Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Harebrained Schemes General Discussion Thread

Will HBS stay on the path of the incline?

• Yes, it will always stay on the right side

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • For some time yes, then it will inevitably fall

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • It already started becoming a decline

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • It is alrady a decline

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • It was never an incline to begin with.

Votes: 69 25.7%
  • How the fuck could I know?

Votes: 47 17.5%
  • kingcomrade in order to make well thought answers meaningles

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters

Cael

Arcane

well off you go guys! Thanks! ?

In some way yes. And Paradox doesn't need to do all the bullshit like paying severance pay, etc associated with firing people with the studio (they already fired significant amount in June supposedly). It will just go bankrupt after 1 Jan very likely unless HBS can pull something out of its ass in 2 months time.
Could not have happened to a better bunch of smug, self-fellating cunts. I still remember that big cigar and the taunts, Mitch, Kevin and Jordan. I hope you guys lost everything, jackasses.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I still remember that big cigar and the taunts, Mitch, Kevin and Jordan. I hope you guys lost everything, jackasses.
Jordan Weisman and Mitch Gitelman co-founded Harebrained Schemes, would have been paid millions when Paradox acquired the company, and seem to have departed from the company afterward.

scrooge-donald-duckfziz7.gif
scroogemcduckpdino.gif

Cael

Arcane
I still remember that big cigar and the taunts, Mitch, Kevin and Jordan. I hope you guys lost everything, jackasses.
Jordan Weisman and Mitch Gitelman co-founded Harebrained Schemes, would have been paid millions when Paradox acquired the company, and seem to have departed from the company afterward.

scrooge-donald-duckfziz7.gif
scroogemcduckpdino.gif
Karma will dictate they get runned over by a train, which will then be hit by a crashing 747.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Weisman noped out but Gitelman's still there.

A lot of folks are asking about the ownership of BATTLETECH_Game and the Shadowrun trilogy. As the press release said, PDX owns those along with the code that made them. Microsoft owns the rights to BT & SR digital games.

They truly have nothing but their name and a skeleton crew. :lol: Seems like it'll take a minor miracle for them to get someone to pay them to make games now.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They truly have nothing but their name and a skeleton crew. :lol: Seems like it'll take a minor miracle for them to get someone to pay them to make games now.

This is just being fired in all but names

The current CEO must be paid by some fat bucks if he takes this "deal", this pretty much condemens whoever left in the companies to not get anything when the company goes bankrupt

almondblight

Arcane
I always got the feeling that Dragonfall was a sleeper hit, which is why it became a standalone title, and why we got a second Shadowrun Kickstarter. I imagine if SRR or SR:HK had the quality of Dragonfall, the series could have had quite a bit more mileage (Gitelman even mentioned another module after HK in one of the HK Kickstarter updates).

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I never liked them. Especially after what they did to Battletech. Not only because it was far beyond the woke standards of its time, but mainly because of how clunky the games were. The mechanical base they purchased with the brand was implemented very clumsily (the same was true in Shadowruns), and even the structure of the base, adapted from X-Com, worked so-so. The sympathy for their games on RPG Codex remains a mystery to me.

Edit: Grauken, why are you gae? Shoud call you mista?

Last edited:

Vox Machina

Barely Literate
The irony here is that Microsoft will probable end up acquiring both Hairbrained Schemes AND Paradox, so it will all be moot in the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom