Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hahaha, now I will NOT buy SC2 for SURE!

racofer

Thread Incliner
I was even considering getting this game as I've always enjoyed custom maps on both the original SC and WC3/TFT. I can pre-order the game in here for R$50,00, which is a really good price (most games go for R$90,00). However, there's a catch:

• SC2 ships with subscription fees in Latin America

As of yesterday, Blizzard's CEO and Co-Founder Mike Morhaime, made an announcement regarding the future Latin-American SC2 community.
    Morhaime stated that Blizzard is going to ship a fully Spanish translated version of the game in these designated regions.

Besides that, he also released information about a subscription based marketing plan in these regions, to make the game available for purchase to a larger variety of players.

After the initial 6 months subscription expires, it can be 'recharged' for 30 up to 60 days more, for as long as the players want.

By subscribing, a player benefits all the goodies Battle.net 2.0 has to offer, yet for a limited period of time.

The subscription however, can be upgraded to a life time deal, if the players buy the retail package that will go around for 59,99$, similar to the US product.

Here's a fragment of the press release, translated into English by myself:

"IRVINE, Calif. -- 6 de mayo de 2010 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty™, its highly anticipated real time strategy game, will be fully translated into Latin American Spanish and be available in Mexico, Argentina and Chile for a suggested price of $299 MXN, $119 ARS and 13.900 CLP respectively. With this purchase, you will have access for six months to the single player campaign and the multiplayer features, using the new version of Battle.net ®, the online gaming destination of choice for the players of Blizzard Entertainment. Also, if you want to buy extra time to play StarCraft II, there will be options to subscribe for 30 and 60 days. We will announce the prices of these options later.

Those who prefer to have unrestricted access to the single player campaign and the multiplayer features StarCraft II through Battle.net, they can buy and download an unlimited version of the game by Blizzard Entertainment for a similar price to U.S. $ 59.99 USD."

Blizzard's Mike Morhaime stated:

"One of our design goals for StarCraft II was to make it accessible to a wide range of players, from novices to veterans."

TL:DR version:

SC2 in here, bought on stores, will allow you to play it for 180 days (both online and single player!). If you do want to continue playing it, feel free to send in R$10,00 per month to keep your copy playable, or pay US$59,00 (approximately R$120,00) for a lifetime license.

The jewism is so ridiculous on this "deal" I have no words to describe it. The worst part about it is that this is not written on any website in here that is already taking pre-orders of the game and knowing most people, I doubt anyone will realize this bullshit until they expire their initial 180 days.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
kotick_douche_01.png

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh yes, I forgot about this as well:

The collector's edition is going for a bargain price of R$499,00. I can buy a Phenon II x6 for that price in here.

:thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
I would rage, but honestly I'm not going to buy (or even pirate) this game. But yes, what a shitty decision.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
eu-flag.gif

Day 1 purchase here. Will buy it digitally from Blizzard EU (unlocks at 10AM on the 27th but who cares).

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zed said:
Day 1 purchase here. Will buy it digitally from Blizzard EU (unlocks at 10AM on the 27th but who cares).

How much money do they want for it?
Dvd is gonna cost about 40+ euros overhere.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
racofer said:
With this purchase, you will have access for six months to the single player campaign and the multiplayer features.

:retarded:

Blizzard's Mike Morhaime stated:

"One of our design goals for StarCraft II was to make it accessible to a wide range of players, from novices to veterans."

My mind just asploded :retarded:

Black

Arcane
Dammit Blizz, racofer finally had a chance to play something good and you take it away from him. Now all he has left is the new shit!
Also, Pollackland > you :smug:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
racofer said:
r R$50,00, which is a really good price (most games go for R$90,00).

The subscription however, can be upgraded to a life time deal, if the players buy the retail package that will go around for 59,99$, similar to the US product.

you pay the same as everyone else, fuck you and your entitlement dirty thirld worlder. What kind of fucked up currency is that anyway.

They should charge you triple, must be a ball ache for them to enchange that shit.

Dark Matter

Prophet
It says that you can buy a normal complete version for the regular price if you want. The subscription based version is just optional.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
fizzelopeguss said:
racofer said:
r R$50,00, which is a really good price (most games go for R$90,00).

you pay the same as everyone else, fuck you and your entitlement dirty thirld worlder. What kind of fucked up currency is that anyway.
What entitlement? I'm pretty sure that he has to work for the game as hard as anyone else.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
fizzelopeguss said:
You lot not in the big 3 gaming markets somehow expect and demand your software on the cheap.
They have to pay more that people in USA and Europe for SC2, thats the problem. I don't know details about about Latin America but here in Russia if you want both the box for your collection and full access you have to pay 2800r = 92$ = 72 euro

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
fizzelopeguss said:
Hamster said:
but here in Russia if you want both the box for your collection and full access you have to pay 2800r = 92$ = 72 euro

Is no russian store importing EU boxes for you?

People who can understand english have no problems ordering EU boxes, but people who don't want to pay additional money for international delivery or can't understand english are fucked.

Destroid

Arcane
Costs $90USD here, none of you pay what Australia pays for video games :(

And we still get shit service from MMOs with regard to server placement and the like.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Can get it for £29.74 here with a tesco voucher code, shitloads of ads too so there's potential for a supermarket priceware like what happened with MW2 (360 versions of that were going for £25)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So wait... you can buy the full time license (which is the price of a normal game) alone, or do you need to pay the initial price AND that license? Because I see no problem with the former.

Either way, you wouldn't have bought it anyway, faggot.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Markman said:
Zed said:

How much money do they want for it?
Dvd is gonna cost about 40+ euros overhere.
No idea what it's gonna cost. Probably pretty fucking expensive, at least compared to retailers. The time I'll spend in the World Editor alone is worth hundreds of euros though so I'm not too bothered by the jew greed in this case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom