline and an Expertise level of seventy-five in the Chemistry Discipline.
The Marksman's Rifle can be purchased from Gun Shops.
A member of the Willenbecker gang has a Marksman's Rifle.
One item can be obtained per unit of both components.
baronjohn has said that is possible to retrieve a Tranquilizer Gun in game, if, please, he can provide information how to do it that will be very appreciated.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Here is the DEFINITIVE form of :
Gun Shops(Guns Section)

The expertise level required for these schematics can be acquired graduating in the specific discipline, or disciplines of said schematic or through Manuals sold at the Tarant University, the expertise level granted by a manual is based on the Character's Intelligence.
For items derived from other schematics the specific entry in the dedicated section should be consulted.

Levels in Firearms are required to use guns properly.
Depending on aptitude's level Magical Characters have very high chances of critical failure while using guns

at6kp.jpg

Acid Gun

Causes Acid damage.
Requires items derived from the third schematic acquired while graduating in the Gun Smithy Discipline and the fourth schematic acquired while graduating in the Chemistry Discipline plus an Expertise level of fifty in the Gun Smithy Discipline and an Expertise level of seventy in the Chemistry Discipline.
Damien Maug, in the Boil, will give you a Repeater Rifle if you decide to side with his clan.
Muro said:
As far as I know, there are only two Repeater Rifles placed in the game: the one given by Maug and the other used by one of the thugs attacking (cough) someone (cough) under the Sobbing Onion.

m6vgy.jpg

Charged Accelerator Gun

Causes added electric damage.
Requires items derived from the third schematic acquired while graduating in the Gun Smithy Discipline plus an Expertise level of fifty in the Gun Smithy Discipline and an Expertise level of fifty-three in the Electric Discipline.
Damien Maug, in the Boil, will give you a Repeater Rifle if you decide to side with his clan.
Muro said:
As far as I know, there are only two Repeater Rifles placed in the game: the one given by Maug and the other used by one of the thugs attacking (cough) someone (cough) under the Sobbing Onion.
Electrical coil is sold by Inventor' Shops.

J4FDi.jpg

Flame Thrower

Causes additional Fire damage.
Requires items derived from the third schematic acquired while graduating in the Gun Smithy Discipline and the sixth schematic acquired while graduating in the Explosives Discipline plus an Expertise level of fifty in the Gun Smithy Discipline and an Expertise level of forty-five in the Explosives Discipline.
Muro said:

v9o6r.jpg

Grenade Launcher

Requires items derived from the seventh schematic acquired while graduating in the Gun Smithy Discipline and the fifth schematic acquired while graduating in the Explosives Discipline plus an Expertise level of eighty in the Gun Smithy Discipline and an Expertise level of sixty in the Explosives Discipline.
Franklin Payne has an Elephant Gun when you encounter him.
Calem Ravenna said:
one of the poachers near the lizardmen village (part of a quest involving the village) has an Elephant Gun.
The poacher's chief has an Elephant Gun, for encounter the poachers Kan Kerai's quest should be accepted.
One Explosive Grenade can be found in the thief cave at the Crash Site.
Pollock will give an Explosive Grenade to technological characters that will join his gang.

ILTOd.jpg

High Velocity Pistol

Requires items derived from the Charged Accelerator Gun schematic that can be purchased from Gun Shops, alongside with the fancy pistol, plus an Expertise level of forty-eight in the Gun Smithy Discipline.
Vollinger carries a fancy pistol when encountered at the Inn in Dernholm.

m0Ghr.jpg

Long Range Pistol

Requires items derived from the fifth schematic acquired while graduating in the Gun Smithy Discipline plus an Expertise level of seventy in the Gun Smithy Discipline.
The firearms master has a looking glass rifle that will give for renouncing to obtain mastery.
Gun Chassis are sold by Gun Shops and Junk Dealers.

4E4l5.jpg

Mechanized Gun

Requires items derived from the third schematic acquired while graduating in the Gun Smithy Discipline, plus an Expertise level of eighty-five in the Gun Smithy Discipline.
Muro said:
Self-loading chambers are sold by Gun Shops.
Maxim,in Caladon, for getting the camera retrieved at the Crash Site, as proof that his machines flied, will offer to build a Mechanized Gun after bringing him the requested parts,a loading mechanism and a Clarington rifle.

2cRTp.jpg

Pyrotechnic Gun

Requires items derived from the Long Range Pistol schematic that can be purchased from Gun Shops plus an Expertise level of forty in the Gun Smithy Discipline and an Expertise level of twenty in the Explosives Discipline.
Magnesium can be purchased from Inventors' Shops.

jCrIK.jpg

Rifled Cannon

Requires items derived from the first schematic acquired while graduating in the Smithy Discipline and the Charged Accelerator Gun schematic that can be purchased from Gun Shops plus an Expertise level of forty-eight in the Gun Smithy Discipline and twenty in the Smithy Discipline.
Pure ore can be purchased from Dwarven armories of the Wheel Clan and the armory in Caladon.
Pure Ore can also be found in the Bessie's Toone mine, where you encounter her ghost, after giving back mine' s property to one of her sons.

owAEn.jpg

Tranquilizer Gun

Requires items derived from the seventh schematic acquired while graduating in the Chemistry Discipline plus an Expertise level of fifty-two in the Gun Smithy Discipline and an Expertise level of seventy-five in the Chemistry Discipline.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am using imgur now, let me know if I must re-upload every image.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Until now I have obtained only four schematics from Herbalists,Fortifier, Fuel, Invigorator, Miracle Cure, does anyone knows if there are more?

baronjohn

Cipher
Kz3r0 said:
Due to the number of schematics I decided to divide Gun Shops in an Explosives Section and a Guns Section.

Here the entry for the Tranquilizer Gun schematic of the Guns Section:

Tranquilizer Gun

baronjohn has said that is possible to retrieve a Tranquilizer Gun in game, if, please, he can provide information how to do it that will be very appreciated.
Nope. It's possible to easy make one in a:wip (because shops sell the chemical part), but not vanilla.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am doing Herbalists' schematics now, this is the Fortifier's entry:

Fortifier

Requires an expertise level of ten in the Chemistry Discipline.
Wine and Varham's Aqua Vitae can be bought from General Stores and Herbalists.
One Fortifier is obtained by combining the two components.
Augments damage resistance of thirty points irregardless of character's aptitude, however has severe side-effects, when its effect cease the character has a sudden drop in health and stamina, if used on your followers they will turn hostile towards you because they register that as an attack, an high healing skill doesn't negates its side-effects.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am doing Herbalists' schematics now, this is the Fuel's entry:

Fuel

Fuel can be commonly purchased from General Stores and Inventors' Shops.
Requires an expertise level of twenty-five in the Chemistry Discipline.
Wine and Brewer' Yeast are purchased from General Stores and Herbalists.
Fifty units of Fuel can be obtained per unit of both components.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am doing Herbalists' schematics now, this is the Invigorator's entry:

Invigorator

Temporarily augments HP and FP of twenty-five irregardless of character's aptitude.
Requires items derived from the second and fifth schematic acquired while graduating in the Herbology Discipline plus an expertise level of seventy in the Herbology Discipline.
Three Invigorator can be obtained per unit of both components.
Can be administered to any non-mechanical character.
Lasts an hour of in-game time.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am doing Herbalists' schematics now, this is the Miracle Cure 's entry:

Miracle Cure

Restores one hundred HP and FP irregardless of character's aptitude.
Requires items derived from the sixth schematic acquired while graduating in the Herbology Discipline and the Fortifier schematic that can be bought from Herbalists plus an expertise level of eighty-five in the Herbology Discipline and fifty-five in the chemistry Discipline.
One Miracle Cure is obtained by combining the two components.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Here is the DEFINITIVE form of :
Herbalists

The expertise level required for these schematics can be acquired graduating in the specific discipline, or disciplines of said schematic or through Manuals sold at the Tarant University, the expertise level granted by a manual is based on the Character's Intelligence.
For items derived from other schematics the specific entry in the dedicated section should be consulted.

Fortifier

Requires an expertise level of ten in the Chemistry Discipline.
Wine and Varham's Aqua Vitae can be bought from General Stores and Herbalists.
One Fortifier is obtained by combining the two components.
Augments damage resistance of thirty points irregardless of character's aptitude, however has severe side-effects, when its effect cease the character has a sudden drop in health and stamina, if used on your followers they will turn hostile towards you because they register that as an attack, an high healing skill doesn't negates its side-effects.

Fuel

Fuel can be commonly purchased from General Stores and Inventors' Shops.
Requires an expertise level of twenty-five in the Chemistry Discipline.
Wine and Brewer' Yeast are purchased from General Stores and Herbalists.
Fifty units of Fuel can be obtained per unit of both components.

Invigorator

Temporarily augments HP and FP of twenty-five irregardless of character's aptitude.
Requires items derived from the second and fifth schematic acquired while graduating in the Herbology Discipline plus an expertise level of seventy in the Herbology Discipline.
Three Invigorator can be obtained per unit of both components.
Lasts an hour of in-game time.

Miracle Cure

Restores one hundred HP and FP irregardless of character's aptitude.
Requires items derived from the sixth schematic acquired while graduating in the Herbology Discipline and the Fortifier schematic that can be bought from Herbalists plus an expertise level of eighty-five in the Herbology Discipline and fifty-five in the chemistry Discipline.
One Miracle Cure is obtained by combining the two components.
_

Muro

Educated
Kz3r0 said:
For everyone interested in a more detailed outlook of weapons and their stats here the links to Muro's excellent database:
~CODEX WORKSHOP THREAD~
~DOWNLOAD LINK~
~ORIGINAL THREAD ON TERRA ARCANUM~
Yay! Free advertisement!

Kz3r0 said:
Spike Trap
Deals up to thirty points of damage to what steps on it.
It deals 15-25 damage from my observation.

Kz3r0 said:
Bear Trap
Immobilizes what steps on it dealing thirty points of damage.
It deals 5-10 damage from my observation.

Kz3r0 said:
Mind Marvel
Slightly harmful for magical characters.
Harmful? In what way?

Kz3r0 said:
Flow Disruptor
Augments Magic Resistance of thirty points.
It can be added that while the 30 AC is fixed, the magic resistance scales with aptitude (0% at aptitude ≥ 60 MA, 30% at aptitude ≥ 60 TA).

Kz3r0 said:
Lemon and Potato Charges
Components are found in farmlands.
Can be specified that there are in potato plants and lemon trees. Theoretically obvious, but "farmlands" may be too enigmatic for those not knowing some plants are containers.

Kz3r0 said:
Bullets
Sebastian has a bullets' schematic when you encounter him.
Um, except he doesn't?

Kz3r0 said:
Blade Launcher
The item obtained with this schematic is completely broken, it doesn't use AP, of fifty shots fired by a character expert in firearms not even one hit the target that didn't even became hostile, it's like nothing happened, so, until further notice, this note will be the only entry for this schematic.
The Blade Launcher works perfectly fine in my game (playing 1.0.7.4 + UAP 091225).

Kz3r0 said:
Electro Armor
Can be added that its stats scale with aptitude between 100 MA and 100 TA.

Kz3r0 said:
Mechanical Dagger
Can be added that there's a Mechanical Dagger on the Herbalist in Ashbury and the Inventor in Black Root.

Kz3r0 said:
Time Bomb
the delay is half of that of Dynamite.
From my observation the countdowns of both Dynamite and the Time Bomb last exactly 11 seconds.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
For everyone interested in a more detailed outlook of weapons and their stats here the links to Muro's excellent database:
~CODEX WORKSHOP THREAD~
~DOWNLOAD LINK~
~ORIGINAL THREAD ON TERRA ARCANUM~
Yay! Free advertisement!
Honor where honor is due.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Spike Trap
Deals up to thirty points of damage to what steps on it.
It deals 15-25 damage from my observation.
You are correct, a wrong copy-pasta.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Bear Trap
Immobilizes what steps on it dealing thirty points of damage.
It deals 5-10 damage from my observation.
Well my observations are based on the floating number over the target's head, so I can be wrong.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Mind Marvel
Harmful? In what way?
When I have used it on Dante his HPs slightly decreased and he healed himself, I will check again.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Flow Disruptor
Augments Magic Resistance of thirty points.
It can be added that while the 30 AC is fixed, the magic resistance scales with aptitude (0% at aptitude ≥ 60 MA, 30% at aptitude ≥ 60 TA).
I will add this.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Lemon and Potato Charges
Components are found in farmlands.
Can be specified that there are in potato plants and lemon trees. Theoretically obvious, but "farmlands" may be too enigmatic for those not knowing some plants are containers.
I will add this.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Bullets
Sebastian has a bullets' schematic when you encounter him.
Um, except he doesn't?
Actually he has more than one, I will post a screenshot.

Edit:
I verified, I made an incredible mistake, Muro is correct.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Blade Launcher
The item obtained with this schematic is completely broken, it doesn't use AP, of fifty shots fired by a character expert in firearms not even one hit the target that didn't even became hostile, it's like nothing happened, so, until further notice, this note will be the only entry for this schematic.
The Blade Launcher works perfectly fine in my game (playing 1.0.7.4 + UAP 091225).
Maybe is an issue with strength requirements, I will check again.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Electro Armor
Can be added that its stats scale with aptitude between 100 MA and 100 TA.
I will add this.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Mechanical Dagger
Can be added that there's a Mechanical Dagger on the Herbalist in Ashbury and the Inventor in Black Root.
I will add this.

Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Time Bomb
the delay is half of that of Dynamite.
From my observation the countdowns of both Dynamite and the Time Bomb last exactly 11 seconds.
I will check again, mine was just an impression however.

Thanks again.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I verified the Blade Launcher, seems that my character was too weak to use it properly, oh well, I'll prepare a entry for it then.
About the Time Bomb and Dynamite time delay Muro was correct, I will add that
I also found a new schematic sold by Gun Shops, Mustard Gas Grenade, in due time I will add that too.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Added this to the requirements:
Some weapon has a Minimum Strength Requirement(MSQ) to be used properly, if this requirement is not met when the character holds the weapon the background around it becomes red with the MSR writing followed by a number indicating the needed strength level .

Kz3r0

Arcane
Adjourned Armories with this entry:

Blade Launcher

Requires items derived from the seventh schematic of the Gun Smithy Discipline plus an expertise level of eighty in the Gun Smithy Discipline.
Fine Steel Daggers are sold by armories, Molochean Hand's assassins use them, the blacksmith in Shrouded Hills will give a Fine Steel Dagger for procuring him some Pure Ore.
Franklin Payne has an Elephant Gun when you encounter him.
Calem Ravenna said:
one of the poachers near the lizardmen village (part of a quest involving the village) has an Elephant Gun.
The poacher's chief has an Elephant Gun, to encounter the poachers Kan Kerai's quest should be accepted.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Adjourned Gun Shops(Explosives Section) with this entry:

Mustard Gas Grenade

Creates a smoke curtain in a 3X3 area that will continuously poison what pass through it, similar to the Poisonous Vapors spell.
Requires items derived from the fifth schematic acquired while graduating in the Explosives Discipline and the fourth schematic acquired while graduating in the Chemistry Discipline plus an Expertise level of seventy in the Chemistry Discipline and an Expertise level of sixty in the Explosives Discipline.
Corrosive Acid is sold by Inventors' Shops too.
One Explosive Grenade can be found in the thief cave at the Crash Site.
Pollock will give an Explosive Grenade to technological characters that will join his gang.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Kz3r0 said:
Muro said:
Kz3r0 said:
Mind Marvel
Harmful? In what way?
When I have used it on Dante his HPs slightly decreased and he healed himself, I will check again.
I made the same mistake, again :rage: , the total HP slightly increased without filling up, I will cancel that line then.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Well after Muro's post I think that probably no more corrections are needed, soon I will begin to present the entries for the schematics found in the various locations.
If someone has some particular request or suggestion, or know of some schematic that I have left out, let me know.

Kz3r0

Arcane
This is the entry for the schematics found in Ashbury:
Automaton

This schematic is inside a chest in the basement of a residential house in Ashbury at 12 Trellis Way, easily recognizable for the guy standing in front of it that will ask to retrieve his technological enhanced armor.
Components are acquired by fully graduating in Mechanics and Smithy.
A melee fighter, doesn't add to followers' count.

This schematic has already been discussed, I posting it to proceed in an orderly fashion.

Kz3r0

Arcane
These are the entries for the schematics that can be found in the Black Mountain Clan Mines.:
Pyrotechnic Bow

Causes additional fire damage.
It's found on the first level, before the hall with the passage to the lower levels, where the first dead thief is, following the corridor on the right to the end there is a room with a Seething Mass, the schematic is inside one of the barrels, alongside with a pair of Machined Gauntlets and an Eye Gear.
The fire obstruction is acquired graduating in Explosives, the Compound Bow schematic can be bought in Armories.

Mental Inhibitor

The schematic is inside a heavily trapped black chest in one of the middle rooms of the southern part of the inferior level that can be accessed through the passages on the right and on the far right of the stairs conducting to the Royal Hall.
Requires items derived from the fourth schematic of the Chemistry Discipline and the fifth schematic of the Therapeutics Discipline plus an expertise level of seventy in the Chemistry Discipline and eighty-five in the Therapeutics Discipline, corrosive acid is sold in Inventors' Shops.
Muro said:
Actually, the effect isn't a fixed number. What the Inhibitor does is halve the opponent's Willpower.
t works on all non-animal non-mechanical NPCs regardless of their aptitude, though it it obviously most useful against mages.
In other words, it is effectively the tech equivalent of Drain Will, but has one major advantage over it - it ignores immunity to willpower halving coming from WP 20+.
The Mental Inhibitor seems to work only on the base value of Will Power, ignoring eventual bonuses, so, for some NPCs the drop in Will Power can be inferior to the usual.

This schematic has already been discussed, I posting it to proceed in an orderly fashion.

Kz3r0

Arcane
These are the entries for the schematics that can be found on the Isle of Despair:
Bronwyck's Gun

The schematic is near the wrecked, fish shaped, submarine at Shades Beach.
Requires an expertise level of forty in the Gun Smithy discipline.
An ancient gun chassis will be given by Jones the Collector for retrieving some item from Shades Beach, another can be found in the Vendigroth Ruins.
Mithril can be purchased from Dwarven armories at the Wheel Clan or found in the Dredge, at the Stonecutter Clan or in the Vendigroth Ruins.
Causes additional fire and electric damage.
Consumes two units of fuel per shot.

Reanimator

The schematic is near the wrecked, fish shaped, submarine at Shades Beach.
Restores life, with full HP and FP, of any, non mechanical, dead character.
Requires items derived from the seventh schematic acquired while graduating in the Herbology Discipline plus an expertise level of ninety in the Herbology Discipline and an expertise level of forty in the Electric Discipline.
Large capacitors are sold by Inventors' shops.
A practically identical item, named Restore Life, can be purchased from Herbalists.

Wheel Clan Spectacles

A quest item used to find the entrance to the Wheel Clan.
This schematic can be found in a chest inside Thorvald Two Stones' bedroom.
Doesn't require any expertise.
Kathorn crystals can be found in the Black Mountain Mines or collected as loot from the skeletons at the Ancient Shipwreck location near Ashbury.
Spectacles are purchased from Inventors' Shops and the specialized shop in Ashbury, that will also craft a pair of Wheel Clan Spectacles if provided with a Kathorn crystal.
Thorvald Two Stones carries a pair of Wheel Clan Spectacles.

Kz3r0

Arcane
These are the entries for the schematics that can be found in the Stonecutter Clan:
Muscle Maker

The schematic is inside a chest in the upper right corner of the room where the dwarfs barricaded themselves.
Requires items derived from the second schematic acquired while graduating in the Therapeutics Discipline and the second schematic acquired while graduating in the Chemistry Discipline plus an expertise level of seventy-eight in the Therapeutics Discipline and an expertise level of thirty in the Electric Discipline.
A potion of physical prowess can be found in the Vendigroth Ruins.
Charges are commonly sold by Inventors' Shops, where a Lemon an Potato Charges schematic can also be bought.
Permanently increases Strength, Constitution, Dexterity and Beauty of one while permanently diminishing Intelligence, Will Power, Perception and Charisma of one.

Necromizer

The schematic is inside the desk in Kerghan's laboratory,that is situated at the end of the passage inside the hall's middle room with the closed door.
Requires items derived from the Fortifier schematic sold by Herbalists plus an expertise level of fifty-five in the Chemistry Discipline and an expertise level of forty in the electric Discipline.
Large capacitors are sold by Inventor' shops.
Works as the Create Undead spell, transforms any, non mechanical, dead character in a temporary follower irregardless of the followers' count, lasts for around an in-game hour, when the effect wears off the temporary follower becomes hostile.

Kz3r0

Arcane
These are the entries for the schematics that can be found in Tarant:
Elixir of Hypnotic Suggestion

The schematic is inside a barrel in the sealed part of the sewers.
Requires items derived from the first schematic acquired while graduating in the Therapeutics Discipline and the fifth schematic acquired while graduating in the Chemistry Discipline plus an expertise level of fifty-six in the Therapeutics Discipline and an expertise level of eighty-five in the Chemistry Discipline.
Works as the Dominate Will spell, transform the target in a temporary follower irregardless of the followers' count, lasts for around an in-game hour, when the effect wears off the temporary follower becomes hostile.

Schreck Multi-Barreled Pistol

The item derived from this schematic is part of the restored content of Drog Black Tooth's UAP, originally wasn't possible to craft it.
Can be found inside a drawer at the Bates' factory.
Requires items derived from the sixth schematic acquired while graduating in the Gun Smithy Discipline, plus an Expertise level of eighty-five in the Gun Smithy Discipline.
Pollock will give a Hand Cannon to technological characters that will join his gang.
Muro said:
It can be added that Sammie White has a Hand Cannon in his inventory.
Self-loading chambers are sold by Gun Shops.
Fires six bullets per shot
Use by a Magical Character increases chances of critical failure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom