Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Have You Changed Your Opinion of WL2 Since the Beta?

My opinion on WL2 since seeing/playing beta material has

• Remained the same: I liked the game upon beta release, and I like it now.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Gotten worse: I liked the beta at release, but I like the game less now.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Gotten better: I like the game more now than I did at the beta release.

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • I haven't liked it since release

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Shut the fuck up asshole

Votes: 36 42.9%

• Total voters

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Poll really says it all. I'm interested if people think the game has gotten better/worse since the beta. You need not have even played the beta to have an opinion on this. There have been enough livestreams and youtube videos to give people a lot of impressions.

Votes are public. Don't be a fucking baby.

ETA: Okay, they aren't public. But still don't be a fucking baby, as a general rule.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Poll really says it all. I'm interested if people think the game has gotten better/worse since the beta. You need not have even played the beta to have an opinion on this. There have been enough livestreams and youtube videos to give people a lot of impressions.

Except you haven't made the votes public :M

Unfortunately xenforo doesn't allow editing that option, so you might want to make a new thread if you do want the votes to be public. I could delete this one.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

Except you haven't made the votes public :M

Unfortunately xenforo doesn't allow editing that option, so you might want to make a new thread if you do want the votes to be public. I could delete this one.

That's odd. I checked the box!

Pantalones

Prospernaut
I put "I haven't liked it since release" but that is probably too strong. More like not as excited any more to play the real deal once it's ready, and glad I did not fund for some huge amount. I didn't actually play the beta but the mechanics don't seem great and nothing else anyone talks about sounds that great, either.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Better. I expected it to be a well intentioned mess in the first place. It's still a mess from what I've seen, but a better one than I expected.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My opinion before the beta was "I'll buy this when it releases OMG CAN'T WAIT!!!"

My opinion today is "I'll buy this when it releases la la la la la la can't hear you fuck offfffffff...."

So... no?

Protip: Never add shitpost answers to a poll, they're guaranteed to get the most votes.
Shut the fuck up asshole

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
wl2 is pretty bad and so is this thread.

I played the early beta and saw no redeeming qualities. was hoping that the writing would be awesome because of everything else (graphics, sound, ui, character system, combat) being of russian shovelware-levels, but no, the writing is superfluous and void of charm.

I don't see myself playing the AG/highpool whatever stuff again just to get to any potentially "good stuff." if they think the latter stuff is so much better, then they should cut the shit parts out. just like they should have done some cutting in the writing.

Pantalones

Prospernaut
wl2 is pretty bad and so is this thread.

I played the early beta and saw no redeeming qualities. was hoping that the writing would be awesome because of everything else (graphics, sound, ui, character system, combat) being of russian shovelware-levels, but no, the writing is superfluous and void of charm.

I don't see myself playing the AG/highpool whatever stuff again just to get to any potentially "good stuff." if they think the latter stuff is so much better, then they should cut the shit parts out. just like they should have done some cutting in the writing.

Reviews like this really depress me. Still going to give it a whirl when it's fully debugged, though.

Surprising results compared to the butthurt in the main thread, it would seem that the people who never liked W2 and still don't spend more time there than those that do.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haven't played it since I generally dislike playing unfinished games, and I mostly stopped reading the Codex impressions around the time when everyone got butthurt about the "arrow to the knee" jokes. I mean yeah, it's a bad joke, but jesus can people here overreact. It's hard to say how much of the criticism is justified and how much is just the result of edginess and bandwagoning, so I decided to just wait for the finished game and make up my own mind then.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Disclaimer: I've been biased by a positive attitude since the beginning.

So I played the beta within the first week of access. I liked it despite its many blemishes. I quickly lost my enthusiasm - I felt like I didn't want to spoil the content for the "real" release - anyway, I lost my hunger to play it and even dropped off the forums for a while.

Builds came and went without my playing them much if at all.

Then the latest build dropped with more character options, which I wanted to check out, so I fired it up again. I'm honestly impressed with how far it's come since the first public build. I was prepared to play and enjoy a game like the first build, but now I'm downright excited.

So yes, maybe the people who claim it's complete garbage are right and I'm just a fanboy for liking the game at all. I won't dispute that here. But the question the thread poses is "Is the beta better now than it was at first?" The answer is a resounding "YES".

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I stopped following the game in april but unless a miracle happened my opinion remains the same

Improvements across the board, was Canyon of Titan in at that point? That and Damonta are my favourite locations so far, a lot of the improvements have been visual: UI, new map, more character models. Music seems better, more varied too, as well they toned down some tunes that were really annoying. Added more reactivity to companion characters, opened up the world so you could visit most locations from the start.

It's still the same game however, at it's core, so if you hated what you'd played you'd probably go from that to indifference or dislike. Not that it matters since IIRC you're one of those.(Daedalos centipede)

Lemming42

Arcane
I played the beta back in December or whatever and thought it kinda sucked, so I haven't played it since. I'm forcing myself to set aside any expectations at all and give the game a completely fair chance when it's finally released.

So none of the above I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom